Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: morning after meditation  (Read 8031 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: morning after meditation
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
We'd be hearing endless stories about the mighty P5...and how Villanova was a scrappy underdog that couldn't get it done. The ACC-ESPN love fest would be out of control.

Instead, the Big East has firmly re-established itself as a major player. Congrats and thank you, 'nova.

Agree with this.  After all, Butler finished second twice...and their near-misses did nothing to change the dialogue about the P5.  The difference between first and second is huge from a perception standpoint.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 12:23:38 PM »

Curious, did anyone watch the "team stream" call for either side?

I flipped to the Nova team stream for a few minutes, but it wasn't as good without Raf....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »
What game did you watch?

Villavova
58.3% FG
57.1% From 3

UNC
42.9% FG
64.7% From 3

Duke Butler is what e was referring to
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »
I have no idea if Duke would be interested or if he would be interested in Duke, but that is the only job I could see him taking.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »
Duke Butler is what e was referring to

Yep caught that on a reread, bold was hard to see.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 01:35:05 PM »
I flipped to the Nova team stream for a few minutes, but it wasn't as good without Raf....
I thought the Nova guys did a heck of a job.  Obviously homers but acknowledging when Nova got a break, when a foul was a make up call, etc.  Plus, and i'm not sure if they had this on the national feed, some great shots from inside the Pavilion...especially on the game winner.

Yes not having Raf was a bummer, but not having the other assclown color guy - i don't even care enough to look it up - was a blessing.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 01:39:49 PM »
I don't know if any of you guys have snapchat but on the national championship story there are some great shots from the Pavilion, as well as great videos of North Carolina fans crying, breaking their phones and smashing tennis rackets.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
It's hard not to enjoy a game that Raf is enjoying - I wish MU games had no other announcer besides him (no play by play, just Raf).

Curious, did anyone watch the "team stream" call for either side?

I did a bit during the 2nd half. Brendan Haywood was ridiculous on the NC stream, if NC got 1 point every time he uttered "How was that not a foul!" Carolina would have won by 30.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
I did a bit during the 2nd half. Brendan Haywood was ridiculous on the NC stream, if NC got 1 point every time he uttered "How was that not a foul!" Carolina would have won by 30.
Agreed. I did not know who this clown was, but he was absolutely whining over every non call in the 2nd half. What a UNC homer!! He will likely really be bawling in NCAA comes down hard on UNC--which they should but will likely not.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 02:33:04 PM »
We'll see. I could see a NBA team making a run at him.

He did, though that was a different time. Now, what more does Wright have to prove at this level? He's won the league, went to the Final Four, and cut down the nets to end the season. Not saying he will go, and my sincere hope is that he doesn't, but I could see a team like the Knicks or Lakers taking a shot at Wright, hoping that he's the next Brad Stevens.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »
Villanova was no Cinderella. They were the best team in the tournament, beat two #1s, a #2 and a #3. Carolina, Kansas and the other blue bloods didn't beat anybody.

Great point. Also hard to call Nova a Cinderella when the Wildcats were ranked #1 in the country for 3 straight weeks down the stretch — February 8th through 22nd — in both the AP and USA Today coaches polls.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
Agreed. I did not know who this clown was, but he was absolutely whining over every non call in the 2nd half. What a UNC homer!! He will likely really be bawling in NCAA comes down hard on UNC--which they should but will likely not.

TBS didn't call them the "homer channels" for nothing.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »
I don't know if any of you guys have snapchat but on the national championship story there are some great shots from the Pavilion, as well as great videos of North Carolina fans crying, breaking their phones and smashing tennis rackets.
any shots of non basketball student athletes throwing their text books?................Oh, wait...

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
any shots of non basketball student athletes throwing their text books?................Oh, wait...

+11
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback