[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 13794 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Breaking Bad
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
Anyone else watch this show and love it?  And also, I am through Season 3 and am trying to find a way to watch Season 4, any suggestions?

reinko

• All American
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Best show on TV.  If you disagree, you are an idiot.

spoiler alert below, do not read further if you haven't seen the show.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:27:52 PM by reinko »

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
Best show on TV.  If you disagree, you are an idiot.

Agree completely.

Check tvduck dot com.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »
Best show on TV.  If you disagree, you are an idiot.

+1

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
Breaking Bad and Dexter are as close to perfection as they come.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:49:18 PM by Freeport Warrior »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
Breaking Bad and Dexter are as close to perfection as they come. That Gus bomb scene from last season is etched in my memory. Have this on my work wall in remembrance: http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2011/10/13_gusmask.pdf

Just started The Wire and really enjoy that as well.

SPOILER ALERT
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:26:47 PM by reinko »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »
Breaking Bad and Dexter are as close to perfection as they come. That Gus bomb scene from last season is etched in my memory. Have this on my work wall in remembrance: http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2011/10/13_gusmask.pdf

Maybe I should spoil how season 1 ends for ya

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
Great show. Walter White is one of the greatest tv characters of all time.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
The U-Lok scene still haunts my dreams to this day. I will never look at a bike lock the same way again.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Best show on TV.  If you disagree, you are an idiot.

I LOVE The Walking Dead haven't gotten into watching Breaking Bad yet but if you havent watched The Walking Dead it is amazing.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
I LOVE The Walking Dead haven't gotten into watching Breaking Bad yet but if you havent watched The Walking Dead it is amazing.
Season 2.1 kinda sucked. I've read the comics and knew that it was coming and had to happen, but still. It was 7 stagnant episodes that just started dragging and resulting in me giving up on it. :-\

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »

seriously dude, unnatural carnal knowledge you.

also, Dexter took a crap dive after season 4.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
Season 2.1 kinda sucked. I've read the comics and knew that it was coming and had to happen, but still. It was 7 stagnant episodes that just started dragging and resulting in me giving up on it. :-\

I disagree I think it just keeps getting better and better.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »
loved breaking bad from the getgo.  still have the pilot on my dvr..., it's considerably better than the majority of feature films in theaters.  Almost tearful after the last episode. 
'Justified' was intense the first couple of seasons..., still good but hard to continue the pace.  Boardwalk Empire has become too slow. 
'Luck' never got off the ground with me.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »
Would others agree that Breaking Bad is a much darker show than the Sopranos? Two of the few shows I have seen the last 5-10 years. I'm just kind of amazed because the Sopranos had such a reputation for being a dark show.

The development of the Walter White character is sheer genius.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
I disagree I think it just keeps getting better and better.

I'm with klyrish, there were some farm episodes that flat out sucked.

Next run will be good with the jail.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »
REMOVED
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:15:00 PM by mosarsour »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
Best moment of The Wire: Stringer Bell getting taken out by Brother Mouzone and Omar.
Worst moment: Omar meeting his maker by the hands of 12 year old, Kenard in the final season.

That's for ruining Breaking Bad for those people that haven't seen the last season.

You are certainly welcome Defender of All Who Haven't Seen Last Season. Well played. My post was done without malice. Just sharing something cool I found. My bad. But this just leads me to getting off this board altogether. So much petty bs and overall douchery. Wish I could take it back, but I can't. Thankfully, you showed me.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
You are certainly welcome Defender of All Who Haven't Seen Last Season. Well played. My post was done without malice. Just sharing something cool I found. My bad. But this just leads me to getting off this board altogether. So much petty bs and overall douchery. Wish I could take it back, but I can't. Thankfully, you showed me.

You would think people might expect spoilers in a thread about a TV show. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
You would think people might expect spoilers in a thread about a TV show. 

No, and that is why there is general etiquette when discussing stuff like that on a forum.

You put "SPOILER ALERT" if you don't want anyone to read it.

furthermore, if some people say you ruined it for them, the reasonable thing to do would be to go back and edit your post so you don't continue ruining it for everyone else who shows up.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »
No, and that is why there is general etiquette when discussing stuff like that on a forum.

You put "SPOILER ALERT" if you don't want anyone to read it.

furthermore, if some people say you ruined it for them, the reasonable thing to do would be to go back and edit your post so you don't continue ruining it for everyone else who shows up.

It's a tv show that aired 8 months ago and you're on the internet reading a thread specifically relating to that show.  I'd say you should have known the risks.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 09:27:20 AM »
It's a tv show that aired 8 months ago and you're on the internet reading a thread specifically relating to that show.  I'd say you should have known the risks.

Oh so I guess we should just ruin every tv show then.  Since apparently you are the only one who has enough time to watch everything.

I came to the thread to see if there was news about it.  But thanks for deciding that it is my fault that I have a life and am only at the start of season four.

unnatural carnal knowledge you.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
Hards, where are you watching Season 4 from?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »
Hards, where are you watching Season 4 from?

planned to netflix it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Breaking Bad is a wonderful show, on the short list of all-time great non-network series.

A few others on my list (I hope I don't leave any out):

Six Feet Under, The Wire, Dexter, The Shield, The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Mad Men, Deadwood, The Larry Sanders Show, Damages.

I agree that 2.1 of The Walking Dead wasn't up to par with the earlier stuff, but it still was one of those rare shows that kept me on the edge of my seat, and I'm looking forward to next season.

I'm really digging Game of Thrones and Nurse Jackie so far. Thoroughly enjoyed first season of Homeland. Have high hopes for Veep; I've laughed a lot the first few episodes.

Guilty pleasure: Shameless (on Showtime). Often stupid, and usually foul for the sake of being foul ... but just as often extremely funny. Only Curb Your Enthusiasm has had as many laugh-out-loud moments during the two years Shameless has been on. William H. Macy is too funny.

Always watched Entourage, but it evolved into The Ari Show and lost a little of the camaraderie I liked. Seemed Vince and E were doing their thing and Turtle and Drama were off doing something else; meanwhile, Ari was going batcrap. Got back to its roots the second half of the last season, which was good.

I guess one could stretch the definition and also call Colbert, Stewart and Maher "cable series." If so, all would qualify for any best-of list.

Damn ... I watch too much TV! (But at least it's good TV!!)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson