[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2021 Transfer Portal  (Read 276857 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2021 Transfer Portal
« Reply #950 on: April 20, 2021, 07:33:15 PM »
That was my thought too. What player would stay under that scenario.

It is like telling your significant other, hey I'm actively looking for a new partner. There are several options I'm super excited about, if any of them are interested in me I'm dumping you in a flash. If that happens, I'll try to hook you up with one of my friends, so like you should totally put all your effort into this relationship as practice, because one way or another you'll likely be dating someone.

Yeah, and for what it's worth, I don't think Shaka is doing this. Certainly stringing kids along for a month and then telling them to scram doesn't seem to fit with him naming relationships as his number one priority.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #951 on: April 20, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »
ESPN News Services
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke freshman forward Henry Coleman III says he plans to enter his name into the transfer portal.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #952 on: April 20, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »
ESPN News Services
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke freshman forward Henry Coleman III says he plans to enter his name into the transfer portal.

Frightened off by the arrival of Theo.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #953 on: April 20, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »
I can't get really hung up about "cutting" players when they don't have to sit a year.
What bothers me about it is the posters on this site, who do not care if a player really loves it at MU.
Most of you just seem to be perfectly willing to crap on someone else's dream, because you might get a better player.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #954 on: April 20, 2021, 08:44:53 PM »
Let's be real about this. Shaka is not going to just walk up to a player and say "you're cut". He's gonna sit down for a heart-to-heart and then do everything possible to get that player to a place where he can be successful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #955 on: April 20, 2021, 08:56:41 PM »
Let's be real about this. Shaka is not going to just walk up to a player and say "you're cut". He's gonna sit down for a heart-to-heart and then do everything possible to get that player to a place where he can be successful.
This is what I believe. SS imo is being as honest as he can be with those at the end of the scholly bench right now.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #956 on: April 20, 2021, 09:27:05 PM »
This is what I believe. SS imo is being as honest as he can be with those at the end of the scholly bench right now.

So you think he's sayin': "Don't believe any of that speculative crap on on Muscoop"?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #957 on: April 20, 2021, 10:19:06 PM »
i know you can’t reply since you’re onepostdavis, but is this your one post?

Haha I actually started this account in college to pass along info I'd been given by a friend who was student managing at the time, fully intending on making only one post.
But alas I became addicted to Scoop and here I am all these years later.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #958 on: April 20, 2021, 10:20:50 PM »
Even if that means showing loyalty to players?

Absolutely, if he wants those guys around then by all means.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2021, 07:52:31 AM »

Agree, but we have no idea what really is going on. There has been quite a bit of speculation regarding Greg's eligibility. Garcia's return is the elephant in the room. My guess is that there is, at best, a 50/50 chance he returns to Marquette. I seriously doubt that he goes pro but if he believes a different school would be a better place to showcase his talents, he's gone. There may be behind the scenes exploration for landing places for Akanno and Perez.

Shaka does not impress me as the type of guy who would BS players about where they stand. I get bilsu's remarks about player's dreams but when faced with maybe being at the end of the bench, they may decide to move on.

I'm expecting one more transfer, most likely a big. Shaka cannot simply wait until maybe July for Garcia's decision. Let's not make Shaka the bad guy.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #960 on: April 21, 2021, 07:56:50 AM »
What bothers me about it is the posters on this site, who do not care if a player really loves it at MU.
Most of you just seem to be perfectly willing to crap on someone else's dream, because you might get a better player.

Shaka's job is to win. Otherwise, he'll join Woj baggin' at Pick and Save, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #961 on: April 21, 2021, 07:59:38 AM »

This is correct and why NIL is a no-brainer.  Lift the facade of amateurism and student-athletes. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #962 on: April 21, 2021, 08:13:33 AM »
Haha I actually started this account in college to pass along info I'd been given by a friend who was student managing at the time, fully intending on making only one post.

It checks out. 

Jajuan is committing on Wednesday.  Settle down, Chicken Littles.  So much pessimism on this board.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #963 on: April 21, 2021, 08:45:08 AM »

Good thing you didn't do that in today's age or the gatekeepers would be after you for sharing insider info!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #964 on: April 21, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
It checks out.

Hahaha thanks for the callback, reading that now is hilarious.
And to think we've come so far where people are no longer pessimistic on this board.....

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #965 on: April 21, 2021, 02:14:53 PM »
OK, I have an unhealthy obsession with UT-Martin and the transfer portal. Jonte Coleman from UT Martin has just entered the  transfer portal. That is No. 17

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #966 on: April 21, 2021, 02:21:39 PM »
OK, I have an unhealthy obsession with UT-Martin and the transfer portal. Jonte Coleman from UT Martin has just entered the  transfer portal. That is No. 17

I'm waiting to see their first 2021 transfer in that transfers out, ideally before summer is over.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #967 on: April 21, 2021, 02:22:38 PM »

I still don't understand how you can have more than 13 transfers.  Can walk-ons transfer?  Did Stewart adopt a lot of players?  I haven't googled...and probably should.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:28:32 PM by rocky_warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #968 on: April 21, 2021, 03:06:31 PM »
I still don't understand how you can have more than 13 transfers.  Can walk-ons transfer?  Did Stewart adopt a lot of players?  I haven't googled...and probably should.

Yes,  walk ons can transfer. They go in the portal and everything. Christian Haffner went in the portal a few years ago.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
IIRC the badgers just accepted a transfer who will walk on.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2021, 04:09:00 PM »
I'm waiting to see their first 2021 transfer in that transfers out, ideally before summer is over.

Far more likely than herd immunity before summer is over, hey?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2021, 04:23:04 PM »
Yes,  walk ons can transfer. They go in the portal and everything. Christian Haffner went in the portal a few years ago.

But if they "transfer" I assume it means they're going for a scholarship?  Otherwise, aren't they free to just enroll and walk-on to any team (assuming the team/college will have them).

IIRC the badgers just accepted a transfer who will walk on.

Or that.  I guess it doesn't make much sense to me, but many things don't :)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
Here’s a question I have that you can probably answer. Is a student athlete that intends to transfer required to put their name in the portal or is it just a way to “advertise” their availability to other programs?  Could they just line up their new destination directly with a coach with whom they have a prior relationship and skip the portal?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #973 on: April 21, 2021, 06:40:23 PM »
Vandy's Dylan Disu has entered the Transfer Portal. This was a surprise. Averaged 15 and 9 before injury. Was expected to be an elite SEC Player this upcoming year. He's from suburban Austin, TX. Bryce Drew was able to recruit him to Vandy, and, he was well developed under Jerry Stackhouse.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2021, 07:26:57 PM »

I was not talking about Shaka. I was talking about posters on this site, who seem not to care if a player gets hurt by losing his membership on the team. Shaka going to do what he is going to do. I just think we should recognize some players may get hurt. We should care about our players.