[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Comcast being... comcast  (Read 2427 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Comcast being... comcast
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/10/31/comcast-is-donating-heavily-to-defeat-the-mayor-who-is-bringing-gigabit-fiber-to-seattle/

It's nice to know that Comcast would rather spend money to continue providing its customers with an inferior product instead of investing that money in the inevitable new technology.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Comcast being... comcast
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »
The comments at the bottom seem to paint Mr. McGinn as an unlikeable chap that is probably going to lose because of decisions he has made on his own.  On the Comcast front, if I'm reading this correctly they donated $10K total in a war chest of $700k?  Seems awfully small. 

This is Seattle, if he is one of the nut clowns that came up with the idea not to use brown bag or some of the other PC garbage, I hope he loses.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
McGinn, McDermott, Murray, Cantwell are fellow travelers.

Death on call

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
This happened in my town a couple years ago.  Voters eventually approved the city to be able to develop a plan for the fiber (that we ALREADY had!). 

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-CenturyLink-Fail-to-Stop-Longmont-Fiber-116895

This year though, we're voting to allow a bond so that they can now fully deploy the fiber to every home.  I *hope* that goes through, I can't wait to dump Comcast. 

brandx

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:35:38 AM »
McGinn, McDermott, Murray, Cantwell are fellow travelers.

I don't know where you find the time to post this crap - what with all the Bircher meetings you have to attend.

I think you already got banned for your racist stuff - now you wanna start this?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »
I don't know where you find the time to post this crap - what with all the Bircher meetings you have to attend.

I think you already got banned for your racist stuff - now you wanna start this?

I have never posted any "racist stuff" in my life. I posted a picture of some TV character named Sandy Cohen. And if you think I'm a white guy you might be surprised.

Lighten up. You might actually enjoy life. I know I do.

Death on call

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »

Lighten up, Francis.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
Just agreeing that Comcast sucks...Boo Comcast, Boo.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
I have never posted any "racist stuff" in my life. I posted a picture of some TV character named Sandy Cohen. And if you think I'm a white guy you might be surprised.

Lighten up. You might actually enjoy life. I know I do.

You're a conservative, therefore you must be....that's the meme

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »
Lighten up, Francis.

Always love a Stripes reference.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »
You're a conservative, therefore you must be....that's the meme

The irony is that my family endured the single most outrageous act of Federal government-sponsored racial discrimination of the 20th Century. Yet we as a people have moved on. There is far greater grace and dignity in knowing and being what you are than in letting others dictate those terms.

I am amazed at how intolerant are those who try to frame the discussion on inclusion. Conformity means adhering to the weltanschauung they have defined.

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »
The irony is that my family endured the single most outrageous act of Federal government-sponsored racial discrimination of the 20th Century. Yet we as a people have moved on. There is far greater grace and dignity in knowing and being what you are than in letting others dictate those terms.

I am amazed at how intolerant are those who try to frame the discussion on inclusion. Conformity means adhering to the weltanschauung they have defined.

Yet I have tolerance for anyone from Tea Partiers to crazy left-wingers. I was just calling you out for calling up the same old tired stereotypes - and then pointing out how the other side is intolerant.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
Yet I have tolerance for anyone from Tea Partiers to crazy left-wingers. I was just calling you out for calling up the same old tired stereotypes - and then pointing out how the other side is intolerant.

Do you see humor in anything or is everything in your world a fervid crusade?

Relax, laugh at both the big and the small. I have seen mankind at his absolute worst so much of what constitutes a "crisis" in Middle America is just plain silly. The world is filled with hatred and indescribable cruelty.

A Comintern poster is silliness. A village annihilated because girls were being taught to read is tragic.

Death on call