collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 375745 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1650 on: March 02, 2021, 11:07:24 PM »
We were taking about masks so my comments were on his messaging around masks given the context of the conversation.  Of course it wasn’t his or the administrations only mistake but I think it was the most egregious.  But to say their response was a national disaster is hyperbole, even for you amigo.

More dead Americans than in all the wars combined since 1950. I'd hate to see what you consider a national disaster. Amigo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1651 on: March 02, 2021, 11:17:04 PM »
More dead Americans than in all the wars combined since 1950. I'd hate to see what you consider a national disaster. Amigo.

Oh Covid is no doubt a national disaster, never questioned that.  When a once in a lifetime pandemic hits death follows and over 20% of those deaths have happened on your boys watch after promising us he’d shut this virus down.  The federal govt threw everything and the kitchen sink at this thing, some of it worked and some of it didn’t.

You know as well as I there was little any elected official could do to slow this thing down anymore then we did.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1652 on: March 02, 2021, 11:17:22 PM »
Not ignorant, reality-proofed. Observable reality doesn't stand a chance against the fantasy world they've constructed for themselves.

You 3 numbnuts, tell me exactly what Joe Biden has done to contribute to vaccine production and distribution.   No whataboutisms, no name calling, no references to Trump. Just tell me exactly Joe Biden has done in 6 weeks to make this happen.

Put up or shut up.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1653 on: March 02, 2021, 11:17:51 PM »
there was little any elected official could do to slow this thing down anymore then we did.

HAH!

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1654 on: March 03, 2021, 02:00:42 AM »
You 3 numbnuts, tell me exactly what Joe Biden has done to contribute to vaccine production and distribution.   No whataboutisms, no name calling, no references to Trump. Just tell me exactly Joe Biden has done in 6 weeks to make this happen.

Put up or shut up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-merck-co-dpa/white-house-using-defense-production-act-to-equip-merck-plants-for-johnson-johnson-vaccine-idUSKCN2AU2AX?il=0

Here is one thing.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1655 on: March 03, 2021, 05:15:43 AM »

Put up or shut up.

They used the defense production act to help Pfizer get equipment.  Since Pfizer wasn’t accepting money in OWS they weren’t previously getting support

They worked with moderna to increase the vial size to Eliminate a manufacturing bottleneck. 

They improved the dose forecasting and extended the window of the forecast so the states knew what to expect and could plan vaccinations with better certainty

They did the work to authorize pharmacy delivered vaccine and are supporting starting clinics

It’s boring stuff and I guess you could argue none of it means anything...but it’s hard to say they haven’t done things to try to increase production or vaccines in arms.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1656 on: March 03, 2021, 06:17:55 AM »
They used the defense production act to help Pfizer get equipment.  Since Pfizer wasn’t accepting money in OWS they weren’t previously getting support

They worked with moderna to increase the vial size to Eliminate a manufacturing bottleneck. 

They improved the dose forecasting and extended the window of the forecast so the states knew what to expect and could plan vaccinations with better certainty

They did the work to authorize pharmacy delivered vaccine and are supporting starting clinics

It’s boring stuff and I guess you could argue none of it means anything...but it’s hard to say they haven’t done things to try to increase production or vaccines in arms.

I'll note that between these and the J&J/Merck agreement it has accelerated the timeline to deliver doses to the adult US population to be completed this summer, instead of the timeline under Trump policies of sometime in 2022.

That's kind of a big deal and will save 100's of thousands of lives.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1657 on: March 03, 2021, 06:24:35 AM »
Can’t wait to hear this spin coming. I’d imagine we’ll get silence instead though. To pretend the Biden administration has done absolutely nothing besides let things continue as they were to accelerate the timeline of getting past this pandemic is willful ignorance to the extreme.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:26:32 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1658 on: March 03, 2021, 06:43:12 AM »
You know they also bought more Pfizer and Moderna to cover the country.  This put an end date on things and used J&J as an upside (pulling forward the full vaccination period).  The strategy in the fall was to not contract more and use j&j to be the doses that get us to full vaccine. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1659 on: March 03, 2021, 06:57:40 AM »

You know as well as I there was little any elected official could do to slow this thing down anymore then we did.

I do not know that at all, and neither do you if you're willing to finally be honest.

For starters, not only did the previous president fail to make things better, he personally contributed to the spreading of death and disease by insisting upon holding super-spreader events against the strong recommendation of his own science advisers. That's not "bad messaging." That's willful neglect - sacrificing Americans just so he could hear his worshipers chant his name.

Anybody who cares about facts could list a dozen or more examples of his ineptitude, selfishness and dishonesty contributing significantly to America having 4% of the world's population but 20% of its COVID-19 deaths. You simply prefer not to acknowledge what likely will go down in history as the biggest failure in the history of the presidency.

Thank goodness we now have a president who doesn't simply shrug and say, "They are dying. That's true. It is what it is."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1660 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:16 AM »
As I said two 6 weeks ago, 100 million in a hundred days was the base.  Will far exceed that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1661 on: March 03, 2021, 07:30:44 AM »
I'll note that between these and the J&J/Merck agreement it has accelerated the timeline to deliver doses to the adult US population to be completed this summer, instead of the timeline under Trump policies of sometime in 2022.

