[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2021 Transfer Portal  (Read 276815 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: 2021 Transfer Portal
« Reply #975 on: April 21, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
I was not talking about Shaka. I was talking about posters on this site, who seem not to care if a player gets hurt by losing his membership on the team. Shaka going to do what he is going to do. I just think we should recognize some players may get hurt. We should care about our players.

I appreciate your concerns. But, is it not caring about our players too for them to also explore their best fits?

We saw with Buzz and with Shaka, players commit to coaches primarily. I mean, Deonte was one of my favorites, made the NBA, but he was never going to fit into Wojo's system. Then there was the trail of tears of wasted time on the program and the players who followed.

I am still most upset for Duane and Luke who redshirted for Buzz, got trapped with the redshirt rule, and then got bad fits under Wojo's system. Wojo tried to make it work while Buzz took a flier. We all knew that wasn't an ideal fit with Wojo's system for those two from the get-go. That was a crime.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:42:10 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #976 on: April 21, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »
Here’s a question I have that you can probably answer. Is a student athlete that intends to transfer required to put their name in the portal or is it just a way to “advertise” their availability to other programs?  Could they just line up their new destination directly with a coach with whom they have a prior relationship and skip the portal?

It is mandatory in D1. I believe the other Divisions are considering making it mandatory but don't quote me on that part.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #977 on: April 21, 2021, 07:49:51 PM »
This is what I believe. SS imo is being as honest as he can be with those at the end of the scholly bench right now.

I believe WoJo does the same for players on his watch, also.  Don't you.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #978 on: April 21, 2021, 08:29:36 PM »
It is mandatory in D1. I believe the other Divisions are considering making it mandatory but don't quote me on that part.
Appreciate the answer

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #979 on: April 21, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »
Vandy's Dylan Disu has entered the Transfer Portal. This was a surprise. Averaged 15 and 9 before injury. Was expected to be an elite SEC Player this upcoming year. He's from suburban Austin, TX. Bryce Drew was able to recruit him to Vandy, and, he was well developed under Jerry Stackhouse.

Yeah...think almost every team in the country will be in on him

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #980 on: April 21, 2021, 10:39:00 PM »
IIRC the badgers just accepted a transfer who will walk on.

Yes, but he's a Diamond Preferred EliteTM Walk-On.
He'll get Double Minutes for every garbage time minute he plays, plus there's never any fees for nutshots.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #981 on: April 21, 2021, 11:10:45 PM »
I mean, Deonte was one of my favorites, made the NBA, but he was never going to fit into Wojo's system.

Wojo had a system???   ?-(

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #982 on: April 22, 2021, 08:45:33 AM »
Wojo had a system???   ?-(
There were three pillars to his system:

Recruit as highly ranked prospects as possible.
Roll the ball out there
Exhort them to play hard
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #983 on: April 22, 2021, 08:49:06 AM »
There were three pillars to his system:

Recruit as highly ranked prospects as possible.
Roll the ball out there
Exhort them to play hard

Give ball to Carlino, Henry, (skips year) Andrew or Markus, just Markus.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #984 on: April 22, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »
Krutwig ends his fine run at Loyola, makes himself eligible for the NBA draft.

http://loyolaphoenix.com/2021/04/a-rambler-for-life-cameron-krutwig-forgoes-eligibility-to-declare-for-the-nba-draft/

“After a great four years, I feel that it’s in my best interest and just the right move for me to… try and pursue my dreams of playing professional basketball."

Glad he said pro hoops instead of the NBA, because he has basically no shot at the association because, well, he has no shot.

Certainly could make a nice living in Europe.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #985 on: April 22, 2021, 03:34:26 PM »

http://loyolaphoenix.com/2021/04/a-rambler-for-life-cameron-krutwig-forgoes-eligibility-to-declare-for-the-nba-draft/

“After a great four years, I feel that it’s in my best interest and just the right move for me to… try and pursue my dreams of playing professional basketball."

Glad he said pro hoops instead of the NBA, because he has basically no shot at the association because, well, he has no shot.

Should follow the Davante and Buycks foreign model. Go to France for basic training and then to Go To Asia for dollars.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #986 on: April 22, 2021, 03:54:50 PM »
Should follow the Davante and Buycks foreign model. Go to France for basic training and then to Go To Asia for dollars.

