[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wake Up Call  (Read 5865 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Wake Up Call
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2023, 04:39:39 PM »
So you just make him a complete non factor as a shooter? We don’t beat UCLA without Sean hitting a three. Maybe Illinois too but that’s probably a reach.

I’m agreeing on a game to game basis Sean shooting threes is bad. But if we want to make a final four he needs to start hitting. Which means he needs to keep shooting them.

Im not saying he literally never shoots again. But like 3 or 4 in a game? Anything off the dribble? Mental.

Like I said even the UCLA one. Insanse shot since it wasnt even a catch and shoot. You can also argue part of the reason we found our way in a closer than desired game is because throughout we didnt make shots whether it was sean or someone else.

Its a team wide issue. I get the philosphy but we cant just keep chucking bricks. And based on shooting ability + role Sean is the one least justified in ever taking a 3.

Basically he should take a 3 only in the very rare time he as the PG on the floor gives the ball up and gets it back on a wide open catch and shoot.

Him stepping into a 3, 10 seconds into the shot clock(hes done this many times) is the same thing as a team getting the ball in football and just decided to punt on 1st down.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2023, 04:48:25 PM »
Jop is a streak 3 pt shooter.  Everyone knows who he is and what he is.    Starting is different than coming off the bench.  He could have off games last year and it didn't matter because of OMax.   His release isn't faster.  He has more responsibilities.  He is higher on the scout.  He is matched up with starting stretch 4's who are not leaving him.
   Shaka is going to ride with him.   He is going to either make the adjustments or he isn't.    I am of the opinion that he is going to hit a couple and have the light go on.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 07:05:47 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2023, 04:54:40 PM »
Ners gonna ners.

He's always over-emphasized athleticism. This is no different.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2023, 04:57:06 PM »
Jop is what he is.

Hes a very solid shooter but its not consistently solid. Really the consistency is if hes really good one game, you can almost bet the house hes irrelevent the next. Vice versa.

Good news is our next opponent is another good team in Texas where we need his shot. So they should be worried about a 4/7 Jop game.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2023, 06:52:58 PM »
Josh is a streak 3 pt shooter.  Everyone knows who he is and what he is. 

Tell me more about this "Josh" feller. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2023, 07:05:29 PM »
My kid.    Force of habit. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2023, 07:35:05 PM »
Jop is what he is.

Hes a very solid shooter but its not consistently solid. Really the consistency is if hes really good one game, you can almost bet the house hes irrelevent the next. Vice versa.

Good news is our next opponent is another good team in Texas where we need his shot. So they should be worried about a 4/7 Jop game.
He is not a solid shooter. He is an inconsistent shooter
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2023, 07:55:59 PM »
He’s a one trick pony, who is totally unplayable if not hitting from 3. We needed another alternative from the portal

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2023, 07:58:00 PM »
Amadou, Hamilton, Owens, Parham.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2023, 08:04:17 PM »
Yeah…ummm…none of those are portal options. Big missed opportunity

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2023, 08:04:54 PM »
Amadou, Hamilton, Owens, Parham.
are they here now? love jop but the guy has been bad. No improvement. Slow as molasses. perfect 6th man type. Shaka missed on a transfer to replace
O max. Joplins not who you want starting on a supposed final four contender. His frosh year i said he was the next lazar.
He’s not but still think he can get better. Learn some post moves

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2023, 08:09:20 PM »
are they here now? love jop but the guy has been bad. No improvement. Slow as molasses. perfect 6th man type. Shaka missed on a transfer to replace
O max. Joplins not who you want starting on a supposed final four contender. His frosh year i said he was the next lazar.
He’s not but still think he can get better. Learn some post moves

Which transfer did you want?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2023, 08:12:12 PM »
Which transfer did you want?
idk all of them off hand. Could at least try. Shannon from Illinois is miles better. Novas burton or hart I’d rather have. You try to replace o max. Joplin ain’t him  oh Arthur kulmua.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2023, 12:08:32 PM »
Marquette preaches 'First Team Ready' all the time. That is one of Shaka's staples. UW was definitely that yesterday. Marquette made their run, but that's all it was. Play like they did to start the 2nd half from the tipoff and things probably go differently.

