[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Yet Another Reseating Thread  (Read 30475 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Yet Another Reseating Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »
Benny, you are correct, and you should out your "buddy" for a public shaming. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »
Thank you.  No need to out him... since he's a UW fan, he's already "out" by most accounts.

Incidentally, I think his way was the way UW did their seat licensing many years ago.  Not sure why he thinks himself an expert on MU basketball, but then, I suppose that most Bucky fans do.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
He shouldn't be your buddy, guy.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:49 PM »
It's per seat.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
He shouldn't be your buddy, guy.

Ding. 

More accurately, he's not your buddy.   Stop letting him fool you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »
Ding. 

More accurately, he's not your buddy.   Stop letting him fool you.

You know what I was going for.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
You know what I was going for.

Don't call me guy, friend.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUWarriors

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »
Just got back from re-seating.  Always a great experience to do it at the Al.  While we were waiting for our appointment, Derrick Wilson introduced himself to us.  Very classy guy.  Asked him how he likes Wojo and his response was very enthusiastic.  He said that he is looking forward to when Matt and Sandy get to campus.  I told him that I was glad to see that everybody stayed and his comment was that when they found out who was going to be the coach, everybody wanted to stay. 

As for re-seating, stayed in section 218 where we wanted to be.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
Ended up with slightly worse seats than last year. 

Seemed to be more seats available this year in rows w-x-y-z, though, so maybe some people changed their idea of a good seat, decided to the same thing I did, move over one section and 12+ rows down and save $480.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
Ended up with slightly worse seats than last year. 

Seemed to be more seats available this year in rows w-x-y-z, though, so maybe some people changed their idea of a good seat, decided to the same thing I did, move over one section and 12+ rows down and save $480.

So, do you think they are processing more folks per time slot?
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 08:18:58 AM »
As for our discussion before, how they churned through 837 accounts in 28 hours .. I'm still surprised. 

Due to our prior math, I really thought they'd made a mistake, and I'd have a ton of improved options for seats.   Didn't come true.

Completely anecdotal, but as I said, there were a ton of seats in the 4 close-to-corner sections, 202, 212, 216, 226 in rows w-x-y-z that I don't recall being there when I reseated last year.    Had I donated a ton, that would make sense, so it was odd.

If I had to guess, I think a smattering of people didn't renew their seats, and another smattering decided that instead of donating $360x2 to be in row WXYZ, they moved over a section and down 15+ to pay $120x2, which is how I ended up with worse seats.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
So, my friend and I share our season tickets.  I have the lower point total (not by much).  We just got our same seats from last year under his account.  I called to confirm this week that our accounts were linked like previous years, but they still let us get our seats under his name.  Hmmmm.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
There are still a ton of end zone seats in the lower bowl left, but less upstairs than usual. Interesting. MU might need to look at their pricing/donation structure a bit.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »
There are still a ton of end zone seats in the lower bowl left, but less upstairs than usual. Interesting. MU might need to look at their pricing/donation structure a bit.

Indeed.  This data does fit the theory .. there may still be the same number of season ticket holders .. but some folks are downgrading their tickets, moving over a section or two, moving upstairs, or abandoning the full package and selecting the ~8 good games from stubhub, forgoing the rest.

This behavior would be expected if we were in a recession.   The better theory would be .. the changes in the Big East, the lack of Louisville games, UConn games, Syracuse games, Notre Dame games plus a sub-mediocre season equates to a downgrade in the product and the price people are willing to pay for it.    

One $700 season ticket was really worth it in 2010,11,12 .. not so much in 2014.  Being spoiled during the BE glory years has a price.

Winning next year would help, but the perception of the Big East will be tough to shake off.    While us internet nerds will give Wojo a lot of slack, rebuilding the program for 2014-15, a sub-500 season and lackluster BE, and this problem gets way bigger.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
This behavior would be expected if we were in a recession.   The better theory would be .. the changes in the Big East, the lack of Louisville games, UConn games, Syracuse games, Notre Dame games plus a sub-mediocre season equates to a downgrade in the product and the price people are willing to pay for it.    

One $700 season ticket was really worth it in 2010,11,12 .. not so much in 2014.  Being spoiled during the BE glory years has a price.

They've done an alright job with non-conference scheduling, but need better home games to make up for losing those BE games. Last year's cupcake menu was brutal to sit through. Throw in MU's play and it was terrible basketball.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
Did anybody drop their seats this year?  This team probably needs the support than any others in recent years.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
Last year's cupcake menu was brutal to sit through.

Well .. actually, I'd disagree with that.  Last year we had 6 cupcakes.  The years before that, 6, 9, 8, 9, 8.

So really, the past two years have been "good" cupcake years, in terms of there only being 6, versus 8 or 9.

Trudging to the Bradley Center 9 times for cupcakes in December .. way way worse.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »
Well .. actually, I'd disagree with that.  Last year we had 6 cupcakes.  The years before that, 6, 9, 8, 9, 8.

So really, the past two years have been "good" cupcake years, in terms of there only being 6, versus 8 or 9.

Trudging to the Bradley Center 9 times for cupcakes in December .. way way worse.

Weren't there also fewer home games last year?

I think the cupcake:game ratio was about the same, even if there were fewer cupcakes. Certainly the cupcake:big game ratio (no L'ville, no Cuse, no UConn, etc.) was much worse.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:47:58 AM by Bleuteaux »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »
Indeed.  This data does fit the theory .. there may still be the same number of season ticket holders .. but some folks are downgrading their tickets, moving over a section or two, moving upstairs, or abandoning the full package and selecting the ~8 good games from stubhub, forgoing the rest.

Winning next year would help, but the perception of the Big East will be tough to shake off.    While us internet nerds will give Wojo a lot of slack, rebuilding the program for 2014-15, a sub-500 season and lackluster BE, and this problem gets way bigger.

I'll throw myself into this group. I had full season tickets (cheap uppers, but still the whole set), and last year I moved to the 5 game pack and plan on doing that again this year. Part of it is because I live in Chicago, but another part of it is that there just aren't as many big home games as there was back in the OBE.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

In numbers, sure. But those six teams last year were really, really bad. 5 of them had +300 RPI.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2014, 11:15:07 AM »
In numbers, sure. But those six teams last year were really, really bad. 5 of them had +300 RPI.

True .. but to most, playing #329 New Hampshire is the same as playing #195 Savanna State.

And heck, #329 New Hampshire, we only beat by 5. 

A cupcake is a cupcake.  A competitive game might be _slightly_ more entertaining to watch, although then you're sitting in your seats going "WTF, we're only beating them by 9!".

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
Well, people, how have your reseating sessions gone?

meh, think I moved down 4 rows but at the cost of not being on the aisle now

Zombie45

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »
I am not quite sure how i got screwed, but i moved up in percentile and overall rank and got worse tickets

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »
I am not quite sure how i got screwed, but i moved up in percentile and overall rank and got worse tickets

This answer to how this happens to me may be worth its weight in gold

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »
I think my theory above is a possible answer:
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41942.msg630910#msg630910

feedback