[Today at 10:46:19 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Viper
[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chartouny to MU  (Read 23519 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Chartouny to MU
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 01:01:45 AM »
Stretch

I know about as much about his talent level as you do. Never know how good someone is until they get together with the guys. On paper, no reason not to be happy about the addition. We did not have a PG twelve hours ago, and now an accomplished, veteran PG.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 02:29:15 AM »
Vive Chartouny! Vive Marquette!

Ahh!  So he is fellow Quebecois!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2018, 02:44:40 AM »
Well done to Wojo and staff.

We finally will get to see what this thing can do with all the pieces.

Experience - check.
Shooters - check.
Get to the rack - check.
Distribution - check.
Size - check.
Athleticism - check.
Perimeter D - check.
Interior D - check.

I am very excited for next season. But hopefully we can all agree that the resulting product we see on the floor will be solely a function of Wojo's ability to put the pieces together rather than the lack of any particular component.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:46:39 AM by 1SE »
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
let’s settle down a little...

Why?

After last year, we know what we needed and Coach Wojo went out and got it. No bridesmaids here, like we were a couple of years ago on the grad transfer market. We're the bride and we beat out Loserville.

Ironic that we were in exactly the opposite situation a couple of years ago. My guess is Joseph knew we were ready to compete now at a high level. Loserville was not.

As to next year, yes I'm excited. If Wojo really can coach, we're going uptown in a big way.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2018, 06:58:18 AM »
THIS is exactly the type of player MU needs to turn the corner, he’s spectacular on defense which is what everyone else is bad at. There needs to be more balance with offense and defense and this is a huge step in the right direction.
Hmmmmm....Spectacular on defense? What analyst source provided that?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2018, 07:07:16 AM »
Well done to Wojo and staff.

We finally will get to see what this thing can do with all the pieces.

Experience - check.
Shooters - check.
Get to the rack - check.
Distribution - check.
Size - check.
Athleticism - check.
Perimeter D - check.
Interior D - check.

I am very excited for next season. But hopefully we can all agree that the resulting product we see on the floor will be solely a function of Wojo's ability to put the pieces together rather than the lack of any particular component.

Ultimately, every coach has to be judged by his team's performance.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2018, 07:10:54 AM »
Awesome job - getting the best available PG who can play next year.

Now get another transfer or freshman PG. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »
Haha i have been walleye fishing the last two days and missed this all!!! Incredible news!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »

ESPN said “great”, which is a synonym of “spectacular”.

PG Joseph Chartouny, 6'3", Fordham: kenpom / espn Chartouny is a big PG that competed in the A-10 with less than stellar advanced numbers but an impressive raw statline (12.2 ppg/5.6 rpg/4.6 apg). He's a great defender that has been among the national leaders in steals each of the past two seasons. The hope would be that he would improve his efficiency if he had better surrounding talent. His shooting stats took a dip last year, but that could be because Fordham lost their three best players from 2017, two of which left as grad transfers: Christian Sengfelder to Boise State and Antwoine Anderson to UConn.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »
I'm curious to see how JC's shot improves after he's worked a summer with Brett Nelson.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
Haha i have been walleye fishing the last two days and missed this all!!! Incredible news!!
  Superbar.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32556.msg1007514#msg1007514

Catch anything decent?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »

....leading the NCAA in steals and steal% two years in a row isn't good enough for you?

Well if it's not, according to Auburnmufan, he is the number one defensive value add player that was available on the Marquette this year.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
If he can score 3 points, we'll have another 1,000 pointer.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
....leading the NCAA in steals and steal% two years in a row isn't good enough for you?

Well if it's not, according to Auburnmufan, he is the number one defensive value add player that was available on the Marquette this year.
Now that's an autocorrect I can live with! (unless it wasn't an autocorrect, but rather a bad pun)

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »
Nothing on Journal site or ESPN....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »
Nothing on Journal site or ESPN....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/04/20/marquette-lands-graduate-transfer-guard-joseph-chartouny-fordham/537793002/

And ESPN hasn't done a story for any grad transfer commitments from what I can see. They are almost entirely focused on the draft.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
Wow, he looks a lot like Divincenzo.

