[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Yet Another Reseating Thread  (Read 30471 times)

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
Re: Yet Another Reseating Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
June 9th 7:03 pm, much like a turtle poking out of its shell

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »
June 9th 7:03 pm, much like a turtle poking out of its shell

gotta poop, aina?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
Hmm .. maybe I missed something before, but MU just sent another email about re-seating that seemed to have all the same info the last one did.

BUT .. it did mention that you could select your seats online .. or in person at the Bradley Center, like they used to do it.   That seems to be a change.   Last year the email stated you could do it in-person at the Al, a popular option for the Luddite crowd.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »
Have there been employees that have been able to select seats already? There are numerous seats in the front rows of the upper deck corners that are already marked as unavailable, including my seats from last year.

Are the just allocating more seats for university use?

Crispy

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »
I am an employee and have never had a chance to pick early.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »

And for those who say you'll get the same seats if you just select "same seats as last year" once you've found seats in your row - good luck.  I did that last year, and then found they moved me several seats over...by the aisle, with people constantly walking by after the tip.

I'm on the aisle and it's planned so I sign up annually for that pain...to me the pros outweigh the cons.  That said, the Bradley Center is an absolute embarrassment to sports entertainment the way they let people run free during events.  At the Kohl Center they have drapes they close during game action, they do their best to keep you in the vestibule (???) until a break in the action.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

augoman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
I remember attending ball games at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix when it first opened- the ushers held a rope across the aisle to keep you in the concourse until a break in the action.  Great idea I'd like to see implemented at the BC.

June 4th, 7:30

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »
So here in Chicagoland, the 9"x12" envelope emblazoned with the MU logo arrived today with my personalized 2014-15 reseating letter.  For those of us who forgot... yes, we are now reseating every year.

The inquisitive may ask, "but why are we now reseating every year, Benny?"

Well fellow scoopers, it's the same reason you can't pick your actual seats anymore: the evil taxman a/k/a the Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue.  Now I won't go into the dumb logic behind this decision, but there is one exception to the rule: if you're in a section that doesn't require a seat license (e.g. upper corners or baseline), you can still pick your actual seats since it's the seat license that's taxable.  No seat license, no tax, no worries, eh?

Or so that's what we've been told.

You see, Scoopers, here's a little known tidbit of 411 you might find interesting: one of the benefits of being a Marquette employee is --- your seat license, if any, is waived.

"So since there's no seat license for faculty/staff, when it's their turn to pick, they can pick their actual seats, right?"

Wrong.  Faculty/staff still have to go through the same process as the rest of us.

Now while that seems like a fair thing to do, color me cynical here... if there was a way to circumvent the selection "process" for faculty/staff that didn't jeopardize non-taxabilty of seat licenses, I would have to think the Athletic Dept would be all over that one.  Heck, I'm pretty dang sure that most faculty/staff are probably winking & nudging their way through the selection process already, so why not just bring it above board?

So I remain skeptical as to who's really driving the bus with the whole taxable seat license thing... there are just too many holes in the argument for me to believe that this new selection process is actually necessary to preserve tax-free status.   Not that it's a big deal to me, since I'll be slumming in the license-free 400s for the foreseeable future any way; it just seems like somebody's deliberately creating a headache for thousands of people merely for kicks.

What does not seem fair to me is that those who support Marquette and pay this tax on seat licenses is directly or indirectly contributing to Bo Ryan's salary.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:17:03 PM by muwarrior69 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 03:13:07 PM »
I remember attending ball games at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix when it first opened- the ushers held a rope across the aisle to keep you in the concourse until a break in the action.  Great idea I'd like to see implemented at the BC.

June 4th, 7:30

The United Center employs a bunch of crossing guards for the exact same purpose.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jeipps

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »
The marquetteseating.com website will not let me login.  I put in my account # and it asked for your seat selection pin?  My normal password for my marquette account does not work.  Can somebody help me out with this? Thanks

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »
I got an email about a week ago with the password for the seating selection only.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2014, 11:24:54 PM »
The United Center employs a bunch of crossing guards for the exact same purpose.

