[Today at 08:51:31 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 193861 times)

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2018, 12:25:25 PM »
Any idea how many total rows there are in most sections of the uppers, compared to the BC?? obviously less, but how much less??
You can see the rows on each section in the bucks seat selection process.

https://bucksportal.io-media.com/event-list-buy/3732

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
I guess I do remember that question, but...as I asked before Nielsen, and you should know, why are aisles more only in those sections, and not every section in the upper bowl?? That seems weird to me

I'm not sure on that answer, but I can find out for you.

My guess is the section that have aisle seat upgrade pricing are sections that have had higher % of season ticket holders in them and they are thinking might be higher in demand to be in that section.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
Any idea how many total rows there are in most sections of the uppers, compared to the BC?? obviously less, but how much less??
Bradley Center had upper decks with most sections about 25 rows. The center court upper deck in the new arena is about 10 rows.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
So with the changing tax laws, will we again get to pick our specific seats in the lower bowl?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2018, 12:46:31 PM »
So the two clubs will be an interesting sell.  The old Courtside Club was divided into two rooms.  Paupers like chick and I were in the 'Rhombus of Mediocrity' (her artful term) while the high rollers were in the Marquette Room, the door to which Joe True guarded with an AR-15 (kidding, Joe's actually a very good man.)  But the key similarity was that ALL members of both tiers got to experience the team pre-game.  That won't be the case going forward. 

I think MU will be very hard pressed to sell the benefits of the Mezz Club at $4,000.  I mean, how cold can the beer be, right?  Plus most folks probably won't be in a position to 'upgrade' to the new Marquette Room at $12,000.  I know we won't.

All that said, no complaints.  They tried to offer a variety of seating choices and a wider price variety.  Seems good to me.  What I was most worried about was that MU was going to price season tickets out of the market given the realities of the secondary market.  They haven't done that.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »
So, if you sat in the center court of the lower bowl higher in the letters of the BC. The cost was $620 + $700=$1320.
Now, in the new arena in sections 116, 117, 118, 107, 106 & 105 the cost is $660 + $ $440 + $1,100.  ;D
-Bill Walton

augoman

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
Glow, many of my contemporary STH are already debating the success of the current team vs the cost of the tickets vs the quality of the matchups we have at home.  As little as I am in town in the winter months it becomes hard to justify the cost of the 'weeknight-bunny games' we have to eat.  Any price increase without significant accomplishment would be the harbinger of falling STH numbers. 

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »
Yeah those are going to be quite competitive I think. I wonder if the didn't release the mid-level vs top-level rows to be able to move them up or down based on demand. The old baseline and behind the backboard floor seats (who must move) were $980, so they fit nicely into that price-level patron as well.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »
So with the changing tax laws, will we again get to pick our specific seats in the lower bowl?
Nope.  Just had an e-mail response from Brian Morgan, AAD Ticket Sales in which he says the process will remain the same to protect the donation portion of the ticket cost from being taxed.  Apparently, MU still has its issue with the State of Wisconsin regardless of the donation no longer being deductible for STHs for Federal tax purposes.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
So, if you sat in the center court of the lower bowl higher in the letters of the BC. The cost was $620 + $700=$1320.
Now, in the new arena in sections 116, 117, 118, 107, 106 & 105 the cost is $660 + $ $440 + $1,100.  ;D

True as I said.  But because of increased lower bowl inventory, those $1100 seats are big price increases for the Uppers moving down (where there is less inventory). Guru's Nightmare will be his reality with folks moving or staying upstairs.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
Nope.  Just had an e-mail response from Brian Morgan, AAD Ticket Sales in which he says the process will remain the same to protect the donation portion of the ticket cost from being taxed.  Apparently, MU still has its issue with the State of Wisconsin regardless of the donation no longer being deductible for STHs for Federal tax purposes.

Yet we can pay for an aisle seat and the Royalty can pick their premium seats in their private appointments?  And yet the deduction goes puff?  I think that is a WIP.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
Glow, many of my contemporary STH are already debating the success of the current team vs the cost of the tickets vs the quality of the matchups we have at home.  As little as I am in town in the winter months it becomes hard to justify the cost of the 'weeknight-bunny games' we have to eat.  Any price increase without significant accomplishment would be the harbinger of falling STH numbers.

I don't think we're disagreeing.  Trust me.  It's painful to know what we pay for our STs as we're driving up to catch a typical Tuesday non-con while my son is in the backseat (when he's home in Chicago) getting something lined up on his phone for $5.  But I don't think one can accurately say that the package of 18 games is inferior these days.  Every conference game is a barn burner and the non-con slate is at least as good as it has always been.  Furthermore, I acknowledge that we pay a premium to be in our world class seats.  The guy with the 'get me in the door' app doesn't get our seats, ever. 