That's kind of a big deal and will save 100's of thousands of lives.

Psaki admitted yesterday after being called out by the media for taking credit for something they didn’t have much involvement with Merck/j&j news. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1662 on: March 03, 2021, 07:33:52 AM »

To add:

-- They've used FEMA to set up vaccination centers, leasing the needed sites and equipment, provide doses, provide PPE, provide training, provide logistics, and provide personnel to community centers to increase vaccinations
-- They are reimbursing local authorities for using the National Guard to speed up distribution
-- They are working directly with retailers (CVS, Walgreens) to speed up vaccination rate
-- They've almost doubled the rate vaccine production
-- As noted above, states now have insight in advance on how many doses to expect so that they can optimize distribution.

The Trump admin philosophy was that their responsibility ended at getting the drugs approved and thereafter all the responsibility fell on the states and jurisdictions, which meant 58 different ways to do things, all uncoordinated with the supply.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1663 on: March 03, 2021, 07:37:41 AM »
To add:

-- They've used FEMA to set up vaccination centers, leasing the needed sites and equipment, provide doses, provide PPE, provide training, provide logistics, and provide personnel to community centers to increase vaccinations
-- They are reimbursing local authorities for using the National Guard to speed up distribution
-- They are working directly with retailers (CVS, Walgreens) to speed up vaccination rate
-- As noted above, states now have insight in advance on how many doses to expect so that they can optimize distribution.

The Trump admin philosophy was that their responsibility ended at getting the drugs approved and thereafter all the responsibility fell on the states and jurisdictions, which meant 58 different ways to do things, all uncoordinated with the supply.

Slurp slurp

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1664 on: March 03, 2021, 07:39:09 AM »
Psaki admitted yesterday after being called out by the media for taking credit for something they didn’t have much involvement with Merck/j&j news.

Actually, she didn't ... and you forgot to include the Fox News link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-biden-trump-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-merck

After Psaki acknowledged JNJ and MRK had been planning the partnership earlier, she then outlined how the Biden Administration helped move it along. Her explanation went unchallenged by the Fox News reporter, who surely would have found a way to belittle it if he had grounds to do so.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1665 on: March 03, 2021, 07:43:22 AM »
Joe Biden Botches Democrats’ Names, Asks ‘What Am I Doing Here?’
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:55:21 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1666 on: March 03, 2021, 07:45:50 AM »

Put up or shut up.
It's particularly awesome that we "numbnuts" are required to prove it with "no name calling".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1667 on: March 03, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »
Slurp slurp
Reality has a liberal bias

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1668 on: March 03, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »
Actually, she didn't ... and you forgot to include the Fox News link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-biden-trump-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-merck

After Psaki acknowledged JNJ and MRK had been planning the partnership earlier, she then outlined how the Biden Administration helped move it along. Her explanation went unchallenged by the Fox News reporter, who surely would have found a way to belittle it if he had grounds to do so.

She tried to spin her way out of it but it’s obvious to anyone without a 100% partisan view to the timeline of that partnership.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1669 on: March 03, 2021, 08:17:10 AM »

To add:

Kinda hilarious that Ziggy tells people to "put up or shut up" and then just disappears when people actually accept his challenge.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1670 on: March 03, 2021, 08:18:03 AM »
Joe Biden Botches Democrats’ Names, Asks ‘What Am I Doing Here?’

Biden's been botching names for years.

Honestly if that's all ya got, why do you even try?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1671 on: March 03, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »

Biden's been botching names for years.

Honestly if that's all ya got, why do you even try?

My favorite Trump ones were him calling Nepal, "Nipple," and Bhutan, "Button,".

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1672 on: March 03, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »
Speaking of vaccines....

Some good news and bad news from the most recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll on the willingness of American adults to voluntarily get a Covid vaccine. Good news: more people are ready to get it asap. Bad news: 22% still say they won't get it at all, or will get it only if mandated by the gubmint.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-february-2021/

Good to see the numbers trending upward, but we still need them to get higher if we want to be fairly certain to achieve herd immunity.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1673 on: March 03, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »
NM

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1674 on: March 03, 2021, 09:03:47 AM »
Speaking of vaccines....

Some good news and bad news from the most recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll on the willingness of American adults to voluntarily get a Covid vaccine. Good news: more people are ready to get it asap. Bad news: 22% still say they won't get it at all, or will get it only if mandated by the gubmint.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-february-2021/

Good to see the numbers trending upward, but we still need them to get higher if we want to be fairly certain to achieve herd immunity.

If by the end of May you’re an able bodied adult who willingly chose not to get one of the vaccines then any illness or death that comes from it is something they’ll need to reconcile with.  You can lead a horse to water.....

Come June 1 every state should announce they’re back to a full reopening, any delay beyond that is nothing more then gubmint trying to keep their boots on the throats of us little guys.

feedback