[Today at 11:58:05 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Badgerhater
[Today at 11:48:54 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:43:15 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Whatever Happens Will Happen Quickly  (Read 2557 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Whatever Happens Will Happen Quickly
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
Now that Donovan is out at UK, they'll have a coach by Tuesday at the latest. Unless Barnhart is very incompetent, you have to think they were sitting on Donovan, and as soon as he rejected the offer, Plan B (or C, D, E) would have to go into effect immediately.

Should make for a fun Easter weekend.

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Whatever Happens Will Happen Quickly
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »
Now that Donovan is out at UK, they'll have a coach by Tuesday at the latest. Unless Barnhart is very incompetent, you have to think they were sitting on Donovan, and as soon as he rejected the offer, Plan B (or C, D, E) would have to go into effect immediately.

I can't think of many things that I would enjoy watching more than seeing those Kentucky fans have to settle for Plan E -- as long as it isn't Crean.  I read that ESPN is reporting that Barnes is the next option.  I've been reading all along that Barnes would not accept the job.  I have no idea if that's true or not, but I'd really get a kick out of seeing the Kentucky fans deal with a situation like Arkansas is having.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »
What are the KY blogs? Do I just go to Rivals and search for KY?

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:03:31 PM »
What are the KY blogs? Do I just go to Rivals and search for KY?

http://kentucky.rivals.com/

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:07:12 PM »
Like you said previously Still A Warrior, I want Crean to stay here, but I almost want to see him go to Kentucky just to see the meltdown their fan base would have. If you think their Rivals board melt down is bad now, I can't even imagine how bad it would be if Crean got the job.

The absolute funniest thing would be if Crean "pulled a Cremmins/Altman/Marshall" and accepted the UK job and then decided to go back to Marquette. I think the UK board would hit apocalyptic levels.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
Kentucky fans are idiots. They think that everyone should want to coach in that Podunk hick state. Crean is building is program slowly. If he wants the challenge he will go to Kentucky if he wants to continue to receive hero worship he will stay at MU. But things will move fast. This looks to be the same as the first time UNC had an opening and they took Doughty by default because they wanted to stay in the UNC family. Maybe Kentucky will do the same, considering they are run by uneducated rednecks.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
Kentucky fans are idiots. They think that everyone should want to coach in that Podunk hick state. Crean is building is program slowly. If he wants the challenge he will go to Kentucky if he wants to continue to receive hero worship he will stay at MU. But things will move fast. This looks to be the same as the first time UNC had an opening and they took Doughty by default because they wanted to stay in the UNC family. Maybe Kentucky will do the same, considering they are run by uneducated rednecks.

The hero worship on these message boards is just out of control.  :-\

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 03:16:54 PM »
When did I Worship Crean. I have said before that I think he is an awful game coach. How is that Hero Worship. Explain this to me so I can understand. I never said I do but lots of ignorant basketball fans treat Crean as if he is John Wooden. I believe in accountability. But any person that thinks Marquette should be competing for the National Title every year right now is deluding themselves.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

feedback