* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler Beats Indiana in OT  (Read 19410 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Butler Beats Indiana in OT
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
Sure I would.  Why wouldn't I expect Blue to make the League?  He's got the talent, he's scoring well, he's probably the best overall talent on our team.  

He was ranked in the top 35 out of high school by no fewer than four different services (as high as 24th by Rivals).  I'd be surprised if he didn't make the league--especially with four years under Buzz's development.

But let me put you on the spot--do you expect Blue to make it or not?  

As is typically your wont, you give a false (to your side of the argument) impression by stating only Van's highest rankings. In the end, the TRUTH is his RSCI was 53 and falling.

I think he's got a real shot, but I wouldn't put him in the league now to further a bogus argument. Which is, of course, what you did.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
BUMP

Not too proud to say...Nice win for TC & Co.  I have maintained their road feb schedule would be their undoing, so today is a nice and unexpected win in my eyes.

Just like with Deane at Lamar, it's nice to see a forced-out coach find success elsewhere.  A win-win.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:32:52 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »
BUMP

Not to proud to say...Nice win for TC & Co.  I have maintained their road feb schedule would be their undoing, so today is a nice and unexpected win in my eyes.

Just like with Deane at Lamar, it's nice to see a forced-out coach find success elsewhere.  A win-win.

Forced out coach? 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
Crean making MU look bad.    Odds on favorite to win title.   Hell of a game versus ohio state.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »
Forced out coach? 

Yep, it was a gutsy call but validated by back to back Sweet 16s.  I just wish they would have been more up front about it but, the curious coaching "search" makes all the sense now.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
Yep, it was a gutsy call but validated by back to back Sweet 16s.  I just wish they would have been more up front about it but, the curious coaching "search" makes all the sense now.

For it to be "validated" wouldn't you want the next chapter to achieve just as much as the previous chapter?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
For it to be "validated" wouldn't you want the next chapter to achieve just as much as the previous chapter?

The next chapter already has achieved as much as the previous chapter - 5 NCAA tourney wins - albeit in just 4 seasons, as opposed to 9 at the helm.  The next chapter has yet led us into 1st round NIT exits coming off Sweet 16 season with 2 future NBA players on the roster.  The next chapter appears to have a very talented bench of players top to bottom that should be able to sustain continued NCAA tourney appearances.

I'll never understand why some want to downplay the achievements of our CURRENT coach to try to prop up and inflate those of our previous coach who chose to move on from MU. 

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »
I'll never understand why some want to downplay the achievements of our CURRENT coach to try to prop up and inflate those of our previous coach who chose to move on from MU. 

Probably for the same reason some want to downplay the achievements of our PREVIOUS coach to try to prop up and inflate those of out current coach.
Tom Cream did a very good job for Marquette.
Buzz Williams is doing a very good job for Marquette.
Why some of thou continue to find it necessary to take sides and debate the same crap making the same arguments FIVE years later is beyond me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »

I assume teal is stuck on your keyboard.   ;) 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
The next chapter already has achieved as much as the previous chapter - 5 NCAA tourney wins - albeit in just 4 seasons, as opposed to 9 at the helm.  The next chapter has yet led us into 1st round NIT exits coming off Sweet 16 season with 2 future NBA players on the roster.  The next chapter appears to have a very talented bench of players top to bottom that should be able to sustain continued NCAA tourney appearances.

Next chapter looks great....though if you want to play the game you are playing, the next chapter hasn't taken us to a Final Four, won a conference championship, started with a much different situation (real practice facility, Big East, a few years off Final Four, etc.  Goes both ways.  Glad we've had great coaches, past and present.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »
Probably for the same reason some want to downplay the achievements of our PREVIOUS coach to try to prop up and inflate those of out current coach.
Tom Cream did a very good job for Marquette.
Buzz Williams is doing a very good job for Marquette.
Why some of thou continue to find it necessary to take sides and debate the same crap making the same arguments FIVE years later is beyond me.

This is a very good point.  No argument here....I had a great appreciation for what Crean did at MU results-wise, but ultimately got sucked into the ridiculous 5 year debate due to the group who was taking shots at the current coach in an effort to champion the previous.  My thought was why take shots at the guy who is the current coach...and why not let go of Crean, everyone recognize what he did/accomplished at MU....and move on?  

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
Next chapter looks great....though if you want to play the game you are playing, the next chapter hasn't taken us to a Final Four, won a conference championship, started with a much different situation (real practice facility, Big East, a few years off Final Four, etc.  Goes both ways.  Glad we've had great coaches, past and present.

Agree...though I wouldn't put too* much value on the Conference USA championship..a nice achievement but to win a Big East title obviously is a whole different animal.  No doubt the profile of MU hoops was raised big time through Crean's efforts at MU, which certainly made Buzz's job an easier situation to walk into.  It's worked out well for TC to go to Indiana, and MU hasn't lost a step with Buzz at the helm, and Buzz probably is a slightly better recruiter than was TC...which is needed at MU...as it certainly is a harder place to recruit to than a blue blood program.