'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UW hyphen M is really bad  (Read 5105 times)

groove

Re: UW hyphen M is really bad
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
or extremely inconsistent

nomorebuycks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »
so the timeout was used to set up freakin' Buycks for a 30 footer?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »
:51 -- This reminds me of Depaul last year

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
MU has too many stretches where they look completely lost. It has happened in pretty much every game so far this season. Obviously some stretches have been longer than others but they seem too talented to play such ugly, ugly basketball every time out.

nomorebuycks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
But is MU really that talented?  

And i'm sorry, but MU's rebounding is piss-poor.  There is absolutely no excuse to be out hustled on the boards time and time again.

This year's MU squad may be the single worst rebounding team I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:58:45 PM by nomorebuycks »

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
Crowder doesn't know how to play D tonight...jeez

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
Not sure MU has a real strength this year.  Last year it was 3pt shooting...dang near everyone on the court could knock them down at a high percentage.  I also thought we played much smarter last year.

I'm relatively impressed with UWM.  They hit open shots, played solid defense in the second half, and didn't back down.  It's been a fun game to watch, and I think MU has gotten something from it.  If nothing else, DJO got his stroke back that Willie had said Buzz took away from him.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:30 PM »
But is MU really that talented?  

And i'm sorry, but MU's rebounding is piss-poor.  There is absolutely no excuse to be out hustled on the boards time and time again.

This year's MU squad may be the single worst rebounding team I've ever seen.

A team that hangs with Duke definitely has talent on their roster.

KC_Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
Disaster averted.  Whew.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »
Every game is going to be an exciting...um...adventure.  MU can play with anyone (see Duke) or lose to anyone (see Bucknell and UW-M as almosts).   We are young...that type of inconsistency is typical and hopefully can stabilize over the season.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »
Wow.  It's early still, but they are not good.

MU up huge, DJO looks like he's at practice nailing these 3 pointers with no one within yards of him shooting.

GO Warriors

I see you made it home in time for the game. Guess what,MU is playing dumb basketball.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »

I see you made it home in time for the game. Guess what,MU is playing dumb basketball.

I completely agree and there's a reason for that.....of course if I state the obvious reason I'll be called all kinds of things.

We are playing extremely poor basketball...we will be schooled by a smart, traditional team with a few quality players if we don't get it together and soon.  Very dumb basketball.  It's difficult to watch.  UW-m has no business on that court with our talent but dumb ball will allow any team to hang around.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »
I completely agree and there's a reason for that.....of course if I state the obvious reason I'll be called all kinds of things.

We are playing extremely poor basketball...we will be schooled by a smart, traditional team with a few quality players if we don't get it together and soon.  Very dumb basketball.  It's difficult to watch.  UW-m has no business on that court with our talent but dumb ball will allow any team to hang around.

You've stated tonight that we'll get destroyed by Wisconsin in another thread and now make reference to it above - so, would you please go on record and give us your analysis and prediction for the MU vs UW game?  Thank you - but I know you'll come up with some as always lame excuse to NOT make your prediction...but by the sounds of everything you are posting tonight..I assume you believe we'll lose to UW by 15-20?  I mean using words like "schooled" and "destroyed" don't imply losses by less than 15 in my book?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

romey

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 10:29:21 PM »
If we play like we did tonight, I'd say UW wins.  But I'm confident we won't play like this because we KNOW we have to play much better in order to win that one.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Conjunction junction, what's your function
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »
You've stated tonight that we'll get destroyed by Wisconsin in another thread and now make reference to it above - so, would you please go on record and give us your analysis and prediction for the MU vs UW game?  Thank you - but I know you'll come up with some as always lame excuse to NOT make your prediction...but by the sounds of everything you are posting tonight..I assume you believe we'll lose to UW by 15-20?  I mean using words like "schooled" and "destroyed" don't imply losses by less than 15 in my book?

Are you incapable of reading what I said?  Let me put it in red for you since apparently you are.

"we will be schooled by a smart, traditional team with a few quality players if we don't get it together and soon."

Do you know what "if" is?  It's a conjunction.  Do you know what a conjunction is and what follows a conjunction?

Let me help you with the other sentence I wrote...."Wisconsin will destroy us in two weeks if we don't get our act together"

This might help you as well

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkO87mkgcNo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mkO87mkgcNo</a>

Now, do you understand?  Hopefully you are not colorblind and can see what I actually said, which was not that Wisconsin would destroy us (end of sentence).  There's a big "IF" in both statements, but of course you don't read that part.  It's as if your decoder ring stops working.   ::)

I'll make my prediction based on what I see in the next two games to see IF "they get their act together \ get it together and soon".

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:22:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »
We are playing extremely poor basketball...we will be schooled by a smart, traditional team with a few quality players if we don't get it together and soon.

Okay, you may as well just say Wisconsin because it's obvious you are talking about them. But why do you think they will be such a problem? I'm not saying they can't slow us down and compete, but what have they proven this year that indicates they are a threat? Struggle for 30 minutes with a bad Boston College team? Fail to score against Manhattan? Lose to UNLV? We may be down from where we were last year, but comparably, Bucky's in the toilet.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »
Why don't you illuminate us with some specifics on these issues?
Still waiting....please provide some specifics on these numerous issues so Buzz can know what to do...

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
I was there. UWM was not that bad. They shot well from 3, and had some guys that could score in the clutch in the end of the game. I think this is the first of many hard fought wins for MU, and did not leave the gym feeling we played that bad.

Otule still is awful, and his late foul kept UWM alive in the final minute. Hopefully DJO can use this game to gain more confidence in his 3. Jimmy is the guy you want on the line at the end of the game. Vander needs to work on that shot, but his defense is top notch. Crowder needs more time to adjust if Buzz expects him to play out of position all year, but he is up to the challenge. Lastly, I want Gardner back, ASAP.
Warrior in the class of 2011.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
I was there. UWM was not that bad. They shot well from 3, and had some guys that could score in the clutch in the end of the game. I think this is the first of many hard fought wins for MU, and did not leave the gym feeling we played that bad.

Otule still is awful, and his late foul kept UWM alive in the final minute. Hopefully DJO can use this game to gain more confidence in his 3. Jimmy is the guy you want on the line at the end of the game. Vander needs to work on that shot, but his defense is top notch. Crowder needs more time to adjust if Buzz expects him to play out of position all year, but he is up to the challenge. Lastly, I want Gardner back, ASAP.

Finally some good analysis.  Personally, I thought MU looked better in this game than it has all year, for longer stretches.  UWM did play a great game, shot it well from the 3..and the kid Hill underneath is a very good back to the basket player.  This is UWM's Super Bowl..we took their best shot..give them credit..they played a very good game.  No need for MU fans to think the sky is falling, and not need to discredit the UWM team.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013