* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I was wrong  (Read 9864 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: I was wrong
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2024, 02:01:31 PM »
Whatever Shaka said at half was a masterclass. We came out sharp and everything we ran worked flawless(plus actually making shots)

I do still have no idea why he stopped the pick n roll once we built the lead. Foot on gas.

I find it hard to believe TK and Oso went rogue and stopped it themselves
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2024, 02:02:20 PM »
I’m happy we won but concerned about the lack of execution down the stretch.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2024, 02:02:44 PM »
Three straight one point wins over SJU.  I wonder what the record for something like that is.

Having a seven point lead and then failing to score again is not a good recipe for success but we’ll take it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2024, 02:03:51 PM »
Whatever Shaka said at half was a masterclass. We came out sharp and everything we ran worked flawless(plus actually making shots)

I said to my text-chain group that I hoped Shaka would set up a 3 for Kam or Jop on the first play of the second half, send a message to them that he believes in them. A few seconds later, Joplin was draining a 3. Obviously it looks 100 times better because the shot went in, but that's just good coaching.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2024, 02:04:16 PM »
I’ll take this win seven days a week. There are a lot of negative folks on scoop and time will tell if they know ball or not. Lot is basketball yet to be played before March but I think this is a win that will age well.

🔥
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2024, 02:04:45 PM »

I do still have no idea why he stopped the pick n roll once we built the lead. Foot on gas.

I find it hard to believe TK and Oso went rogue and stopped it themselves

Not the first time this season. They’ve been great in the first four minutes of the 2H more often than not. The opposite of Wojo. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2024, 02:04:54 PM »
Beating an unranked team by a single point is a "great" win?

Any road conference win is a good win. Who cares how many points you win by?  Your life must suck.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2024, 02:05:13 PM »
I said to my text-chain group that I hoped Shaka would set up a 3 for Kam or Jop on the first play of the second half, send a message to them that he believes in them. A few seconds later, Joplin was draining a 3. Obviously it looks 100 times better because the shot went in, but that's just good coaching.

Meat Eaters?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2024, 02:06:01 PM »
Meat Eaters?

Well, we did go to Carson's before the ND game.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2024, 02:06:24 PM »
Any road conference win is a good win. Who cares how many points you win by?  Your life must suck.

Especially since we were 1.5 pts dogs. Road wins ATS are gold.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

nyg

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2024, 02:07:06 PM »
Dodds argued with me that Stevie was at his best only playing 25 minutes a game.  He may have been right.  Zaide played 16.  Tre, 2.  TKo 39 and Stevie 36.   Yeah, fatigue may have been a factor down the stretch.  Hurry back, Chase.

Just saw that in boxscore.

Lowery played 16 minutes, had five points, an assist and steal and was almost team leader in rebounds with five (off by one).  More time for him please to see what he can do.  Norman another story, but starters need a few more minute breaks, like coincide them with TV timeouts like Shaka does with Oso at 12 minute TV timeout. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2024, 02:07:20 PM »
Sultan

There definitely are a lot of differing opinions on how the game is played. Have to say that sometimes I am completely at loss reading some of the posts. I do find it interesting, and a positive, that the usual negative posters take the time to watch the game and post.

bias
Not sure I ever said the UCLA win would age well, but do remember saying I would not want to see them in March. I’ll take your word that I said that win would age well. Obviously that was really fxxkin incorrect.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2024, 02:10:51 PM »
Three straight one point wins over SJU.  I wonder what the record for something like that is.

Actually, we beat St. John's 96-94 to close out the 2022-23 regular season and then beat them 72-70 in the BET opener. So really 3 straight one-possession wins over SJU, but I get your point.

Last season, a best-in-the-BE Marquette team twice went to the wire to beat a St. John's team that isn't as good as this one. The first time at home.

It isn't always easy. It isn't always gonna be pretty. I try really hard to savor every victory, even the ones that are a little maddening.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2024, 02:11:21 PM »
Zaide didn't get more minutes cause Jop hit some shots. But its great to see him emerge.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2024, 02:11:37 PM »
The ball-knowing crap is pretty annoying. Do you need to be a knower of ball to recognize that we played like crap in the first half?  Do you need to be a knower of ball to recognize that we started the 2nd half great?  Do you need to be a knower of ball that we failed to execute down the stretch?

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2024, 02:12:18 PM »

Having a seven point lead and then failing to score again is not a good recipe for success but we’ll take it.

They will be hungry and it’ll be tough on NMD.

Not a soft/easy gimme for a stadium packed with MU faithful.

