Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: my breakdown  (Read 5034 times)

goinUptown

• Scholarship Player
my breakdown
« on: March 21, 2019, 05:50:09 AM »
the 5 of 6 losses to end the season were due almost exclusively to tired legs and minor but nagging injuries, a function of playing with a super-tough-never-back-down identity (newly found this year, by the way) in the most grueling, physically demanding conference in the nation

now that the TEAM has rested and a humongous chip placed on their shoulder because of the Seton Hall debacle, not only are we rested, but we are super-pissed at the same time; not only will we be back to top form, we'll actually reach a new high, just in time to beat Murray State AND the next comer

then all bets are off given the emotion from Seton Hall wears off, but seems at least S16 to this prognosticator

goinUptown

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: my breakdown
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »
Glad you're confident, Up. Bill Belickek says you are what your record is, and our record lately, especially late in games, shows a lot of not gettin' it done. Hearing a lot of excuses and rationalizations on the board but the facts are what the facts are. I think it HAS to be in their minds at this stage. Let's hope they can use the admittedly unfair situation in the Garden to get over it!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:28:15 AM »
I am where I was 4 days ago.   Ponds, Powell, Booth, and Akinjo are not as good as Morant.  MU could not keep them from getting where they wanted to go.  Ja is going  to feast today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
I am where I was 4 days ago.   Ponds, Powell, Booth, and Akinjo are not as good as Morant.  MU could not keep them from getting where they wanted to go.  Ja is going  to feast today.

Man I wish we had Jimmy Butler shutting down Ja like he did Tu Holloway.  Sacar just isn't at that level.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »

Going to be a rough game. We don't really have anyone to stop him. Hoping for an MU win but prepared for the loss.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 10:47:51 AM »
My absolute biggest concern defending Ja is foul trouble. I see him getting the star treatment from the refs today
No Finish Line

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »
You would think Murray State is a 1 seed who is undefeated.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »

Ponfs did nothing against us in BE tournament
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 10:56:20 AM »
Ponfs did nothing against us in BE tournament
On the second day of back to back games.    And, Powell, Booth, and Akinjo?   And McClung, for that matter?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »
I am where I was four days ago also.  OVC conference vs BE.  Sub par opponents for them and not MU.
Let Morant go off for whatever, contain the others. 
A loss would be huge disappointment.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »
You would think Murray State is a 1 seed who is undefeated.

Agreed. Sad that people are expecting/prepared to lose in March

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 11:02:33 AM »
I am where I was four days ago also.  OVC conference vs BE.  Sub par opponents for them and not MU.
Let Morant go off for whatever, contain the others. 
A loss would be huge disappointment.

I agree with all of your arguments and fervently hope that your take is better than mine. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »

Are you expecting to go undefeated the rest of March?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 11:07:31 AM »

+ a sideways 8.  To a 12-seed no less.  By a top ten ranked team (when healthy) for Christ’s sake.

“Preparing for a loss” is tantamount to hoping that Markus is still injured.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
Reading this board all week I don’t get the impression many expect a L?
No Finish Line

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 11:11:43 AM »
On the second day of back to back games.    And, Powell, Booth, and Akinjo?   And McClung, for that matter?

Had Powell on lock down until the ref farce

We got this!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 11:15:27 AM »
I agree with all of your arguments and fervently hope that your take is better than mine.

Yes, I hope so.  The foul issue may ensue and this place will got berserk with the refs again though.
Sacar must, must not get there.  Wojo might put Bailey on Morant, but the guy is way too quick and will drive right past him. Maybe Cain would be more viable, we'll see. 

Another hope is that early on, Morant drives the the rim and Theo clobbers him and say get that crap out of here.

The OVC has no competition overall as the BE and the teams MSU has played and beat (exception Belmont, who was without best player) are pathetic.  This should be a win and if not, then again, a huge disappointment.

Wade-A-Minute

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:02 AM »
There are more than two players in this game. Which Hauser is their 6'5" forward going to guard? Match ups go both ways.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 12:34:57 PM »
+1000

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 01:10:31 PM »

I like your Honest opinion after 4days reflection.  I will be interested in your post game Self analysis of what things made you right or conversely what things made you wrong.  Thanks.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
Tower

As we get closer to game time, I think Sacar is going to have big, big time troubles today. I think it is going to take a very big team effort to pull it out this afternoon.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 01:17:39 PM »
I like your Honest opinion after 4days reflection.  I will be interested in your post game Self analysis of what things made you right or conversely what things made you wrong.  Thanks.
Gonna have to wait.  Watching the game on DVR.  Baseball practice during.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »
There are more than two players in this game. Which Hauser is their 6'5" forward going to guard? Match ups go both ways.

Their 6'5" wing is a very good defender. I'd question more which Hauser is the their 245 lb slow footed forward going to guard?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 01:33:53 PM »
Gonna have to wait.  Watching the game on DVR.  Baseball practice during.

Thanks for the Heads Up.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
Markus will get Ja into foul trouble early.  The rest is history.  Ring out ahoya!

feedback