Audible chuckle 👏

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »
Why?

After last year, we know what we needed and Coach Wojo went out and got it. No bridesmaids here, like we were a couple of years ago on the grad transfer market. We're the bride and we beat out Loserville.

Ironic that we were in exactly the opposite situation a couple of years ago. My guess is Joseph knew we were ready to compete now at a high level. Loserville was not.

As to next year, yes I'm excited. If Wojo really can coach, we're going uptown in a big way.

Agree on all fronts.  Additionally what will be interesting to see is what Loserville’s off court reputation will have on it’s on court fortunes going forward.  As in, how much will kids simply not want to be known or seen as a Louisville player/grad?? Even moreso if/when they get additional penalties, i belive they should get the death penalty.  How much did kids not wanting to say they played for SMU affect SMUs fortunes 5-10-15-20 years after the fact?
F ‘em!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
Exciting news.  JC is what the doctor ordered.  When will he be on campus?

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/04/20/marquette-lands-graduate-transfer-guard-joseph-chartouny-fordham/537793002/

And ESPN hasn't done a story for any grad transfer commitments from what I can see. They are almost entirely focused on the draft.
Thanks for the update.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 04:11:03 PM »
ESPN said “great”, which is a synonym of “spectacular”.

PG Joseph Chartouny, 6'3", Fordham: kenpom / espn Chartouny is a big PG that competed in the A-10 with less than stellar advanced numbers but an impressive raw statline (12.2 ppg/5.6 rpg/4.6 apg). He's a great defender that has been among the national leaders in steals each of the past two seasons. The hope would be that he would improve his efficiency if he had better surrounding talent. His shooting stats took a dip last year, but that could be because Fordham lost their three best players from 2017, two of which left as grad transfers: Christian Sengfelder to Boise State and Antwoine Anderson to UConn.
OK. Now we need to hear from those that say that ESPN's analysis is poor. Have seen that many times here when posting about ESPN recruit rankings. As many know, ESPN is not infallible.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »
OK. Now we need to hear from those that say that ESPN's analysis is poor. Have seen that many times here when posting about ESPN recruit rankings. As many know, ESPN is not infallible.

Every outlet can be fallible. The reality is Chartouny will probably be similar to other grad transfers we've had in the past. Lockett, Carlino, and Reinhardt all took a lot of flack early on for not delivering what fans promised. They didn't score enough, or shot too much, or whatever other complaints we had. By December all three started to show why they were valuable pieces of the puzzle and by the end of conference play there were unquestionably games we won because of their presence.

I'm not sure why this is the cycle. Maybe they tend to push too much early as they figure out their role in the system. Maybe as seniors they feel they need to lead immediately rather than easing in. I don't know. But I'd guess that come mid-November there will be plenty of people complaining about Chartouny and by February we'll be grateful he came on board.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2018, 04:44:14 PM »
While not overly athletic Chartouny has a rep as a top-notch defender.  If he brings that to the table and some playmaking ability that's that is needed.  My guess is his offense will improve steadily as the season progresses. 

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2018, 05:26:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/BradCav2/status/987438782952738816?s=20

I read this and the question that immediately popped into my mind was: Who the hell is Brad Cavallaro?

So I googled him. He contributes to something called Busting Brackets, and here is his profile:

I am a huge college basketball fan who religiously follows the sport at a national level. I recently graduated from Providence College and I am currently pursuing my MBA at Bryant University.

In other words, he's the same as most Scoopers. He's an ardent fan who likes to give his opinion. Except he's not as experienced an observer as most of us.

I'm not dismissing him, but his opinion on JC or any other subject is no better than mine or yours or anybody else's.

Having said that, from what I know JC and the rest of our roster, I would agree with those who believe MU should be a ranked team and a legit Big East contender now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback