[Today at 09:49:41 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating Question  (Read 18998 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Reseating Question
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
Why do you think that?   Coming off a great Dance, attendance was solid last year, program appears to be on a stable or upward trajectory.   I think the season ticket holder counts have increased every year for quite some time.  Why a decrease next year?

I'd say it used to be worse.  10 years ago, I'd say the lower bowl could be 60% full for a cupcake.  Now it's 80+ or better.  Still could be a few thousand empties, but now tons of families bring their kids for those fluff games.
I wrote why I think that. Seat donations went up.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »
Did you have season tickets at the Mecca?
No
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
I just upgraded my seats by one row, although in a different quadrant of the arena.

Will any other scoopers be joining muwarrior87 and myself in section 424?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »
I think a lot of people are downgrading. Our seats in 441 are already gone. We had no problem 2 years ago renewing them. A lot of lower bowl seats still available that are normally gone.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
So am I to understand that some faculty who have had season tickets for 20+ years are exempt from re-seating?  What a travesty.  When will the world of higher education realize that 2 years of monetary contributions to a university is much more valuable to its mission than 30 years of non-monetary contributions?

Irony aside, I downgraded to $125 this year.  Section 208 Row H was probably the best available when I selected yesterday... plenty of seats in the endzone downstairs, even some aisle seats below the concourse.  I'm going to be perfectly happy with my savings of nearly $2000 and some crappy seats amongst people who actually care about the game being played.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 10:43:11 PM »
Less than 24 hours to my pick and there's plenty of room for me to upgrade, though not as good as I had hoped. Still, I think there's a realistic chance for me to go from Row M in one of the $275 corners to Rows F-H. I can live with that.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »
Less than 24 hours to my pick and there's plenty of room for me to upgrade, though not as good as I had hoped. Still, I think there's a realistic chance for me to go from Row M in one of the $275 corners to Rows F-H. I can live with that.
What section were you in last season?
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:48 AM »
I think a lot of people are downgrading. Our seats in 441 are already gone. We had no problem 2 years ago renewing them. A lot of lower bowl seats still available that are normally gone.

Ya, I looked at the map last night. There are many seats open behind the basket area.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 08:00:24 AM »
I don't find it odd there are seats behind the hoop in the lower bowl available.    I can see the math of $1340 for 2 seats behind the basket with a crappy view, versus $900 uppers, row D with the "best" upper view.  Or $550 for a corner, row E, which still has a pretty good view.

What I am somewhat surprised at is Sec 219, a corner next to the band .. about 20 seats open from row U and up.  Those are the same as 209 and 205, they're just close to all that noise.  Heavens to Betsy!

So, yeah, now that I look at it, I agree.  I think some people in the middle to lower point rankings have decided to move upstairs, either for economic or "view" reasons.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
I had seats in 219 when the Bradley Center first opened. I Think it was the third row. Sitting by the band was okay. The problem was the cheerleaders. They would hold up their signs and block my view of the game. I complained to them and it made no difference.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »
What section were you in last season?

I was in 425, Row M, 6-7 last year. Aside from loving the games, the highlight of the season was being known for winning the Ambassador free nights, which I did twice.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
We decided to give up our seats this year because we're planning on leaving the area before the halfway point of the season.  First time I've gone without since 1999 :(

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
What I am somewhat surprised at is Sec 219, a corner next to the band .. about 20 seats open from row U and up.  Those are the same as 209 and 205, they're just close to all that noise.  Heavens to Betsy!

So, yeah, now that I look at it, I agree.  I think some people in the middle to lower point rankings have decided to move upstairs, either for economic or "view" reasons.

Holy cow...I would love to grab two of those seats, but something tells me the girlfriend would be shaking her head if I spent that much on seats this year. Big difference between the $550 I plan to spend and the $1340 I'd be paying off for the next few months.

AhoyaX

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:50 AM »
We decided to give up our seats this year because we're planning on leaving the area before the halfway point of the season.  First time I've gone without since 1999 :(

You should probably still at least buy a single seat in the $125 sections to keep your points intact. Otherwise you're starting over from scratch next time you want to buy tix.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »
You should probably still at least buy a single seat in the $125 sections to keep your points intact. Otherwise you're starting over from scratch next time you want to buy tix.

Or get two and just put them up on Stubhub as soon as you can. With fewer cupcakes this year, you can probably get $25 a pair to the Big East and Vandy games, which will make all your money back if you can just sell those ones.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »

I was going to say the same thing.  I had seats for several years and dropped them when I moved out of state.  I moved back 3 years later and had to start from scratch again because I lost all the consecutive years points.  I'd recommend keeping 2 in the $125 section and continuing with at least the $100 donation to keep the streak alive.  Give them away to friends and family if you can't make it, or sell them through the season ticket holder system.  Even if you're asking under the normal $9 you'll probably sell most of them.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 09:36:41 AM »
I was in 425, Row M, 6-7 last year. Aside from loving the games, the highlight of the season was being known for winning the Ambassador free nights, which I did twice.

We were in 425 last year as well. Row G, seats 1-4, but 2 of our 4 seats were gone by the time of our appointment. Unwilling to move up to a higher row or upgrade to better seats, we ended up moving over a section to 426 in row E.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
Holy cow...I would love to grab two of those seats, but something tells me the girlfriend would be shaking her head if I spent that much on seats this year. Big difference between the $550 I plan to spend and the $1340 I'd be paying off for the next few months.

Find a different girlfriend.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »

Nah...she's right, I'm $18K in debt still from school and trying to fast-track the payments. When I told her about the 219 seats, she said "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be one of the old fogies wearing a moth-ball smelling sweater vest in no time". Upper level for 1-2 more reseating cycles, then I'll think about moving downstairs.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »
Nah...she's right, I'm $18K in debt still from school and trying to fast-track the payments. When I told her about the 219 seats, she said "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be one of the old fogies wearing a moth-ball smelling sweater vest in no time". Upper level for 1-2 more reseating cycles, then I'll think about moving downstairs.

Funny, I had the same conversation with my wife, but I was the one convincing her that we should wait a few more years to move downstairs.  She tried to compromise with Section 400, but I was having nothing of it.

FYI -- While the roles may be reversed in your typical sports debate with a spouse (or significant other), rest assured that regardless, the woman never sleeps on the couch.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

Or, if she's hot, Twitter some pics my way.   8-)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »

Ska, if you want some of the early games for dirt cheap before witness protection starts, hit me up.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
Ska, if you want some of the early games for dirt cheap before witness protection starts, hit me up.

Haha, I appreciate it bud :)

It was good advice grabbing some corner seats to keep the streak alive.  I just got married to an MU grad too, so I'll have to see how much those points are worth. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
I'm going on year 3 in the upper deck, after being the lower bowl for years. I got married, it forced me to the upper deck.
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
Marrying an MU grad is worth an extra 10 points, which I suppose you could say is worth $2,500 over time.

feedback