No one should emulate Davante. He's no Theo for f#ck sake.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #987 on: April 22, 2021, 04:02:41 PM »
No one should emulate Davante. He's no Theo for f#ck sake.

And Theo is no you for f#ck sake.

So we should all aspire to be Keefer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #988 on: April 22, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »

Ya....can't see him being drafted but a really good college player.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #989 on: April 22, 2021, 06:56:59 PM »
Ya....can't see him being drafted but a really good college player.
Well he certainly won’t be drafted, c’mon.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #990 on: April 22, 2021, 09:23:59 PM »
I appreciate your concerns. But, is it not caring about our players too for them to also explore their best fits?

We saw with Buzz and with Shaka, players commit to coaches primarily. I mean, Deonte was one of my favorites, made the NBA, but he was never going to fit into Wojo's system. Then there was the trail of tears of wasted time on the program and the players who followed.

I am still most upset for Duane and Luke who redshirted for Buzz, got trapped with the redshirt rule, and then got bad fits under Wojo's system. Wojo tried to make it work while Buzz took a flier. We all knew that wasn't an ideal fit with Wojo's system for those two from the get-go. That was a crime.
Luke was a transfer he had to sit out a year.

Players can decide what is the best fir for them. However, my opinion it is wrong to start a thread on Perez or any other player saying we think they should transfer. You can discuss this in a private setting, but posting it on an internet site for the player to see is just classless.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #991 on: April 22, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »

Players can decide what is the best fir for them. However, my opinion it is wrong to start a thread on Perez or any other player saying we think they should transfer. You can discuss this in a private setting, but posting it on an internet site for the player to see is just classless.
Yes, it is much better to have these discussions privately. Leave the kids out of it they are working their tails off. When they graduate they are fair game for discussion but before hand either say some something positive or  say nothing at all. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #992 on: April 22, 2021, 10:36:09 PM »
Not sure if it has been posted yet but Oklahoma’s Brady Manek is transferring to North Carolina

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #993 on: April 22, 2021, 11:44:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1385325088267018242

Dushawn London
@DushawnLondon1
Mississippi State, Wake Forest, Pitt, Marquette, and Oregon St. are the latest schools to reach out to Coastal Carolina transfer Devante Jones source tells
@247Sports
@3DevanteJ

@247SportsPortal

Very crafty player. Was POY in the Sun Belt this past season. Capable ball handler and slasher and loves him some steals. His steal% of 4.3% was top 20 in the country last season.

A little surprised because he's a 6'1" PG. I think our positions of need are on the wing and a big guy. He did play like a big man, averaged 7.2 boards a game despite his size. Looks like he could maybe start next Carton for a season before Kolek takes over.

Biggest concern with him is level of competition. Coastal Carolina only played two top 150 teams last season, #127 Wofford and #90 Pepperdine....and the game against Pepperdine was his worst of the season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #994 on: April 23, 2021, 01:09:39 AM »
PG is a position of need and you never can have enough of them in today's game - See Baylor Bears and Villanova for more info

Stevie Mitchell and Kolek are more offensive oriented guards.  Makes sense to add a guard that can put pressure on the ball.  This team was atrocious handling the ball last year in the backcourt.  This is another player that can alleviate that. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #995 on: April 23, 2021, 10:36:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1385606307940601860

Boston College F Steffon Mitchell (SR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/steffo

Sign me up.  Would be a great grad transfer get if there is any interest... though I'm sure there will be interest from a lot of teams.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #996 on: April 23, 2021, 12:36:33 PM »
I believe WoJo does the same for players on his watch, also.  Don't you.
Is this a question?
I know of no evidence that Wojo wasn’t forthright with his players when he was in that position/employed.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #997 on: April 23, 2021, 12:53:03 PM »

Your latter point is a great one.

On Luke, he committed to Buzz and had to play for Wojo after burning his redshirt.  The freedom of movement rule is fairer for the players too as situations change when coaches leave.

shoothoops

• All American

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #999 on: April 24, 2021, 06:30:01 AM »
This might fit under the category of "a broken clock is right twice a day", DePaul gets Jalen Terry from Oregon. A highly ranked recruit who rode the bench as a Freshman for the Ducks.

feedback