Rebounding was an issue yesterday. Marquette has the personnel to rebound. Ben and Oso are each 6'11" 235 pounds or so...you don't need to be bigger than that to rebound. You need effort. Oso was a no-show.  Kolek was only ok.  2 years in a row where our 2 best players were fairly limited in this contest.  2 years in a row though, where Kam was awesome. I loved how Stevie played. Hated how Joplin played. Chase, Ben, and Sean were somewhat non-factors because of fouling. Stay out of foul trouble early to give yourself a chance to be on the court late.

I'd love to see more Ben minutes, but that depends on him staying out of foul trouble. I'd love to see him and Oso out there together more often. Also love how Zaide rebounds. Maybe he can become a factor if Joplin continues to struggle. We have options to go to.

The atmosphere was awesome in arena yesterday. Loud crowd. I've been saying...UW-Madison is a good basketball team that can beat anyone in the Country. As can Marquette. This can be a great learning experience for this team, but that isn't a given. This should hurt, just like any loss should. Onto the next.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 12:10:29 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2023, 01:26:19 PM »
It’s ridiculous. Dude shoots 22% and thinks he’s got the green light. Had 4 wide open looks and bricked them all. There’s a reason you’re open. Needs to stop
He shoots mostly when he is left wide open. He is not forcing three's.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2023, 02:01:07 PM »
My kid.    Force of habit.

Force of Habit is an odd nickname but I guess it works if your kid dominates at consistency.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2023, 02:23:57 PM »
Need to replace Jolpin in line-up.  He is 6'8 and plays like 6'2.   If he isn't hitting 3's, he should be on bench.   Mitchell can't hit 3 pt either  Need a aggressive player who can slash or hit a 2 maybe. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2023, 02:26:06 PM »
Need to replace Jolpin in line-up.  He is 6'8 and plays like 6'2.   If he isn't hitting 3's, he should be on bench.   Mitchell can't hit 3 pt either  Need a aggressive player who can slash or hit a 2 maybe.
Lol the heights are so inflated on this team. Dude is 6”6 Tops.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2023, 02:26:20 PM »
And who would that be?   Not Ross.  Not Jones. A freshman with 15 total minutes?  Neither is playing better than JOPLIN.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 02:28:12 PM by tower912 »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »
I’d say give Ross a shot, he is a better defender and far more athletic with a far higher motor than Jop. If only to get Jop in as the sixth man, see if that mentally works better for him. Can’t be Gold as he is the only backup to Oso. If Jop has to start, get him the first shot.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2023, 03:19:32 PM »
I am of the opinion that 4 guards is a terrible option for a starting line up.  Especially for a team that switches 1-5 and has trouble rebounding.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2023, 03:39:15 PM »
Thanks, Dawn.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2023, 03:44:00 PM »
I am of the opinion that 4 guards is a terrible option for a starting line up.  Especially for a team that switches 1-5 and has trouble rebounding.

Generally agree, and would like to see a little shake up even if temporary to start the game with a little more aggressiveness. I’m fine with Jop starting, if he makes one early and shows some of the grit has has displayed at times earlier in the year. We have been good and close to winning while playing poorly even as Jop has been awful, so maybe it’s all good. He can’t play much worse

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2023, 05:56:23 PM »
I’d say give Ross a shot, he is a better defender and far more athletic with a far higher motor than Jop. If only to get Jop in as the sixth man, see if that mentally works better for him. Can’t be Gold as he is the only backup to Oso. If Jop has to start, get him the first shot.

yes, but ross has shown a propensity to get into foul trouble quickly and it diminishes his usability.  if he were able to stay on the floor for longer periods of time-yesyesyes
don't...don't don't don't don't

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »
  yes, but ross has shown a propensity to get into foul trouble quickly and it diminishes his usability.  if he were able to stay on the floor for longer periods of time-yesyesyes

No doubt

feedback