'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Transfer Portal  (Read 268715 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: 2024 Transfer Portal
« Reply #850 on: April 11, 2024, 08:05:54 PM »
Nope.

Yup! And it was his coldest zone on the court...and this is just 2022-2023. He took more this season.
VIOLENCE!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #851 on: April 11, 2024, 08:09:05 PM »
Yup! And it was his coldest zone on the court...and this is just 2022-2023. He took more this season.

I don’t think this shows what you are claiming it shows.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #852 on: April 11, 2024, 08:43:58 PM »
I don’t think this shows what you are claiming it shows.

It shows that he has taken shots from the free throw line and beyond...as was my original claim...because he has.
VIOLENCE!

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #853 on: April 11, 2024, 08:46:53 PM »
It shows that he has taken shots from the free throw line and beyond...as was my original claim...because he has.

Must have taken them during the Radford game....

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #854 on: April 11, 2024, 09:12:35 PM »

Your original claim was that he took “many”. That’s not what that shows.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #855 on: April 11, 2024, 09:23:53 PM »

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #856 on: April 11, 2024, 09:39:59 PM »
Your original claim was that he took “many”. That’s not what that shows.

Plenty was the claim...and that word can be discretionary. There isn't any set number for plenty...but I have seen him take the shot plenty over the past 2 seasons. That chart does nothing but confirm he's taken those shots.
VIOLENCE!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #857 on: April 11, 2024, 09:44:18 PM »
I know  when I think of plenty it’s always a random number somewhere between 3 and 1000………….

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #858 on: April 11, 2024, 09:45:55 PM »
I know  when I think of plenty it’s always a random number somewhere between 3 and 1000………….

Oso has taken 734 shots in his career.
VIOLENCE!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #859 on: April 11, 2024, 11:17:03 PM »
Good try, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #860 on: April 11, 2024, 11:17:32 PM »
Plenty was the claim...and that word can be discretionary. There isn't any set number for plenty...but I have seen him take the shot plenty over the past 2 seasons. That chart does nothing but confirm he's taken those shots.

Oso took many free throw line or just beyond floaters.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #861 on: April 11, 2024, 11:25:25 PM »

Point still stands. He's taken them. This all stemmed from Aidoo and a jumpshot.

I'd like to see a center in this offense with a real jumpshot. Whether that is Aidoo or not, we will get it from Ben Gold next year from deep. Aidoo just has more of the midrange game that we were discussing. Gold does not.
VIOLENCE!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #862 on: April 11, 2024, 11:27:26 PM »
Point still stands. He's taken them. This all stemmed from Aidoo and a jumpshot.

I'd like to see a center in this offense with a real jumpshot. Whether that is Aidoo or not, we will get it from Ben Gold next year from deep. Aidoo just has more of the midrange game that we were discussing. Gold does not.

Oso took them, just not many of them. It was not and will never be a valuable part of a Nevada/Shaka offense.
TAMU

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #863 on: April 11, 2024, 11:37:50 PM »
Oso took them, just not many of them. It was not and will never be a valuable part of a Nevada/Shaka offense.

Morsell took MANY. Lewis took a lot.

It isn't absent from their strategy. They just prefer 3s and dunks, but it completely depends who's taking them. The only midrange threat on this team was Joplin and Oso's push shot.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2024, 12:04:44 AM »
Many different accounts on Trilly's discord are saying Seth Trimble is going to end up at Marquette...a few claim to know his mom wants Marquette because she likes Shaka...weird thing to make up, but Trilly says too early to know.
VIOLENCE!

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2024, 07:52:13 AM »
Many different accounts on Trilly's discord are saying Seth Trimble is going to end up at Marquette...a few claim to know his mom wants Marquette because she likes Shaka...weird thing to make up, but Trilly says too early to know.

Im pretty sure thats all just based on Trimbles mom liking a couple tweets about Marquette during the tournament.  I wouldnt read anything into what people are posting there, other than Trilly.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2024, 07:58:34 AM »

Man, I have seen people here shifting goalposts, but this is really ridiculous. You claim he took "many." Then you post a chart that he took less than a dozen claiming it proves your point.

That isn't "many" or "plenty" no matter how you chose to define the word. It was an inaccurate statement. Just own it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2024, 08:09:07 AM »
Man, I have seen people here shifting goalposts, but this is really ridiculous. You claim he took "many." Then you post a chart that he took less than a dozen claiming it proves your point.

That isn't "many" or "plenty" no matter how you chose to define the word. It was an inaccurate statement. Just own it.

I was just thinking that this is up there with some of Chico's finest work. Truly an all-timer.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2024, 08:12:45 AM »

Are you a dentist?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2024, 11:24:25 AM »

I suppose it isn't impossible, but I don't think there's any reason at this point to believe Trimble will end up here.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2024, 11:47:29 AM »
Morsell took MANY. Lewis took a lot.

It isn't absent from their strategy. They just prefer 3s and dunks, but it completely depends who's taking them. The only midrange threat on this team was Joplin and Oso's push shot.

1. What JLew and Moresell did does not make your assertion about Oso correct

2. JLew/Moresell was two years ago with a cobbled together roster.  You may also remember the following season the team making comments about not playing for each other towards the end of the previous season.  That's teamspeak for JLew and Moresell started taking a lot of shots that they didn't want them to.

3. If you think Kam, TKO, Chase, Gold, etc are incapable of hitting midrange shots, you are mistaken. They don't take them because they're not part of the game plan. I haven't seen the end of season numbers but about 75% through the season we had literally taken 1 long 2 all season. That is a strategic choice

4. Aidoo would be awesome here.  He's a defensive monster who would thrive in our system (but we can't afford him). Him being bad at 17 footers has nothing to do with why he's be good here.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2024, 12:02:12 PM »
Gold will add plenty of jumpers from the 5 position next season. Most by far will be 3s. Fans will be happy about that when he's on a hot streak; he had a few of those this season. Fans will whine that he's taking too many 3s when he's on a cold streak; he had a couple of those this season.

We won't be bringing in 5s - or anyone else - to boost our midrange game as long as Shaka runs the Shaka/Nevada offense. It's an inefficient shot.

Related: Not sure why that Oso shot chart ignores the two fine 3s he attempted this season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:39 PM »
I suppose it isn't impossible, but I don't think there's any reason at this point to believe Trimble will end up here.

I am not hip to the reasons people don't want Trimble here (or if there are any Maymon parental issues). That said, I'd welcome him here if he wants to be here. Was impressed with what I saw out him this year. Really great motor on defense, good shooter from 3, and a good distributor. I get garbage time isn't the best time to judge, but thought in a few I watched where he ran the second unit he made the team better through his presence and composure. Downside is he can't hit FT
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2024, 12:09:16 PM »
Gold will add plenty of jumpers from the 5 position next season. Most by far will be 3s. Fans will be happy about that when he's on a hot streak; he had a few of those this season. Fans will whine that he's taking too many 3s when he's on a cold streak; he had a couple of those this season.

We won't be bringing in 5s - or anyone else - to boost our midrange game as long as Shaka runs the Shaka/Nevada offense. It's an inefficient shot.

Related: Not sure why that Oso shot chart ignores the two fine 3s he attempted this season.
Pretty sure it is a 22-23 shot chart.   Ben did a drive from the left wing, pull up 10 foot baseline jumper after hitting a couple of 3s.  He sat shortly thereafter.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2024, 01:25:41 PM »

I agree.  I'd love to have him but I don't think you'd use the one available spot on him.

feedback