[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Howard  (Read 32219 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Howard
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »
It's early April, how many grad transfers are to still come?  I think the list is far from being done.

Maybe so, but there are plenty of good one's out there right now that he should be all over already...with Grad transfers(especially bigs), you can't wait around. Especially since MU likely won't be in the tourney again next year and that's what a lot of grad transfers are looking for even more than playing time. So Wojo is going to have to work harder to get one...which means he has to put in more time.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
Now 100% in crystal balls for Markus Howard. Will sting if it isn't MU when he announces

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2016, 11:05:50 AM »
Now 100% in crystal balls for Markus Howard. Will sting if it isn't MU when he announces

I mean, sure, Marquette's on the cusp of back-to-back top 20 classes, but obviously Wojo can't recruit because it's already April 3 and he hasn't landed a graduate transfer yet.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
How old is Markus?   If he is the age of a HS Junior does that concern anyone for his short term contributions? 

I guess for 2016-2017 I am banking on learning to play small ball (4 out - 1 in), maturation of all returners & Rowsley.   

All otter contributions would be gravy. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
Has there ever been a 100% that was wrong

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2016, 11:17:12 AM »
How old is Markus?   If he is the age of a HS Junior does that concern anyone for his short term contributions? 

I guess for 2016-2017 I am banking on learning to play small ball (4 out - 1 in), maturation of all returners & Rowsley.   

Could be wrong but I believe the week of the home Nova game he had just turned 17.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2016, 11:19:36 AM »

According to this, he turned 17 last month.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/markus-howard

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2016, 11:21:25 AM »
I find it very curious that as of yet we have seen no mention of MU being involved with any grad transfer bi gs. You'd have thought by now, SOMETHING would have leaked. I know they have made contact with Kat in Reinhardt but he's a Guard. If Woo can't/doesn't get a REALLY GOOD PF grad transfer in here then he is definitely struggling with recruiting. To me, by now, there should have been a parade of offers/visits lined up by grad transfer bi gs...but we haven't heard a peep. Is Woo even pursuing anyone?? Or does he think "we'll get by next year", because if he does...There's something seriously wrong. Because of the connections...Savina Goodman seemed/seems like a very logical get, yet there's been nothing on that front. That's just to name one, there are several others that his focus should be on as well. You can't drag your feet on these guys...or they will be gone. You absolutely have to zero in on your one or two guys you want and pounce...ASAP.

At least somebody agrees,  Howard and Hauser, add Rowsey are all nice recruits, add Bailey even better.  But you can not add Bailey because he is not available to 2018.  To me he is just a verbal commitment, no one knows for sure he will be coming here.   Just hope Stan Johnson is here then, and that is no guarantee.  Normally
most people would say it was good recruiting year and it is, but looking at the roster right now, there is 1 big hole, even if Henry came back (in Florida, working out) MU was short a big.  Wojo so far, has not filled that slot. 

Good luck today, hope for the best.  Not sure the talent is there to make the tournament, but I will never forget, when MU was short a strong forward, and out of nowhere came Bob Lackey.  Anything can still happen, lots of time till fall.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2016, 11:21:32 AM »
What time is the announcement?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
I relish the idea of a Marquette team with great shooters.  Too many years we had great athletes who were lousy shooters.  Next season should prove to be different in a "lights out" way.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »
The midgets 2.0
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
Lackey was a junior college transfer.  We don't seem to really want to get any jc transfers.  I would also guess all the top jc players are committed.  I think either a grad transfer or a 2 or 3 star highschool player would have to do.  I am afraid our 4 will either be JJJ or Cohen.  Luke will have to average 12 or more rebounds. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »
Black Swans Matter, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »
What time is the announcement?
Whenever he tweets the video his brother made.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
Maybe the kid will grow an inch or two.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »

Cliff Alexander. 

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2016, 11:52:37 AM »
Lackey was a junior college transfer.  We don't seem to really want to get any jc transfers.  I would also guess all the top jc players are committed.  I think either a grad transfer or a 2 or 3 star highschool player would have to do.  I am afraid our 4 will either be JJJ or Cohen.  Luke will have to average 12 or more rebounds.

I really did not care where he came from back then, or do I care where they come from today.  Findlay Prep, is that really a school, or a basketball factory,  That might
be worse then a JC.  As long as the person, is a good person, and stays out of trouble.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2016, 11:54:26 AM »
Not fur sure on 100%, but #5 was thought ta be goin' ta Durham 'til da old Bruin cap appeared, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2016, 11:56:25 AM »
I really did not care where he came from back then, or do I care where they come from today.  Findlay Prep, is that really a school, or a basketball factory,  That might
be worse then a JC.  As long as the person, is a good person, and stays out of trouble.

They have a school that accompanies it. He goes to class at Henderson NV, is a 4.0 student and appears to be on track to graduate in 3 years. Let's not start this.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
Agree w/Hoopster. Not saying Howard isn't good, but we have a glut of wings as it is -- including a near-Howard clone in Rowsey (how many sub 5'10" types do we need?). Hopefully, Wojo will address our frontcourt problem, b/c I'm not looking forward to seeing Cohen, Hauser and JJ rotate at the 4.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »
I find it very curious that as of yet we have seen no mention of MU being involved with any grad transfer bigs. You'd have thought by now, SOMETHING would have leaked. I know they have made contact with Katin Reinhardt but he's a Guard. If Wojo can't/doesn't get a REALLY GOOD PF grad transfer in here then he is definitely struggling with recruiting. To me, by now, there should have been a parade of offers/visits lined up by grad transfer bigs...but we haven't heard a peep. Is Wojo even pursuing anyone?? Or does he think "we'll get by next year", because if he does...There's something seriously wrong. Because of the connections...Savon Goodman seemed/seems like a very logical get, yet there's been nothing on that front. That's just to name one, there are several others that his focus should be on as well. You can't drag your feet on these guys...or they will be gone. You absolutely have to zero in on your one or two guys you want and pounce...ASAP.

Can you believe how much Jay Wright struggles on the recruiting front? I mean, it's been FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS (and basically since they were playing 4 guard sets with the Foy/Ray team) where Jay Wright has had ONE GLARING NEED and he has FAILED to address that. Landing a REALLY GOOD power forward is SO EASY when you are stacked at every other position. With such a clear struggle at the most important aspect of a college basketball coach, how is Jay Wright's seat not FLAMING HOT every year?!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »
Agree w/Hoopster. Not saying Howard isn't good, but we have a glut of wings as it is -- including a near-Howard clone in Rowsey (how many sub 5'10" types do we need?). Hopefully, Wojo will address our frontcourt problem, b/c I'm not looking forward to seeing Cohen, Hauser and JJ rotate at the 4.

How many sub 5'10" types do we need? None. How many do we want? If they're as good as Rowsey and Howard, I'll take like 5 of them on my team.

How have you liked watching Nova rotate Jenkins, Hart, and Bridges at the 4 the last 3 weeks?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »

Yep. The cristal bowel is stupid.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Cliff Alexander.

Kansas was 64%. Enless I'm reading it wrong

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »
Here's an example.. Kevin Dorsey. All the children on 247 picked Maryland. Went to Minnesota.

I rarely see what cristal bowel %'s are, because I don't care about a marketing tool... but, was familiar with Dorsey because people in Minnesota talked about the cristal bowel a lot...

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kevin-Dorsey-at-Paul-VI-Catholic-44874/CurrentExpertPredictions
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.