collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twins trade Gomez to Brewers for JJ Hardy  (Read 12930 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Re: Twins trade Gomez to Brewers for JJ Hardy
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
more probably.

JJ Hardy has had more than one good year.  I don't understand why everyone thinks he is a bad player.  Does he have his faults?  Yes.  Is he worth more than what the Brewers got for him?  Absolutely.

Melvin mismanaged the whole situation and basically forced himself to have to get rid of JJ this off season.  I would have thought that Melvin would have been smart enough to maximize his value by packaging him for a decent player that can actually help us this year.  Gomez is a few years away and if we are going to wait that long, I thought Cain was our future cf.  I know he was hurt and is a year or two away but that is where Gwynn would have been helpful.  A cheap no-hitting centerfielder similar, albeit need as good defensively, to Gomez.

I hope Melvin doesn't overspend on 2 #3/4 FA pitchers that will bury us for the next 4 years.  You would think Melvin would finally learn that if you are going to spend big money on players, spend it on big time players and not average ones.   

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Twins trade Gomez to Brewers for JJ Hardy
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »
but the problem is, I don't want a player on my team that I can only like half the time.

The Brewers shouldn't resign Jason Kendall for the very same reason.

You're right, that's a problem.

I'm not saying this is a great deal for the Brewers (on it's own), I'm just saying that Gomez is a special defender, and you will enjoy watching him play the field.