So does AT&T Park in San Francisco

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 10:33:04 AM »
Have there been employees that have been able to select seats already? There are numerous seats in the front rows of the upper deck corners that are already marked as unavailable, including my seats from last year.

Are the just allocating more seats for university use?

Some of those seats may be considered obstructed view and blocked out because of that. The end seats on some of the low aisles on the 400 level are considered obstructed because of railings. The aisle seat I sat in two years ago was not available to me last year, but I sat in the same row and know that no one sat in that seat all year. The seat at the opposite end of the aisle was also unused all year.
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Well, people, how have your reseating sessions gone?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
Well, people, how have your reseating sessions gone?

can't answer that before June 10

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
can't answer that before June 10
same here

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
I'm up in an hour.   I'll let you know. 
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
From looking at a few data points of people with way more points than me, compared to my time, I think I'll be able to get better seats this year.   (tomorrow night.)

Not sure why that is, unless a ton of people decided not to get seats this year.

We'll see in 28 hours.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
I went to the Al, unlike last year, because I enjoy seeing the players and other student athletes assisting the process.  Secured similar seats as last year, although I flipped sides of the BC.  Unlikely to get an aisle, as I took the last two available in that row.

Steve Taylor guided me to the computer.  Very nice man.  Talked a bit about the article in the morning paper regarding boot camp vs. skills.  He clearly likes the current style.   Deonte was working the front desk.  Juan was in the ticket booth, both on the first floor.  

The people choosing seats there skewed old, even older than an old man like me.  Some of that is donation history, some of that is tradition, some of that is fear of screwing up something on the computer.  I'm a proxy for a business partner tomorrow and I suspect I'll just sit at my desk to select his.  
Ludum habemus.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
I went to the Al yesterday. Last year 227 row J. This year 227 row F. Last year I was gone and let MU pick my seats. They did give me isle seats closer to mid court vs isle seats the year before fartherest from mid-court. Prior to last year I was 227 row H.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 07:20:26 PM »
I went last night and after initial disappointment and being told that my rows are mostly filled, I believe I have the same seats as last year, the two years before that, etc.  I won't actually know until I'm billed, but believe I have the same seats.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
I went to the Al yesterday. Last year 227 row J. This year 227 row F. Last year I was gone and let MU pick my seats. They did give me isle seats closer to mid court vs isle seats the year before fartherest from mid-court. Prior to last year I was 227 row H.

215 row P.  Last year I was in 200, only in that section below the luxury boxes. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:48:15 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »
Seat Donations -- Someone confirm this for me:

I'm of the understanding that the seat donation is a per-seat donation that is, in essence, "added" to the price of the ticket; it is not the particular "donor-level" required to select the seat.  In other words, if you select four seats in Section 200 ($570/seat, $600 donation), you're paying $4,680 for your season tickets [(570+600)*4].

A friend of mine is arguing that by donating $600 to the B&G fund, you receive the "right" to purchase any available seats in the $600 donor category at your appointment time at the per-ticket price; in this case, the same seats would cost a total of $2,880 (570*4+600).

Who is right - me or my buddy?

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »

Definitely not your buddy...

I'm of the understanding that the seat donation is a per-seat donation that is, in essence, "added" to the price of the ticket; it is not the particular "donor-level" required to select the seat.  In other words, if you select four seats in Section 200 ($570/seat, $600 donation), you're paying $4,680 for your season tickets [(570+600)*4].

A friend of mine is arguing that by donating $600 to the B&G fund, you receive the "right" to purchase any available seats in the $600 donor category at your appointment time at the per-ticket price; in this case, the same seats would cost a total of $2,880 (570*4+600).

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »

I'm of the understanding that the seat donation is a per-seat donation that is, in essence, "added" to the price of the ticket; it is not the particular "donor-level" required to select the seat.  In other words, if you select four seats in Section 200 ($570/seat, $600 donation), you're paying $4,680 for your season tickets [(570+600)*4].

You
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:06:09 AM by Strokin 3s »

feedback