[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette fires Scott Monarch. Suspends HC Buzz Williams for one League game  (Read 87204 times)

96warrior

• Team Captain

Yeah, this is why I think he should get more than one game.  Its...just...squirmy...

Still not seeing why Buzz should get more than one game. His missing any games is a self (self meaning school, not Buzz) imposed sanction, which is a more of a gesture to indicate the understanding that ultimately, the head coach is responsible for the conduct of his staff. But if Buzz knew nothing of Monarch's dishonesty along the way, why should he be punished? Monarch probably lied to him, too.

GGGG

• All American
MY GOD!!!!!

And Majerus is stepping down due to "heart issues."  From SLU.  And who does LW want us to turn into???

real chili 83

• All American
Guys
Connect the dots. We had more game suspensions than ever before, Buzz chatted with SMU and has lost power. Game over on Buzz being the same Buzz he has been. He either toes the line or he moves on. They brass does not like Buzz's act and that is factual. Something has to give for Buzz to be here long term and I doubt if we get new president.

Goose, you may be spot on with the admin.  If so, they should get it over with.  Otherwise, treat the HC like he is the HC.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:44:38 PM by real chili 83 »

Bocephys

• All American
MY GOD!!!!!

And Majerus is stepping down due to "heart issues."  From SLU.  And who does LW want us to turn into???

I assume Majerus "stepped down" so he could take over Buzz's job.

GGGG

• All American
Still not seeing why Buzz should get more than one game. His missing any games is a self (self meaning school, not Buzz) imposed sanction, which is a more of a gesture to indicate the understanding that ultimately, the head coach is responsible for the conduct of his staff. But if Buzz knew nothing of Monarch's dishonesty along the way, why should he be punished? Monarch probably lied to him, too.

Frankly...maybe I'm just annoyed with him.  There are a lot of things I like about the guy...but there are things that really bother me.  There just seems to be something....squirmy....about him.

GGGG

• All American
I assume Majerus "stepped down" so he could take over Buzz's job.

I'm kidding...it's in teal.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Side note/question - the eff is Dangerous Don Walker writing this article again? Does Mu not have a beat writer at the Urinel Sentinel?

real chili 83

• All American
MY GOD!!!!!

ND?  Yep, Digger is a role model   :D

Goose

• All American
Real
Admin calls the shots and they determine direction of program. This deal just gives them more reasons to change directions. If similar issues continue we will be hoping we are SLU.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Side note/question - the eff is Dangerous Don Walker writing this article again? Does Mu not have a beat writer at the Urinel Sentinel?

Exactly my thoughts. And just look at his JS profile picture it screams child molester.

The Process

• All American

I don't know what's worse, him or Platydouche writing MU articles.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Bocephys

• All American
I'm kidding...it's in teal.

As was I, just too lazy to teal it and thought it was fairly obvious.

murara1994

• Starter

Frankly...maybe I'm just annoyed with him.  There are a lot of things I like about the guy...but there are things that really bother me.  There just seems to be something....squirmy....about him.

OK, but that's not enough of a justification to say that he deserves more punishment.  Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

real chili 83

• All American
Real
Admin calls the shots and they determine direction of program. This deal just gives them more reasons to change directions. If similar issues continue we will be hoping we are SLU.

Don't disagree with you.  Buzz was hired to be HC.  He should know the rules, and run the program accordingly.  If he is brought info that says a staff member strayed, HE should be making the right decision.  If not, he is not the right leader.

An AD should be mentoring the HC's under his/her charge.  

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Don't disagree with you.  Buzz was hired to be HC.  He should know the rules, and run the program accordingly.  If he is brought info that says a staff member strayed, HE should be making the right decision.  If not, he is not the right leader.

That may be the case, but still, the statement-decision comes frorm the AD. It gives off a nasty stench if Buzz makes the announcement. people would be screaming for Buzz head and "cover up!!" and then he says, "oh yeah, im suspended a game too!" nope.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Nothing squirmy about Buzz. Though he's learned to choose the right words for fuller effect in the recent years.

Squirmy is Crean. The self-aggrandizing, sycophantic, Joyce Meyer retweeting, Jeezy-following HC.
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American

I don't think you understand something.  The entire basketball program was being investigated.  Buzz can't lead the investigation into his own program.

Goose

• All American
Real
If you think assistant strayed you are crazy. Buzz knows everything and that is why the problem.

77ncaachamps
Buzz is slick and loose lipped...bad combination if you have a boss.

GGGG

• All American
Nothing squirmy about Buzz. Though he's learned to choose the right words for fuller effect in the recent years.

Squirmy is Crean. The self-aggrandizing, sycophantic, Joyce Meyer retweeting, Jeezy-following HC.

Yeah...and you know what's worse?  Dipsh*ts like you who keep bringing him up after he's been gone five years.

GGGG

• All American
Real
If you think assistant strayed you are crazy. Buzz knows everything and that is why the problem.

77ncaachamps
Buzz is slick and loose lipped...bad combination if you have a boss.

Yeah...this is what concerns me...and the administration obviously.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Real

Unless you are accusing LW of lying about the results of a school initiated independent investigation into potential NCAA violations (Unimaginable under these circumstances), then you can't escape that fact that the investigation found no evidence of Buzz's knowledge of the violations or the lying about it by Monarch.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

AirPunches

• All American
Don't think it has been mentioned yet but does anybody have an idea who the recruit may be? Mainly wondering if it will affect this year's team or a player that is already signed on for next year.

Also, how many official visits do teams get per year?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:08:50 AM by MARQ_13 »

NersEllenson

• All American
I sure hope we can get a new coach at Marquette who will never make a mistake, be 100% perfect in his conduct for his boss at all times, while simultaneously leading us to consistent NIT births.

There is "squirm" across the board in high major college basketball.  Either you push up as far against that line as possible, perhaps at some schools cross it on occasion, or you turn into a non-factor, 2nd tier program.

Personally, I'd prefer MU to remain a high profile, Top 20 program and have a blemish or two on occasion, as opposed to being an NIT program that never has any issues.  Ironically, MU very well could become that NIT program and still have issues.  Mike Deane took us to that place 14 years ago.

At least Buzz doesn't go out and get wasted after games, cheat on his wife, and engage in other bad behavior.

The self righteous, holier than thou types are always the scariest when they get in a position of authority.  We likely will see the outcome of such soon, should Buzz leave.  Only way he doesn't leave is if his loyalty to his players/recruits just is too deep that he can't walk out on them.  Bottom line...Buzz leaves...pretty sure you will see a lot of the 2013 class seek to transfer.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

4everwarriors

• All American
I thought the wording at the beginning of the ESPN article was somewhat telling.
"Marquette coach Buzz Williams announced the dismissal of assistant Scott Monarch on Friday,"

LW did not have to allow Buzz to make that announcement, especially when Buzz himself is facing a suspension.  So, I'm thinking that that was a smart move on LW's part to avoid having more suspicion fall upon Buzz. Class move.

Part of Buzz' punishment. Like writing on the blackboard 500 times, "I will not hire cheaters."
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
I'm just worried that if LW chases Buzz away then hires his own nobody guy and he turns out to be a bad coach this team will be sent into dark ages.

Bingo
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback