[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Better Believe  (Read 21189 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Better Believe
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
I feel your pain. I had to attend a double date cooking class...hey sometimes things happen. Big win! Hope to watch a replay in the next day or so
Wow.......dude.
We had our company Xmas party on Dec 8th. I said sorry haven’t missed a MU/UW game (home or road) in 10 years. Not gonna start now for an Xmas party.

MuMark

• All American

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
Wow.......dude.
We had our company Xmas party on Dec 8th. I said sorry haven’t missed a MU/UW game (home or road) in 10 years. Not gonna start now for an Xmas party.

Man card revoked - lol!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2018, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, I don't care enough to click on anybody's profile, as I'm not into stalking. But yeah.

what's he a "guru" of?  "stalking"?  betcha wouldn't have responded that way to one of your buds.  i look at it more as opposition research though  ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »
Man card revoked - lol!

yes, that and the cooking class.  i guess it coulda been worse... like a sewing class

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2018, 03:54:16 PM »
All was predicted in the Golden Power Point. Those that believed early are being rewarded. Those that are just believing now are just as welcome. Even one of the apostles needed to see in order to believe.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
yes, that and the cooking class.  i guess it coulda been worse... like a sewing class

Some guys wear panties on their head. Other guys wear panties.
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
All was predicted in the Golden Power Point. Those that believed early are being rewarded. Those that are just believing now are just as welcome. Even one of the apostles needed to see in order to believe.

Actually everyone is being rewarded regardless of belief.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »
Actually that OT win over Louisville was the game the team actually believed they could win a competitive game. Coming from behind and taking that game into overtime showed that they can be tough especially after that stinker half against Kansas.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
I cheer for MU with every fiber in my body. But I can't give faux praise or say I see something that isn't there. After some early bumps, this team has earned the praise I always prefer giving. I'm excited like I haven't been in years. But I don't apologize for being skeptical after the IU and KU games. The team earned that skepticism, too.

I mostly agree with this.

Indiana was a debacle, start to finish. No way to sugarcoat it. Played soft and scared.

But, against Kansas we were an equal or better team for 30 minutes out of 40. The Kansas and Louisville games made me go back to my earlier belief that this is a good enough team to win the BE.

We are a solid Top 20 team until proven otherwise.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2018, 04:44:42 PM »
Actually everyone is being rewarded regardless of belief.

That's what I said Brother Frenn. All are equally welcome in the victory brought by our Polish Prophet!  The true believers, the beef and cheddar eaters, band members, and high school dunkers, all bask in the golden light of the most holy of power points.

Except fans of the rodent and ND (sucks), they are not welcome in paradise
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2018, 12:13:42 AM »
Des Moines????

Minneapolis April 6-8  !!!!

Ugh... even the Bloomington hotels have blacked out the entire week in their reservation book. 

$225/nt at Mystic 4/5-4/9
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2018, 05:24:46 AM »
We can never be critical of this team from here on out because we beat 3 teams ranked in the top 15 in non conference play. From here on out it must be nothing but sunshine and rainbows. Everyone stfu and bow down to wades...

But seriously, there is always going to be highs and lows, this board exists to talk about both. The fact that some posters think this team didn’t have serious flaws early in the season is laughable. Glad to see the coaching has improved and the boys are playing at a very high level.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2018, 08:10:03 AM »
Ugh... even the Bloomington hotels have blacked out the entire week in their reservation book. 

$225/nt at Mystic 4/5-4/9

That's why I have already secured a spot on Chili's foldout couch.   ;D

And I hear JB is turning his house into a brothel for the weekend.
Have some patience, FFS.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »
After Villanova lost to both Furman and Penn my stance went from being 2nd to winning the thing outright. This has nothing to do with Marquette playing better or worse than expected but Nova getting more losses in Conference than I thought so originally.

This Marquette team is damn good and I would take it over the E8 team for 2013 even if we don't make it that far. I have been saying since the K-state game that this team will end up with a 2-3 seed in the NCAA tournament. The only think this team has yet to prove is that they can win on the road. They had 1 test so far and bombed it at Indiana but most teams would have there.

I think 15-3 in conference and winning big east gives them a 2 with an outside of a 1. Everyone can call me crazy but we have so many pure shooters on this team we are going to be hard to stop

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2018, 08:35:20 AM »
   "And I hear JB is turning his house into a brothel for the weekend."

i heard the cheerleader themed ones go over pretty well around these extravaganzas eyn'a?  the foldout couch is an efficient use of space too ;) but can be a little more taxing on the smalls of the back, lumbar and cervical regions as reported by the increase in the demands by regional chiropractic visits.   

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »

Just for the weekend?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »

Thank god my cousin and his family and my aunt and uncle now live in Minneapolis, free lodging AND I can claim it as a family trip
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
We can never be critical of this team from here on out because we beat 3 teams ranked in the top 15 in non conference play. From here on out it must be nothing but sunshine and rainbows. Everyone stfu and bow down to wades...

But seriously, there is always going to be highs and lows, this board exists to talk about both. The fact that some posters think this team didn’t have serious flaws early in the season is laughable. Glad to see the coaching has improved and the boys are playing at a very high level.

Lol always love the tough guy.

People whine and cry and then when they’re proven wrong they can’t take it.

Laughable? The team got smoked in their first true road game playing in a top 3 toughest place to play in the country and then lost to the top ranked team in the country on a neutral site and people were claiming nothing has changed and year 5 is done, we can put a fork in Wojo. Yup, 5 games in and our season was over. Talk about laughable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2018, 09:39:49 AM »
This team is probably going to enter conference play at 11-2.     I do not expect the rest of the season to be seashells and balloons.    MU is 1-2 away from the Fiserv Forum.    MU has to play 9 games on the road in conference.    The Big East is not the gauntlet it has been the last few years but I still think that expecting >4 road conference wins is a stretch.   
11-2 is where a lot of people thought this team would be.   No need to gloat.    If it had gone south, I would have criticized Wojo.    I just did not think that a loss at Assembly Hall or a neutral floor loss to Kansas was so traumatic and dramatic to require torches and pitchforks.    If MU had gone 0-fer against the high majors, I could see it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
This team is probably going to enter conference play at 11-2.     I do not expect the rest of the season to be seashells and balloons.    MU is 1-2 away from the Fiserv Forum.    MU has to play 9 games on the road in conference.    The Big East is not the gauntlet it has been the last few years but I still think that expecting >4 road conference wins is a stretch.   
11-2 is where a lot of people thought this team would be.   No need to gloat.    If it had gone south, I would have criticized Wojo.    I just did not think that a loss at Assembly Hall or a neutral floor loss to Kansas was so traumatic and dramatic to require torches and pitchforks.    If MU had gone 0-fer against the high majors, I could see it.   

Greater than 4 road conferences losses? To who?

I got DePaul, Creighton, X, Seton Hall, Georgetown, and Providence as wins right now and honestly I think we probably beat SJU.

Only Nova and Butler I’m less confident about, and only because Butler has been a house of horrors for Marquette.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2018, 10:53:07 AM »
Lol always love the tough guy.

People whine and cry and then when they’re proven wrong they can’t take it.

Laughable? The team got smoked in their first true road game playing in a top 3 toughest place to play in the country and then lost to the top ranked team in the country on a neutral site and people were claiming nothing has changed and year 5 is done, we can put a fork in Wojo. Yup, 5 games in and our season was over. Talk about laughable.

What's laughable is your allegiance to Kansas being the Top team in the country.  Archie Miller no doubt is doing a great job in Year 2 at Indiana, yet he was only able to coach them to a 2-point victory over Northwestern at home, and a 1-point win over Louisville.

Look, I know its been an incredibly long time for you to have some legitimate optimism over Wojo being able to actually get the job done - 4.5 years - yet we are 30 in Pomeroy.  There are guys like Archie at 22 in Year 2, and Buzz at Number 9 at a program that was a true rebuild with not basketball tradition.

Fact is the job turned in thus far has been so mediocre, that the start to this season has us ecstatic because it has been such a slow climb.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »
What's laughable is your allegiance to Kansas being the Top team in the country.  Archie Miller no doubt is doing a great job in Year 2 at Indiana, yet he was only able to coach them to a 2-point victory over Northwestern at home, and a 1-point win over Louisville.

Look, I know its been an incredibly long time for you to have some legitimate optimism over Wojo being able to actually get the job done - 4.5 years - yet we are 30 in Pomeroy.  There are guys like Archie at 22 in Year 2, and Buzz at Number 9 at a program that was a true rebuild with not basketball tradition.

Fact is the job turned in thus far has been so mediocre, that the start to this season has us ecstatic because it has been such a slow climb.

Have you ever considered that one of the reasons it took this long is because Wojo has been committed to doing this in a sustainable way with kids the university is proud to have as representatives?  That's exactly what the university wanted.  The days of covered up sexual assaults was OVER.  Even if it meant a long dry spell.  The university recommitted itself to its primary mission over the sugar rush of momentary success.  Buzz had committed to giving the underprivileged a helping hand.  Was that genuine or simply a convenient means to an end?  We will never really know.  Most of those kids were great but some where not.  That was ending big time. And for those who value winning over ALL else and at ANY costs, disappointment was sure to follow. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »

<shrug>  I was legitimately optimistic the moment he landed Henry. 

Wojoman

• Walk-On
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2018, 11:53:56 AM »
Have you ever considered that one of the reasons it took this long is because Wojo has been committed to doing this in a sustainable way with kids the university is proud to have as representatives?  That's exactly what the university wanted.  The days of covered up sexual assaults was OVER.  Even if it meant a long dry spell.  The university recommitted itself to its primary mission over the sugar rush of momentary success.  Buzz had committed to giving the underprivileged a helping hand.  Was that genuine or simply a convenient means to an end?  We will never really know.  Most of those kids were great but some where not.  That was ending big time. And for those who value winning over ALL else and at ANY costs, disappointment was sure to follow.
[/quote.
Well done jsglow! "That's exactly what the university wanted" and that's exactly what we have with a talented winning team as a bonus.

feedback