[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Which betrayal is worst?

Hulk Hogan betraying Randy Savage and joining the NWO
15 (29.4%)
Tom Crean leaving a thriving MU program for a Big Ten team in shambles
25 (49%)
Brutus' betrayal of Julius Caesar
11 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: April 03, 2008, 06:38:13 PM

Author Topic: Worst Betrayals Of All Time  (Read 2465 times)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Worst Betrayals Of All Time
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
I think I'm going crazy...seriously.

chapman

• All American
Re: Worst Betrayals Of All Time
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »
Maybe we can get some WVU fans on here to tell us how they felt about Rich Rodriguez.  They took that pretty hard.

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »
I feel like I was punched in the gut and not expecting it, but not betrayed.... One month ago Favre retired, and he had a great career and made a decision that best suited him at this point of his life. In Favre's case I was shocked, because I thought he was still able to play and that he would continue, but not betrayed.

In this case, Indiana historically has been a better program, short term Crean would have a better chance to win at Marquette, but it will be easier to recruit with the Indiana name. So I don't think from his standpoint it is a horrible decision...

I almost feel like a boyfriend who is dating a girl out of their league and they leave you for another attractive person... not that Crean is "over qualified" for Marquette, but if I was a third party observer, it would make sense, that hot girl should be dating that hot guy.... Crean has done great things and deserves a job at a top program, as much as it hurts me to say it.

Now that 2/3 favorite sports teams will dramatically changed (Beginning of March Packers/ Favre, Beginning of April MU/ Crean) I am expecting Prince Fielder to have a career ending injury May 1st and make it 3/3.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »
Hogan left for the WCW. When Savage met him there, they started the NWO, fo-fo-fo-four life!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »
Hogan by far.  Little kids across the country were crushed including a young ShortTitan34.  To this day I cringe when I see Hogan wearing the nWo  shirt on Hogan Knows best.

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
I would like to nominate Judas' betrayal of Jesus... We are a Jesuit University, so we are allowed to post that, right?

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
Sean Michaels betrays Marty Jeanetty
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
When Sean Michaels kicked Marty Jennety through the Barbershop window on Saturday Night Main Event I cried that my all time favorite tag team the Rockers were no more.

I got over it though as I realized that Jennety was a no talent hack with a 1,000 dollar a day Cocaine Habit, while Sean Michaels became the 2nd greatest sports entertainer in history.  Of course the Nature boy is the greatest wrestler ever  WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

On other WWF news.  Undertaker extended the greatest streak in professional sports as he beat Edge for his 16th straight Wrestlemania win.  

The Undertaker is Wrestlemania as Xavier is to the first round of the tourney: they never lose

Jumping Jesuit

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
I would like to nominate Judas' betrayal of Jesus... We are a Jesuit University, so we are allowed to post that, right?

Pontius Pilate would take acception to that.

Jumping Jesuit

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »

Pontius Pilate would take acception to that.

I meant "exception", but the more I read that, the more I would think that Pontius would "accept" the fact that Judas was a bigger betrayer than he was.  Everyone, I think the sun will rise tomorrow.  Thanks, Tom, for all you have done for us.

Dave Andrews

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
Comparing the greatest sport of all (college hoops) to "Pro" Wrestling ????

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Sean Michaels betrays Marty Jeanetty
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
When Sean Michaels kicked Marty Jennety through the Barbershop window on Saturday Night Main Event I cried that my all time favorite tag team the Rockers were no more.

I got over it though as I realized that Jennety was a no talent hack with a 1,000 dollar a day Cocaine Habit, while Sean Michaels became the 2nd greatest sports entertainer in history.  Of course the Nature boy is the greatest wrestler ever  WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

On other WWF news.  Undertaker extended the greatest streak in professional sports as he beat Edge for his 16th straight Wrestlemania win. 

The Undertaker is Wrestlemania as Xavier is to the first round of the tourney: they never lose

I remember that barbershop moment like it was yesterday...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Re: Sean Michaels betrays Marty Jeanetty
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »

I got over it though as I realized that Jennety was a no talent hack with a 1,000 dollar a day Cocaine Habit, while Sean Michaels became the 2nd greatest sports entertainer in history.  Of course the Nature boy is the greatest wrestler ever  WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

On other WWF news.  Undertaker extended the greatest streak in professional sports as he beat Edge for his 16th straight Wrestlemania win. 

I remember that barbershop moment like it was yesterday...

I forgot about that one...and Michaels never held a world tag title with Janetty, but afterwards he became....THE SHOWSTOPPER!!

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »
It's great to see some people with a sense of humour.
 On the serious side I would go with Gary Barnett while at Northwestern. I would also throw Nick Saban in there for his departure from Dolphins.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »
Heck, I would throw in Nick Saban to Alabama. (From the Dolphins)
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)