I'm simply saying that MU could have easily crossed the threshold and have penalized their most loyal (and deserving) fans to the point where one would have to be a fool to continue as a STH.  I don't think they did that.  And so we don't need to have a 'Honey, we need to talk' conversation over dinner tonight.  Notice that chick and I talk about important stuff at dinner!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
True as I said.  But because of increased lower bowl inventory, those $1100 seats are big price increases for the Uppers moving down (where there is less inventory). Guru's Nightmare will be his reality with folks moving or staying upstairs.
Not sure I would say less inventory is the upper deck. The new arena will still have around 6,000 in the upper deck. More than enough seats that housed season ticket folks in the upper deck in the BC.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
Not sure I would say less inventory is the upper deck. The new arena will still have around 6,000 in the upper deck. More than enough seats that housed season ticket folks in the upper deck in the BC.

Supply:  I think the BC has 8000 in the Upper.

Demand:  2000 student seats are moving down.  So maybe that's a wash but those displaced in the Lowers behind the backet will be dispersed.  Many will/could go Upper.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »

Demand:  2000 student seats are moving down.  So maybe that's a wash but those displaced in the Lowers behind the backet will be dispersed.  Many will/could go Upper.

There is no doubting that there will be a "middle class" squeeze for BC denizens who sat in the middle, lower rows in the upper deck....but I think some of those folks might have upgraded to lower bowl anyway. Additionally, some of those folks might have had the club membership previously and might forgo that cost so they can move to the lower bowl. Lastly, with the students going downstairs the upper bowl folks can spread out in the upper bowl and while maybe not middle seats I'm betting with a lower price point and better visibility the corners and end zones won't be a bad pill to swallow by those displaced from the middle uppers.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »
Quick follow up, it is actually about state sales tax.  So, the re-seating process is remaining the same because of that.  So, a ticket for $1,000 would incur an extra cost of $50 to go back to the old method of being able to select specific seats.  Preferred courtside seats at $10,000 would have a sales tax of $500.  I would ante up the marginal $$ to be able to pick our seats.

muct07

• Walk-On
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2018, 02:15:34 PM »
So, for a recent grad to sit in sections 214-216 it costs $150 per ticket and to sit in the mirror sections (228,201-202) not as a recent alum it costs $125 a ticket?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
Quick follow up, it is actually about state sales tax.  So, the re-seating process is remaining the same because of that.  So, a ticket for $1,000 would incur an extra cost of $50 to go back to the old method of being able to select specific seats.  Preferred courtside seats at $10,000 would have a sales tax of $500.  I would ante up the marginal $$ to be able to pick our seats.

Thanks!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »

Sorry, I'm not be picky. So, don't take it that way.  ;) The upper deck at the BC was 11,000 seats. I don't think many behind the basket seats are or will be dispersed as 1,300 students will be moving downstairs.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
So, for a recent grad to sit in sections 214-216 it costs $150 per ticket and to sit in the mirror sections (228,201-202) not as a recent alum it costs $125 a ticket?
228,201 & 202 (recent grads) is a better location, than 214, 215 & 216.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »
Sorry, I'm not be picky. So, don't take it that way.  ;) The upper deck at the BC was 11,000 seats. I don't think many behind the basket seats are or will be dispersed as 1,300 students will be moving downstairs.

No problem. I couldn't find the number at the BC but 11K is a lot to fit into 6k they value price range.  I remember know that they cut the students in the Uppers from about 2k to 1300.  Inventory will be tight upstairs.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »
No problem. I couldn't find the number at the BC but 11K is a lot to fit into 6k they value price range.  I remember know that they cut the students in the Uppers from about 2k to 1300.  Inventory will be tight upstairs.

Yes. But look at last years STH #'s. 11,000 something I thought it was?

And the lower bowl was always full upper bowl was at times 75%-99% full.
More often than not the upper bowl was 50% full at best.

The times where it was 75-99% full I suspect was a LOT of single game tickets purchased for big games such as nova, senior day etc.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
The Bradley Center student section in the lower bowl sat around 1,700. MU sells about 3,200 student season tickets. The new arena will have around 2,900 for the student section.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
I was going to answer your question...

Why should I HAVE to pay more for an aisle seat??

But someone else had already answered it...

There is value, GREAT value

Hope that helps  :)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback