'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Games at the Al  (Read 13430 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Games at the Al
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »
Wait, something I did yesterday, in real life, makes me an internet tough guy? Huh?

It makes you an internet tough guy because you came on the internet to talk about how you left and it was because you just couldn't accept Marquette's performance. Not sure who you are trying to impress with your whole "I look down my nose a $20 ticket for a pretty unique experience because a team who has proven to have bad games this season, had a bad game" schtick but I'm kind of over it.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
Now the guy with his toddler who left with about 2:00 to go in the 4th... that I can understand.  It's late, the kid needs sleep, gotta beat the traffic, and certainly one wants to minimize the number of people seeing the black/white polka-dot diaper bag.

yes, totally different

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
Now the guy with his toddler who left with about 2:00 to go in the 4th... that I can understand.  It's late, the kid needs sleep, gotta beat the traffic, and certainly one wants to minimize the number of people seeing the black/white polka-dot diaper bag.

And for the record we left with 1:37 to go in the game and #nored was not happy about it. :)

Benny IRL probably:
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
It makes you an internet tough guy because you came on the internet to talk about how you left and it was because you just couldn't accept Marquette's performance. Not sure who you are trying to impress with your whole "I look down my nose a $20 ticket for a pretty unique experience because a team who has proven to have bad games this season, had a bad game" schtick but I'm kind of over it.

None of that happened, bud. I was excited for the chance to see a game at the Al. I thought being on campus in a small arena would be great. Since it was a 6pm start, I had to leave work early and rush to the game without eating. So then when the first half was not fun to watch and I was getting pretty hungry by 7, I decided to leave to get some food. It wasn't some kind of protest against the team, it was me weighing my options and choosing to leave the stadium. I still rooted for the team to win. I still got fired up when Sacar had his big dunks in the second half.

I then came on the internet to ask if others were disappointed too, or if it was just me. By the response to this thread, it sounds like most people liked it. I can see why they might. If the game had been at 8, and if the game had been better, maybe I wold have liked it more. I'm not trying to impress a single person. Just talking about my experience. It's really just that simple.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »
None of that happened, bud. I was excited for the chance to see a game at the Al. I thought being on campus in a small arena would be great. Since it was a 6pm start, I had to leave work early and rush to the game without eating. So then when the first half was not fun to watch and I was getting pretty hungry by 7, I decided to leave to get some food. It wasn't some kind of protest against the team, it was me weighing my options and choosing to leave the stadium. I still rooted for the team to win. I still got fired up when Sacar had his big dunks in the second half.

I then came on the internet to ask if others were disappointed too, or if it was just me. By the response to this thread, it sounds like most people liked it. I can see why they might. If the game had been at 8, and if the game had been better, maybe I wold have liked it more. I'm not trying to impress a single person. Just talking about my experience. It's really just that simple.
I wonder how much your experience would have changed if the rules of the game were not modified.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2018, 10:34:32 AM »
He'll be old enough for chili pretty soon eng.

We're a bit away from that. Gave him home made chili the other day and it didn't go well, spice just ain't his bag yet.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
Benny IRL probably:

You have to admit, that manpurse of yours draws a lot of attention.  If not for that, I would have totally looked right past you and nored without putting 2 and 2 together.  But those polka dots made you easier to pick out of a crowd than it was to find Titan when he wore feathers.

(Prediction: By end of game Sunday, nored will a) be completely toilet trained or b) carrying around the wettest diaper ever.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:41:56 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
We're a bit away from that. Gave him home made chili the other day and it didn't go well, spice just ain't his bag yet.

Obviously a 'mild' man.  Perhaps a good old boiled hot dog to start with just a little spoonful.  By 2nd grade he'll be 'all in'.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »
I had a general admission ticket, but I just stood along the railing above the student sections to get a better view.

You are standing the whole game but you are also about 20' away from the action.  I'll probably try that again Sunday if I can get a ticket.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 11:54:08 AM »

I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
The problem with feeding  chili to toddlers is that eventually you have to clean up the chili diaper.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
The problem with feeding  chili to toddlers is that eventually you have to clean up the chili diaper.

All the more reason to double down on

(Prediction: By end of game Sunday, nored will a) be completely toilet trained or b) carrying around the wettest diaper ever.)
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2018, 12:22:11 PM »
I had a general admission ticket, but I just stood along the railing above the student sections to get a better view.

You are standing the whole game but you are also about 20' away from the action.  I'll probably try that again Sunday if I can get a ticket.

I did as well a fair amount, very cool experience

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »

They allowed folks to stand their until about 4 years ago for Marquette Madness. It's an excellent view.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
You have to admit, that manpurse of yours draws a lot of attention.  If not for that, I would have totally looked right past you and nored without putting 2 and 2 together.  But those polka dots made you easier to pick out of a crowd than it was to find Titan when he wore feathers.

Naw

A. I'm oblivious to the bag and it is probably the least embarrassing way I've drawn attention to myself

B. The wife character will be there Sunday so she'll probably have cause it's a pseudo purse

C. Don't really have a third thing but I started with an itemized list and it's weird to only have two items in that list

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »
Apparently the word excellent is highly subjective. It was so bad I left at halftime.

This is a really weird way to explain that one is hungry and needs to go get food to eat.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »

Methinks thou doth protest too much.  ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2018, 02:20:51 PM »
This is a really weird way to explain that one is hungry having withdrawals and needs to go get food booze to eatdrink .
;)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
1) This is an odd thread, even for Scoop

B) Kudos to everyone who stayed through double OT
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/269/marquette-golden-eagles
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/269/marquette-golden-eagles

Wow, skianth missed more of the game than he even thought....
Have some patience, FFS.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »

All the scores have been showing as 2OT strange
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
All the scores have been showing as 2OT strange

ESPNs website doesn't understand quarters
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
ESPNs website doesn't understand quarters

That's strange.
It's not that hard a game to grasp, even when hammered...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

feedback