Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A little research on Snaer  (Read 4743 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
A little research on Snaer
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »
As you guys may tell, I think picking up Snaer would be a program changer.  Here goes a little bit of updates from randoms and creditable sources.

1.  He is visiting UCLA this weekend and then Kansas on the weekend of Oct. 17. 
2.  Alot of UCLA fans have heard he is not that interested in UCLA.  Then again, this is UCLA fans talking, not reliable.
3.  While at Kansas, he will be attending the ring ceremony for the championship.  I don't know how a player wouldn't find that attractive.
4.  One reporter has speculated that Marquette might be the most appealing school of his five.  Marquette is a bigger program than Missouri and FSU and Marquette will be able to provide the five star alot of minutes that (rumor) that he wants as a freshmen (what five star doesn't want minutes as a freshmen).  Kansas peeps particularly said that he would not see much playing time with the talent that are coming down the pipes, but Snaer would be a good fit for the Self system.
5.  He said he would decide after the Kansas visit, so I guess by the end of the month.  GO MARQUETTE
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

TVDirector

• All American
Re: A little research on Snaer
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
point 4..
wasn't that also an assumption for Tyshawn T?

hopefully the rest is spot on.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »
Of course, there's also the rumor from a Missouri fan that he has eliminated FSU and Marquette, and is down to just Mizzou and UCLA with Kansas making a strong push.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
point 4..
wasn't that also an assumption for Tyshawn T?

hopefully the rest is spot on.
I honestly have no idea about the Snaer situation, but that probably was the assumption for Tyshawn Taylor, and the thing is that we got Tyshawn.  If TC was still the head coach at Marquette, TT is playing basketball here this coming year.  Snaer knows that Buzz will be the coach, and that isn't going to change.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »
Read that Snaer just finished his UCLA visit and then off to Kansas.  Also stated he is thinking about Memphis and Cal.  This a bad sign??  Maybe that is why all the Jamil Wilson talk and his decision to step up his commitment date. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
Read that Snaer just finished his UCLA visit and then off to Kansas.  Also stated he is thinking about Memphis and Cal.  This a bad sign??  Maybe that is why all the Jamil Wilson talk and his decision to step up his commitment date. 

That's nothing new, Snaer's been talking about additional visits the entire time.  When he only scheduled the initial three, people were reading too much into it.  He'd always talked about visiting UCLA, Kansas, Memphis and maybe Stanford and Cal.

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »
I agree that Snaer could be a program changer. The fact that MU has any kind of shot at him is encouraging. I wonder in the end how important the location factor will be? If it is, UCLA may have the upper hand. If getting away is a priority, we stand a decent shot. Although now that Kansas is in the mix . . . .

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
IMO, if all the BB programs are real good, then the deciding factor would be a coach I feel I have the best relationship with.  If not, wouldn't you always be looking back thinking maybe I should of went somewhere else?  Hence, I feel Marquette has a legit shot.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
If he goes on campus look and feel, I can't believe anyone can beat UCLA.  That said, UCLA and Kansas will have plenty of star players and he could be one of them - some in the same slot too.   I am hoping that he got a good feeling about Marquette, the staff, the kind of players we have and want, the value of the future team he'd join etc.  We have a chance until he commits - and a great chance if he commits to Marquette . . . so GO MARQUETTE!

Michael - we WANT you here. . .

mviale

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »
I think it would be quite poetic, if we snare snaer as a result of TT at Kansas.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259