Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rick Pitino  (Read 4329 times)

GGGG

• All American
Rick Pitino
« on: March 24, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
Say what you will, but this might be his best coaching job in quite a while.  This team looked dead after their road loss to Providence.

tower912

• All American
Re: Rick Pitino
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:39:39 PM »
I noticed that he chose to not foul, up 3.   But what does he know?   Agreed that this is his best coaching job in many years. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
What a great game, some really good players on the court, like Siva!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Free appetizers at Porcini's tonight.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, many, many, many in Louisville Land were speaking ill of Pitino around the time we beat them during the regular season.

He was going through the motions, he lost his team, fans/alums couldn't wait for him to retire, etc.

I'm guessing those folks are feeling like dopes right about now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

nyg

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »
What a great game, some really good players on the court, like Siva!

Behanan is just a great player and has gotten better as the year progressed.  Dieng causes havoc in the middle.  Kuric and the Smiths, when they are on, are dangerous.  Siva, love him or hate him, he is a very good PG.

Nice game Cards, representing the BE.....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
Nice win by the Cards, especially since the refs seemed to be trying to give it to Florida. At least 2 of Siva's fouls were highly questionable.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Where is our boy "Al Gator".  Eatin' a ton of "D" right now.  I hate that guy.  If I knew him, and he happened to be right and all, but if my boys weren't here right now I'd plow that bro.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, many, many, many in Louisville Land were speaking ill of Pitino around the time we beat them during the regular season.

He was going through the motions, he lost his team, fans/alums couldn't wait for him to retire, etc.

I'm guessing those folks are feeling like dopes right about now.

Some of our fans were speaking the same way about Pitino.  Some of our fans were speaking the same way about one of our former coaches.  Or about John Groce.  Or the hiring of Steve Lavin.  Or NC State's hiring of Gottfried.  Dopes aplenty, but that's the nature of message boards.  We all say something stupid and we all look like dopes from time to time.  No big deal.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Where is our boy "Al Gator".  Eatin' a ton of "D" right now.  I hate that guy.  If I knew him, and he happened to be right and all, but if my boys weren't here right now I'd plow that bro.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
I really hate to say this, but all Al Gator has to do to anyone who busts him here is post a picture of the Florida-MU final scoreboard.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
Know I will get bashed for this but always got a kick out of Rick. To me he has a lot of similarities to Al in regards to style, body language and how he talks. The guy always ha created a buzz around himself and thought it was very cool. In today's world to get a lot of attention is more difficult and Rick still commands the spotlight.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 12:32:36 AM »
I noticed that he chose to not foul, up 3.   But what does he know?   Agreed that this is his best coaching job in many years. 

I noticed Bill Self tonight chose to foul, up 3.  He's now playing for the national title with former Marquette guard Tyshawn Taylor.  Some coaches like to foul in that situation, some do not.  But what does he know?

I'm happy for Taylor.  He got his dream.  Would love to see them knock off Kentucky, but don't think it will happen.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 12:40:02 AM »
My favorite thing about Rick Pitino is that he gets on his players more than he gets on the referees. Like every coach, he gets in the ref's ear, but he's more concerned about talking to his players and making sure they correct things than he is looking for calls. Very few coaches today do that.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »
Know I will get bashed for this but always got a kick out of Rick. To me he has a lot of similarities to Al in regards to style, body language and how he talks. The guy always ha created a buzz around himself and thought it was very cool. In today's world to get a lot of attention is more difficult and Rick still commands the spotlight.

I tend to agree. I've come to realize I like him much more than I thought I did. Then again, maybe he I becoming a bit more likable in his old age.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
Lville and Pitino are great rivals for MU - a healthy rivalry - where both schools and its fans seem to respect the other.  Think a lot of MU fans have respect for Lville and Pitino (other than hazing him over the Porcini incident), and generally seems Lville fans have a respect for the MU program.  Some great games over the years.

On another note - I sure wish MU would have landed Gorgui Dieng - that kid is a monster and gonna be special.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »
I noticed Bill Self tonight chose to foul, up 3.  He's now playing for the national title with former Marquette guard Tyshawn Taylor.  Some coaches like to foul in that situation, some do not.  But what does he know?

I'm happy for Taylor.  He got his dream.  Would love to see them knock off Kentucky, but don't think it will happen.

Clark Kellogg said fouling should only be done when up by 3 with less than 6 seconds. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »
Clark Kellogg said fouling should only be done when up by 3 with less than 6 seconds. 

Clark Kellogg is a smart guy.  My preference would be under 5 seconds, but seems the right call.  Not every coach agrees, nor every poster here.  Last night it was the right call and KU is in the Final.  Pitino chose a different route.  Both succeeded. 

feedback