The team will need us that game

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2024, 02:13:58 PM »
The ball-knowing crap is pretty annoying. Do you need to be a knower of ball to recognize that we played like crap in the first half?  Do you need to be a knower of ball to recognize that we started the 2nd half great?  Do you need to be a knower of ball that we failed to execute down the stretch?

It’s a 40-minute game with ups and downs.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2024, 02:14:37 PM »
They will be hungry and it’ll be tough on NMD.

Not a soft/easy gimme for a stadium packed with MU faithful.

The team will need us that game

Yessir! Very much looking forward to it. My buddies and I are doing the NMD/@Butler double-dip. Neither game will be easy. I expect victory in both!

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2024, 02:19:22 PM »
Yessir! Very much looking forward to it. My buddies and I are doing the NMD/@Butler double-dip. Neither game will be easy. I expect victory in both!

Wow nice. The Hinkle experience is a good one, especially if Marquette wins.

Hopefully a nice little 3 day stretch there

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2024, 02:20:17 PM »
toss a prop at Gold if you must, but he’s not good. Slow. Poor shooter. Poor defender. Zaide should take his minutes. It’s not even up for discussion at this point, imo.
Thanks for your permission.   I was worried.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2024, 02:23:25 PM »
You also thought UCLA was going to age well and didn’t want to face them again in March.

I, too, do not want to face them in March. Because if we do it means we had to pay for whatever tournament we would be playing them in.

Always so illuminating to read posts from a lightweight kitten like you who is too insecure to ever actually make a prediction or projection, but so eager to jump on those posters who do make predictions/projections that may be off the mark.

So Bias, why don't you answer the following:

Who are your Final Four teams this year?

What seed do you think this MU will be for the NCAA this year?

How far will the team go?

Scale of 1-10, how big of turd are you in real life?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2024, 02:25:50 PM »
Beating an unranked team by a single point is a "great" win?
SJ were favored to win, MU covered and won great day
Goal is National Championship

Viper

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2024, 02:25:57 PM »
Sultan

There definitely are a lot of differing opinions on how the game is played. Have to say that sometimes I am completely at loss reading some of the posts. I do find it interesting, and a positive, that the usual negative posters take the time to watch the game and post.

bias
Not sure I ever said the UCLA win would age well, but do remember saying I would not want to see them in March. I’ll take your word that I said that win would age well. Obviously that was really fxxkin incorrect.
Goose, no doubt some posts are crazy, mine included. But the common link is we all want MU to be a consistent nationally prominent winner. However, and in defense of all posters that might get slightly bent during the game…MU can be soooo frustrating. It just seems that in so many seasons, especially from Buzz's final season, through Wojo and now Shaka (exception being 2022/23 regular season and BE tourney) it’s often migraine inducing self-inflicted daggers. MU was up 13 with 4-ish minutes to go!!! MU misses 4 straight free throws late!!! Can’t hit 3’s better than 20%!!!! Sure, there’s great wins along the way, such as the KU beat down in Maui. But how MU plays, how MU is at times coached (the UW, SH, Butler games come to mind as does late in today’s game)…yeah, it creates posting that might create some head scratching, justifiably so imo. But I do love everyone’s passion for MU basketball being great!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2024, 02:26:08 PM »
They had an answer. They sagged a defender into the lane.
They started playing a little more drop but it was only semi-effective. TK was getting into the big’s body and drawing contact. Still doesn’t explain moving entirely away from it with about 3 minutes left. As well as it was working I would’ve spammed it on almost every possession if nothing else than to create some structure on offense.
No Finish Line

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2024, 02:28:04 PM »
Never seen a 93% free throw shooter miss two free throws and then a front end, along with another good shooter miss a front end, all within a minute and a half.  Very Lucky

Don't care about Gold's. shin splints, not a very good excuse.  Big deal he made one hustle play on one possession in a game.  He is probably the slowest bigman in the big east and is now 0 for last 12 in threes and none in last five games. 

If all starters were gassed at the end, why didn't Shaka play Norman in second half?  He played like a minute in first, picked up two fouls and sat after that.  Is he that bad?  If so maybe he is not the future point guard. Why did he sit, maybe Shaka has no faith in the guy? Least give some starter a rest for a minute.  Lowery should have played more and Gold did not play a lot in second half.  Shaka went with the starters.

Didn't understand working the clock down in last four minutes, then MU had to put up circus shots.  Oh well, didn't matter but strange philosophy. 

Nice comeback and win, run back to Milwaukee.
You obviously don't know ball.
Goal is National Championship