[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: When Can We Expect That Pic...  (Read 8964 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
When Can We Expect That Pic...
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
of Hoopaloop and Chicos?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warriors10

• All American
Re: When Can We Expect That Pic...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »
Whenever Chicos buys a mirror.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Give 'em a little time, they're too consumed with celebrating the Marquette loss to worry about pictures right now.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
This is a real helpful thread.  Thanks.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:02:31 PM »
Over/under on # of buttcrack center parts in the pic?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »
Whenever Chicos buys a mirror.

Or a friend.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
of Hoopaloop and Chicos?

Not this time around.  He stayed in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl with his wife and some functions he had for work down there (beach bowl, SB parties and such).  Considering what I witnessed at the Joyce, he made the correct decision.  What an ugly second half display.

Then the day was topped off several hours later when IU beat Purdue.  Not a good Saturday for me. 

Quote from: Sultan of South Wayne

Or a friend.

You just can't help yourself, can you?  If his Facebook is any indication, he looks like he has an overload of friends.  That recent poll in the Super Bar, 50% don't want him back and 50% do or don't care.   Sounds like you love him or hate him.  My guess is most of you have never met him.  My wife and I spent some time with his family when we went out to Disneyland.  Nice family, great MU fan.  Personalities on the internet don't always come through that great, yours included Sultan.  I, however, will give you the benefit of the doubt.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
You even preach like Chicos.  Hmmmm.....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:02 PM »
Not this time around.  He stayed in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl with his wife and some functions he had for work down there (beach bowl, SB parties and such).  Considering what I witnessed at the Joyce, he made the correct decision.  What an ugly second half display.

Then the day was topped off several hours later when IU beat Purdue.  Not a good Saturday for me. 

You just can't help yourself, can you?  If his Facebook is any indication, he looks like he has an overload of friends.  That recent poll in the Super Bar, 50% don't want him back and 50% do or don't care.   Sounds like you love him or hate him.  My guess is most of you have never met him.  My wife and I spent some time with his family when we went out to Disneyland.  Nice family, great MU fan.  Personalities on the internet don't always come through that great, yours included Sultan.  I, however, will give you the benefit of the doubt.

if his facebook is any indication, your buddy is channeling his inner I4 with all the name drops and party drops.   ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »

That recent poll in the Super Bar, 50% don't want him back and 50% do or don't care.   Sounds like you love him or hate him. 

A technically factual statement that gives a deliberately false impression. Congratulations. Somewhere your mentor must be smiling.

LON

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 07:40:54 AM »
You even preach like Chicos.  Hmmmm.....

All that is missing is one of these:  <sigh>

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »
My initial post after Chico's bannination was to point out that he was only part of the problem...that there were a handful of posters on this board who seemed intent to constantly pick fights with him.  The fact that  nearly seven months later he's still mentioned in many threads, we have entire threads created to discuss him and posters who take unpopular positions are frequently accused of being him just supports my initial opinion that some of the people who apparently were (are) obsessed with Chicos were a large part of the problem.

I guess since we still have threads arguing over a coach who's been gone for 4 years, I shouldn't be surprised that we still have threads about Chicos.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »
My initial post after Chico's bannination was to point out that he was only part of the problem...that there were a handful of posters on this board who seemed intent to constantly pick fights with him.  The fact that  nearly seven months later he's still mentioned in many threads, we have entire threads created to discuss him and posters who take unpopular positions are frequently accused of being him just supports my initial opinion that some of the people who apparently were (are) obsessed with Chicos were a large part of the problem.

I guess since we still have threads arguing over a coach who's been gone for 4 years, I shouldn't be surprised that we still have threads about Chicos.
Could it be that chicos had 20,000 or so posts?  Could it be that chicos actually started many of those fights?  Could it be people really go irritated with his constant cr@pping in a thread and denegrating it?  Maybe those are the answers to your comment.  I think chicos is similar to murff in many regards, and I do not mean that complimentary.

I liked chicos early on.  He really morphed into a bit of an @ss, much like murff.  He had a lot to offer, but it got lost with all the other stuff he did.  Unfortunate.  That said, I would welcome him back (but hope he would lose some of the behavior that got him banned).

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »

People are still mentioning him because it is plain as day that Hoopaloop IS Chicos and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a couple other sign on names, as well. The whole Hoopaloop this is beyond bizarre with the entire Purdue fan/friend of Chicos persona he's adopted. It's pathological, really.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »
Could it be that chicos had 20,000 or so posts?  Could it be that chicos actually started many of those fights?  Could it be people really go irritated with his constant cr@pping in a thread and denegrating it?  Maybe those are the answers to your comment.  I think chicos is similar to murff in many regards, and I do not mean that complimentary.

I liked chicos early on.  He really morphed into a bit of an @ss, much like murff.  He had a lot to offer, but it got lost with all the other stuff he did.  Unfortunate.  That said, I would welcome him back (but hope he would lose some of the behavior that got him banned).

Honestly, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and I've never said otherwise.  My point has always been that as much of a pain in the ass as Chico's was sometimes (often?  always?), there was a handful of posters on this board who seemed determined to antagonize him at every turn (and he was an idiot to constantly take the bait -- and I've told him that).  He's gone.  They're still here.  And they're still spending a surprising amount of time talking about a poster who's been gone for seven months.  Oh, and they have new targets now.

As much of a pain as Chico's was, I think that the last seven months confirm that he was only half of the problem.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »
Honestly, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and I've never said otherwise.  My point has always been that as much of a pain in the ass as Chico's was sometimes (often?  always?), there was a handful of posters on this board who seemed determined to antagonize him at every turn (and he was an idiot to constantly take the bait -- and I've told him that).  He's gone.  They're still here.  And they're still spending a surprising amount of time talking about a poster who's been gone for seven months.  Oh, and they have new targets now.

As much of a pain as Chico's was, I think that the last seven months confirm that he was only half of the problem.

this
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
What I wouldn't do for a 1984-style Memory Hole right now.

Come on, people.  Dig deep and move on.  You've got a MU education, I know you can do it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:28:02 AM by mu_hilltopper »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
post removed
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:31:35 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »

It is one poster...who sounds just like the guy.

And if Chicos was only half the problem, why was he banned?  Why not the other half?

Gimme a break...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
post removed

Must be those darn ghosts in the machine again.

(Kidding .... please don't ban me)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

It is one poster...who sounds just like the guy.

And if Chicos was only half the problem, why was he banned?  Why not the other half?

Gimme a break...

Well now, you've raised an interesting question.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 01:00:41 PM »
Hi-jacking threads continuously and being that thorn who repeatedly brings up any chinks in the MU armor, while trumpeting the victories of the departed head coach (regardless of how trivial they are) was beyond annoying.  Hoopaloop/Chicos are akin to Muggsy/Murff on the Scout board.... it's all about their agendas, and I am glad 1/2 (ok one screen name) has been banished.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 02:33:04 PM »
Must be those darn ghosts in the machine again.

(Kidding .... please don't ban me)

Well played.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
(he edited it himself, fyi.)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »
A technically factual statement that gives a deliberately false impression. Congratulations. Somewhere your mentor must be smiling.

My mentor is my father, not sure what he has to do with this thread.  It was a factual statement that gave no false impression.  Anyone taking a 64 vote sample seriously for a message board by nearly 6,500 members has their own foibles.  ;)
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636