'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2021 Transfer Portal  (Read 276832 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: 2021 Transfer Portal
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
Definitely evidences the role of an AD in this one. The silence is a little weird for sure.

I don't think so. We actually have a process taking place. Bill knows what he is doing.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2021, 01:38:17 PM »
FWIW, there are rumors on the Minnesota board, mentioned in another thread here, that Dawson is putting his name in the portal any day and is supposedly tight with their new coach.

If Dawson transfers, Minnesota would be an interesting choice. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2021, 01:43:00 PM »
If Dawson transfers, Minnesota would be an interesting choice.

Must seriously not want to be far from home. But he'd instantly help get MN to be competitive if the top B1G programs lose Ayo Livers and Garza... and Hauser
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2021, 01:56:46 PM »
Must seriously not want to be far from home. But he'd instantly help get MN to be competitive if the top B1G programs lose Ayo Livers and Garza... and Hauser

The gophers are going to be bad next year.  They're losing basically everyone of note to transfer or graduation. Maybe he wants to go home - but like I said - would be an interesting choice.  I am biased (though Gophers are my 2nd team and I do follow them), if Marquette's roster stays mostly intact, they'll be alot better than the Gophers.

Guess we'll see - hoping Dawson stays around. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2021, 01:58:45 PM »
The gophers are going to be bad next year.  They're losing basically everyone of note to transfer or graduation. Maybe he wants to go home - but like I said - would be an interesting choice.  I am biased (though Gophers are my 2nd team and I do follow them), if Marquette's roster stays mostly intact, they'll be alot better than the Gophers.

Is Chet Holmgren not considering MN?
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2021, 02:05:52 PM »

a lot of quick fixes though. Speculation they are trying to hire AJ Green dad to staff, bringing AJ. Parker Fox, Jamison Battle & Dawson Garcia would be some serious fire power additions adding to Liam Robbins downlow. Could be a fun and quick turnaround

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »
Is Chet Holmgren not considering MN?

Yeah, to join a long line of high level Minnesotans who "considered" the Gophers, only to go elsewhere.  Maybe he breaks that streak, but I doubt it. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »
a lot of quick fixes though. Speculation they are trying to hire AJ Green dad to staff, bringing AJ. Parker Fox, Jamison Battle & Dawson Garcia would be some serious fire power additions adding to Liam Robbins downlow. Could be a fun and quick turnaround

I'm curious...are the people speculating this the same people who were blowing up their message board 24 hours ago because the coach that Minnesota hired was not the person that they had speculated?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2021, 02:28:45 PM »
I'm curious...are the people speculating this the same people who were blowing up their message board 24 hours ago because the coach that Minnesota hired was not the person that they had speculated?

ryan james usually pretty plugged when it comes to Minnesota hoops. but agreed, could just be blowing smoke. the 247 moderator way of life

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2021, 02:31:40 PM »
ryan james usually pretty plugged when it comes to Minnesota hoops. but agreed, could just be blowing smoke. the 247 moderator way of life

From your initial post, I genuinely didn't know who was doing the speculating.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »

Didn't James remain vauge and say someone would be entering the portal soon to "come home for a year before going to the NBA"?.

Now that could apply to Dawson(though I doubt he actually ends up in the league after 1 year in Minny) but what I saw didnt have James actually stating who he was referring to.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2021, 02:46:14 PM »
Didn't James remain vauge and say someone would be entering the portal soon to "come home for a year before going to the NBA"?.

Now that could apply to Dawson(though I doubt he actually ends up in the league after 1 year in Minny) but what I saw didnt have James actually stating who he was referring to.

the board is all over the place with amount of topics created; but he was asked where the dawson stuff is coming from and said "many expect him to move into the portal and he had very legit interest in staying here in the first place"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »
the board is all over the place with amount of topics created; but he was asked where the dawson stuff is coming from and said "many expect him to move into the portal and he had very legit interest in staying here in the first place"

Not that Dawson won’t enter the portal, but Ryan James has been wrong a lot about stuff related to Wisconsin and Marquette.  He’s Evan Flood but surrounded by more lakes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2021, 04:33:19 PM »
Not that Dawson won’t enter the portal, but Ryan James has been wrong a lot about stuff related to Wisconsin and Marquette.  He’s Evan Flood but surrounded by more lakes

We could just ask JayBee. Oh wait...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2021, 06:38:34 PM »
He’s Evan Flood but surrounded by more lakes

The putdown was funny in itself. But the use of Flood and lakes in the same sentence ... you da man, Unk!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2021, 12:14:03 AM »
First incoming transfer to the Big East goes to, Seton Hall. They picked up former Gopher and more recently American Eagle Jamir Harris. He averaged 20 points a game for the Eagles....who only played 10 games due to COVID this season. His first two seasons were less impressive. Will be interesting to see what he brings to the Big East.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2021, 12:22:59 AM »
Big East coach with the most outgoing transfers thus far? Mike Anderson. Josh Roberts entering the portal brings them up to four total.

None of the four were critical per se, but they've gone from losing one starter and the last guy in their rotation, to losing two starters and three guys in their rotation, including 5 of the 7 scholarship players 6'5 or taller. They better hope Champagnie doesn't decide to go pro.
TAMU

nyg

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2021, 06:41:52 AM »
Big East coach with the most outgoing transfers thus far? Mike Anderson. Josh Roberts entering the portal brings them up to four total.

None of the four were critical per se, but they've gone from losing one starter and the last guy in their rotation, to losing two starters and three guys in their rotation, including 5 of the 7 scholarship players 6'5 or taller. They better hope Champagnie doesn't decide to go pro.

I got for SJU: 

Moore, Cole, Caraher and now Roberts.  Dunn was a senior.

Side note:  Had not been mentioned but Nate Watson coming back for 5th season at Providence
                 Wilcher put name in portal from X.  Pretty high ranked recruit last year. They now have two.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2021, 07:52:49 AM »
I got for SJU: 

Side note:  Had not been mentioned but Nate Watson coming back for 5th season at Providence
                 Wilcher put name in portal from X.  Pretty high ranked recruit last year. They now have two.

That's huge for Providence. One of the 2 best bigs in the conference last season, and many think Watson was better than Mamu.

Aside: Our best couple friend from Chicago are Watson's aunt and uncle, so I do root for him when he's not playing against us.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »

Makes you wonder if someone out there is kicking the tires on Mike Anderson.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2021, 12:23:49 AM »
I've been surprised by the number of seniors with their names in the transfer portal. And by seniors I mean current seniors not next year's seniors. Guys looking to take advantage of their COVID year at another institution. The Big East had a pair of these enter the portal today, Jason Carter from Xavier and Shavar Reynolds from Seton Hall. I'm curious if they are just throwing their names out there to see what bites they get before either returning to their original schools, going overseas, or hanging up the sneakers for good.

Transfer season is going to be wild. 839 names in the portal already. More than any year prior to 2017, 65 names away from being third most ever, less than 200 away from the largest transfer crop of all time...and we're still in the Sweet 16. Bonkers.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2021, 12:36:02 AM »
A SHU guy I talk to said Reynolds was headed back to role-player status, but I'm skeptical of that. Either way, the league looks to be wide open and I imagine there will be a ton of options on the market for an enterprising coach.

Whomever they go for, it may be wise to try to retain Gainey so he can get to work even before someone new is in his boss' office.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2021, 01:22:24 AM »
I got for SJU: 

SJU buddy I talked to is not surprised by any:

Carahar left the team in January. He’s going to try and play while in law school. Good luck!
Moore has discipline issues. Would see less time next year with incoming JUCO and mid year enrollee who came in January.
Cole is a loss with his three point shooting but is pretty one dimensional. A senior.
Roberts wants more time but is open to coming back. Tough guy but saw less time this season. Only 10.7 minutes per game.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »
Wahab from Gtown entered the portal too. Man, this is gonna be nuts.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2021, 10:22:16 AM »
Wahab from Gtown entered the portal too. Man, this is gonna be nuts.

Ooof. Just win you thought Ewing was turning a corner.
TAMU