'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam having hip surgery  (Read 6259 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Sam having hip surgery
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
LOL, you just invoked Lombardi when talking about the NIT.

Well, Vince Lombardi coached the Packers in back-to-back Playoff Bowls (which pitted the second place teams from each division against each other prior to the NFL championship game) in the 1963 and 1964 seasons and tried like hell to win both of them.  That was the NFL equivalent of the NIT.  I bet none of his players who were injured but could suit up missed those games.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »
jsglow

I did not know that Sam has a 4-5 rehab ahead of him prior to this morning. I think I would have passed on March success and held him out. We did have not great success in Jan or Feb, so to think March would be the month, might have been wishful thinking.

Are you suggesting he should have sat out the entire month of March as we were trying to get into the NCAA tournament?  Even if he skipped the NIT, all that does to his timeline is move it up 2 weeks.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:20 PM »
Well, Vince Lombardi coached the Packers in back-to-back Playoff Bowls (which pitted the second place teams from each division against each other prior to the NFL championship game) in the 1963 and 1964 seasons and tried like hell to win both of them.  That was the NFL equivalent of the NIT.  I bet none of his players who were injured but could suit up missed those games.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well done!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »
Some people here are so sad. Bet if he had sat out and point was made that he didn't need to sit, all these same guys would be calling him a quitter and a terrible teammate. What a lot of pathetic people. And think about it who the hell was going to play the 4 for 30 minutes?
Goal is National Championship

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »
Guessin' SH has a torn labrum, aina?
So i was diagnosed with an FAI and torn labrum in my right hip when I was 44.  Between diagnosis and surgery I finished training for a marathon, ran a marathon (sub 4hr thank you very much), went through PT to build my lateral movement, and ran 2 halves (sub 1:45).  Rehab sucked but i was back running half marathons in 7 months.

Yeah, i'm awesome!  but that's not the point.  The point is that Sam is WAY younger, WAY more physically fit, has access to better doctors, and has access to MUCH better PT resources than i did (though my PT guy was a Marquette grad).  It is a long recovery but Sam has plenty of time to get ready for next season and he fixed and done.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »
So i was diagnosed with an FAI and torn labrum in my right hip when I was 44.  Between diagnosis and surgery I finished training for a marathon, ran a marathon (sub 4hr thank you very much), went through PT to build my lateral movement, and ran 2 halves (sub 1:45).  Rehab sucked but i was back running half marathons in 7 months.

Yeah, i'm awesome!  but that's not the point.  The point is that Sam is WAY younger, WAY more physically fit, has access to better doctors, and has access to MUCH better PT resources than i did (though my PT guy was a Marquette grad).  It is a long recovery but Sam has plenty of time to get ready for next season and he fixed and done.
Dude, respect for those marathon and half marathon splits.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

feedback