'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler Beats Indiana in OT  (Read 19468 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Butler up 2 on #1 Indiana
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
Welcome to the C7, Dawgs.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
We beat UW, Butler beats Indiana.  A good year.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Butler Beats Indiana in OT
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
So B1G gets interesting now that Indianapolis is exposed. Butrler & Illionois better than expected?
Goal is National Championship

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Welcome to the C7, Dawgs.

Gonna be great to watch Stevens steal Crean's lunch money every year for our conference!  This is the last time Indiana sniffs #1 this year.  Duke & Florida are clearly better.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Butler Beats Indiana in OT
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
Did we really need 6 threads?  Merged.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
And just fun to watch the end of that game. 

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
Paradoxically, that loss looks WAY less bad now, but I'm much more frustrated about it now.  Damn, we should have won that game in Maui.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
With 3 starters on the bench (fouled out) Stevens has a walk on take Hulls to the basket for the game winner. Unreal.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
That was a great college basketball game...and atmosphere.  What a game.  Good for MU's RPI..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »
That was a great college basketball game...and atmosphere.  What a game.  Good for MU's RPI..

+1  Great college basketball game.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
What channel was it on? Unless your all watching it on ESPN3 which I cannot get. Was not shown here in Jersey.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »
What channel was it on? Unless your all watching it on ESPN3 which I cannot get. Was not shown here in Jersey.

CBS

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
Gonna be great to watch Stevens steal Crean's lunch money every year for our conference!  This is the last time Indiana sniffs #1 this year.  Duke & Florida are clearly better.

7 hours later, Florida loses.

boyonthedock

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
which was also a good game, that I was amazed florida lost. they seemed to dominate from tip to end except the score says different. Wouldn't be surprised to see UF cutting down nets in april, to be honest. That 3 pt shooting is unreal.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 10:15:15 AM »
which was also a good game, that I was amazed florida lost. they seemed to dominate from tip to end except the score says different. Wouldn't be surprised to see UF cutting down nets in april, to be honest. That 3 pt shooting is unreal.

The Gators lost because they choked hard in the last minute. One of the best Christmas gifts ever doled out.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
7 hours later, Florida loses.

...to a stacked Arizona team on the road... but why leave that out right?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »
The Gators lost because they choked hard in the last minute. One of the best Christmas gifts ever doled out.

A little home cooking worked as well.  It appears the new rule in basketball is if you are dribbling and the defender makes contact to jar the ball loose it is NOT a foul.

However, if you are shooting and make lighter contact it IS a foul.  This was the formula for Zona's success in the last three minutes.

Didn't watch the whole game I presume the refs allowed major fouls on the ball handler all game?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
...to a stacked Arizona team on the road... but why leave that out right?

Every team is going to lose a few games.  IU went 10 minutes without scoring a FG yesterday, you're going to lose when that happens.  Florida playing like they did down the stretch, they deserved to lose.  Duke will lose a game or two as well.  This is college basketball. 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Every team is going to lose a few games.  IU went 10 minutes without scoring a FG yesterday, you're going to lose when that happens.  Florida playing like they did down the stretch, they deserved to lose.  Duke will lose a game or two as well.  This is college basketball. 

Because I said either of those teams would go undefeated? IU is undoubtedly a top 5 team, they just aren't #1.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »
Because I said either of those teams would go undefeated? IU is undoubtedly a top 5 team, they just aren't #1.

Actually you said they would never sniff #1 again, which I'm not sure what that means.  Is top 5 sniffing #1?  Is #2 sniffing #1?  More than likely, there will be 4 or 5 teams (sometimes repeat teams) that occupy the number 1 spot this year.  I would be surprised if anyone in the Big Ten occupies it for a long because there are 3 teams arguably in the top 5 in the nation from that conference alone.  The SEC and ACC aren't very good top to bottom, so less chances to get knocked off.  Same goes for Arizona in the Pac 12.  Rankings are what they are...fun for the fans and for voters who often don't know what they are doing or don't care.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
Actually you said they would never sniff #1 again, which I'm not sure what that means.  Is top 5 sniffing #1?  Is #2 sniffing #1?  More than likely, there will be 4 or 5 teams (sometimes repeat teams) that occupy the number 1 spot this year.  I would be surprised if anyone in the Big Ten occupies it for a long because there are 3 teams arguably in the top 5 in the nation from that conference alone.  The SEC and ACC aren't very good top to bottom, so less chances to get knocked off.  Same goes for Arizona in the Pac 12.  Rankings are what they are...fun for the fans and for voters who often don't know what they are doing or don't care.

Precisely for the reasons you just mentioned, they will not be ranked #1 again. Thanks for making my argument for me? And when did I say rankings actually mean anything?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

You also almost never lose with a FT advantage like they had (IU).  IU got the benefit of the doubt on all calls but couldn't pull it out.

They got out coached and out willed.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
  IU went 10 minutes without scoring a FG yesterday.

Some things never change no matter how much talent one recruits.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »
I've said that Crean's biggest weakness is in-game adjustments, exacerbated by his inability to recruit bigs.   I think I will amend that to his biggest weakness is game coaching through adversity.  When things turn against him, he struggles to get his team to right the ship. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
I've said that Crean's biggest weakness is in-game adjustments, exacerbated by his inability to recruit bigs.   I think I will amend that to his biggest weakness is game coaching through adversity.  When things turn against him, he struggles to get his team to right the ship. 

Frankly, he turns cheerleader and tries to get the crowd involved.

feedback