'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2021 Transfer Portal  (Read 276839 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: 2021 Transfer Portal
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2021, 09:32:32 AM »
Marcus Carr back in the portal.

Not sure if he stays in college ultimately though.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2021, 10:51:18 AM »
Has anyone mentioned this yet but Wonder if Tyrese Hunter from Racine Saint Catherine’s  will transfer from Iowa State with their coaching change.
TJ might make ISU more appealing for Tyrese.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2021, 10:53:42 AM »
TJ might make ISU more appealing for Tyrese.

Yea. I think he was the link for many Wisconsin kids to ISU.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2021, 10:56:03 AM »

Hausershima was devastating, not just because Sam is a heck of a college basketball player and Joey might still be good one day, and not just because it helped make last season and this season worse, but because of how it made Wojo and his program look.

Joey would have been good at MU where defense is just an afterthought. At MSU, I don't think he will never be better than serviceable. Hard to be good getting 15 min per game off the bench because you won't play 'D'.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2021, 11:58:07 AM »
Wojo was after Carr when he left pitt right? 

Unless he graduated in 4 years, isn't Carr going to have to sit even if immediate transfers are allowed?  He's already transferred once. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »
Wojo was after Carr when he left pitt right? 

Unless he graduated in 4 years, isn't Carr going to have to sit even if immediate transfers are allowed?  He's already transferred once.

Correct.  We might want to look at Mashburn Jr. from Minnesota as well.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:27 AM »
We can't do anything about it right now, but Walker Kessler is in the portal now. 670 players and counting.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2021, 09:32:27 AM »
We can't do anything about it right now, but Walker Kessler is in the portal now. 670 players and counting.

He was a big time player in high school. Really good. He will have lots and lots of choices.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »
If MUBB is looking for depth at point guard, Brandon McKissic has entered the portal. (Grad Transfer) Averaged 17 & 3 at UMKC and was a defensive All American. Brandon is a baller.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2021, 03:46:54 PM »
Correct.  We might want to look at Mashburn Jr. from Minnesota as well.

I'm betting Mashburn is heading to Iona (or wherever Rick Sr. is next season).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2021, 08:19:23 AM »
A 6-5 guard/wing who can really play ...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article250125289.html?ac_cid=DM411831&ac_bid=-170391639

Davidson leading scorer Kellan Grady has entered the transfer portal to potentially play a fifth season of college basketball.

Grady, a 6-foot-5 guard, has been a fixture for the Wildcats in men’s basketball, averaging 17.4 points over four Atlantic 10 seasons. An NCAA rule related to the pandemic allows players an extra season of eligibility next winter if they choose to accept it. Grady, a graduate transfer, would be immediately eligible at another school.

Davidson coach Bob McKillop told The Observer on Monday that he met with Grady recently, and Grady expressed a desire to keep all his options open, whether that be the NBA draft, playing professionally overseas or another season of high-level college ball.

Davidson does not have graduate programs, so he almost surely will not play another year there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2021, 10:10:23 AM »
Jake @jakeweingarten
Indiana sophomore Armaan Franklin has entered the transfer portal, a source told @stockrisers. Former four-star prospect was recruited by former Hoosiers coach Archie Miller.

Franklin averaged 11.4 points on 43% shooting. Will draw high-major suitors instantly.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2021, 10:45:44 AM »
Random question about MU players:

They aren’t able to freely be recruited by other schools during this time, correct? They have to be officially released?

If so, I give them credit for at least taking some time to process things and possibly giving the new coach a chance. Every time I log on I’m expected a thread about an MU transfer but all is quiet so far.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2021, 11:18:23 AM »

They aren’t able to freely be recruited by other schools during this time, correct? They have to be officially released?

If so, I give them credit for at least taking some time to process things and possibly giving the new coach a chance. Every time I log on I’m expected a thread about an MU transfer but all is quiet so far.

Agreed.  I think its encouraging (tho somewhat surprising) that things have been so quiet. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2021, 11:20:20 AM »
Agreed.  I think its encouraging (tho somewhat surprising) that things have been so quiet.

Last time donors were very involved in the interviewing process. Now we have an AD.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »

I thought the same thing - odd that no one (other than Symir) has entered the portal yet, as it's not as if they can't decide to come back if they'd like.  That makes me suspect that they've informed on the candidates, and there's enough excitement not to jump ship right away.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2021, 11:42:26 AM »
It also seems like things have really slowed down since the tournament started.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2021, 11:45:32 AM »
I thought the same thing - odd that no one (other than Symir) has entered the portal yet, as it's not as if they can't decide to come back if they'd like.  That makes me suspect that they've informed on the candidates, and there's enough excitement not to jump ship right away.

I'm really surprised too. I would think that they would all enter the portal. Under "normal" circumstances, putting your name in the portal is a pretty difficult thing to walk back because you've announced to your current coach and teammates that you don't want to be there any more. But when there's a coaching change, I would think that it's pretty each to reverse course with no lasting effect.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2021, 11:58:13 AM »
I'm really surprised too. I would think that they would all enter the portal. Under "normal" circumstances, putting your name in the portal is a pretty difficult thing to walk back because you've announced to your current coach and teammates that you don't want to be there any more. But when there's a coaching change, I would think that it's pretty each to reverse course with no lasting effect.

Right - essentially you're just allowing other AND your new coach to recruit you.  But it seems Scholl (and maybe even Wojo) have been honest with them, and they're willing to wait out the search.  Plenty of time before next season (and schools will always find scholarships for good players).

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2021, 12:12:53 PM »
Right - essentially you're just allowing other AND your new coach to recruit you.  But it seems Scholl (and maybe even Wojo) have been honest with them, and they're willing to wait out the search.  Plenty of time before next season (and schools will always find scholarships for good players).

Definitely evidences the role of an AD in this one. The silence is a little weird for sure.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
Justin Gainey might be playing a role here too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2021, 12:19:33 PM »

FWIW, there are rumors on the Minnesota board, mentioned in another thread here, that Dawson is putting his name in the portal any day and is supposedly tight with their new coach.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2021, 12:41:45 PM »
FWIW, there are rumors on the Minnesota board, mentioned in another thread here, that Dawson is putting his name in the portal any day and is supposedly tight with their new coach.

Yes - I've read.  And really - we're probably all too plugged into the timeline here.  Wojo news just hit Friday.  Only a couple days have passed, and players are probably just catching up on their options too. 

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2021, 12:44:43 PM »
Former child phenom Jordan McCabe announced he's transferring from West Virginia.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2021, 12:55:46 PM »
I knew this months ago  just couldn't say anything. Good handle  doubt he wouldn't have as many turnovers as we had this year.

feedback