[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oso Athletic Article (Not Bad News!)  (Read 1851 times)

MUCam

• All American
Oso Athletic Article (Not Bad News!)
« on: December 19, 2023, 07:06:53 AM »
Great article in the Athletic on Oso Ighodaro.

Apologies if it has already been posted.

And, if you don’t subscribe to the Athletic, I highly recommend it. The Marquette articles are far and few between, but provide wonderful insight and analysis. If you have other teams, professional or otherwise, the coverage is fantastic.

I’d post a summary, but will leave the honors to someone else, as my hands are tied up for a bit this AM.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 10:56:17 AM by MUCam »

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Oso
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:04:05 AM »
An insanely good piece. He's described as a projected lottery pick, which is nuts as a guy without a jump shot, but still just an incredible rise

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 08:11:41 AM »
Oso's draft stock is 100% up to him. When he plays aggressively like he did in Maui, he is a force on both sides of the ball. He has been more aggressive on offense, and he is tough to stop. I do not have he can be a top 15 pick but definitely believe he is the next first round pick of the Shaka era.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 08:15:59 AM »
Oso and Kolek are 1 and 1A (in whatever order one prefers) as to the most indispensable MU player. We simply don’t have anyone who can do anything close to what Oso does - no other team in the country does, really. As if anybody had to be reminded, the Purdue game provided the perfect example.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 08:34:17 AM »
When I saw the new thread title "Oso"....I was like Oh No, did he get injured! Then opened it to this. But it was a quick second of panic. It reminded me we're  an injury away from a degraded season.

As for Oso, don't think of him as lottery without a 3. And he's no Giannis. But NBA paycheck for sure.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:36:40 AM by FairWeatherEagle »

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 08:35:35 AM »
Having a hard time hitting the right buttons this morning
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:37:40 AM by FairWeatherEagle »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 08:54:52 AM »
Think Oso is ready for the next level and that his best basketball is ahead of him. Still a lot of potential that unfortunately won’t be fully realized at MU.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 08:56:08 AM »
That was a GREAT article.  The Athletic is worth it for the MU coverage alone, all the other sports are just icing on the cake.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 08:58:17 AM »
CJ Moore is fantastic. I love Ben Steele but it’s amazing the content that Moore is able to pull out from Shaka and the guys as an outsider.

panda

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 09:06:41 AM »
What an incredibly perfect storm for possible lottery pick oso. Hard work leading to massive improvement. Tons of exposure due playing for a great team and a really bad draft class. 

Take the money and run.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 09:35:11 AM »
As a fan it is hard not to think about where this team could go. 

I keep reminding myself to just enjoy this. I have never enjoyed a team so much. My guess is I never will. Special stuff. Enjoy the ride!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 09:52:44 AM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2023, 09:52:56 AM »
As a fan it is hard not to think about where this team could go. 

I keep reminding myself to just enjoy this. I have never enjoyed a team so much. My guess is I never will. Special stuff. Enjoy the ride!

Keep your head up Hoops.  This is just the beginning.  MU will continue to get prime-time players moving forward. 

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 10:56:58 AM »
When I saw the new thread title "Oso"....I was like Oh No, did he get injured! Then opened it to this. But it was a quick second of panic. It reminded me we're  an injury away from a degraded season.

As for Oso, don't think of him as lottery without a 3. And he's no Giannis. But NBA paycheck for sure.

Sorry!!!

I can see how such a title might induce a little panic. I’ve fixed it!

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Oso Athletic Article (Not Bad News!)
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 10:58:26 AM »
I’d post a summary, but will leave the honors to someone else, as my hands are tied up for a bit this AM.

Oso naughty
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 11:21:31 AM »
Just got a chance to read it. Outstanding article. Not only confirms every positive thought we all have on Oso, but offers even more.

Wow, is Marquette lucky to have him - and to have Shaka, who was open-minded enough to encourage Oso to become one of the most unique, effective players in basketball.

Also, Oso sounds like another MU player who could become a fine coach someday.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 11:48:11 AM »

For those without a subscription to The Athletic or the NYT https://i.imgur.com/P4Bulne.png

Sorry to be "that guy" but things like this is what actually limits good reporting in the long run.  Fewer subscriptions, fewer eyes on the actual work, all leads to less coverage in the long run.   Find a holiday deal, pay the $9-20 for a year, and enjoy.  If it isn't worth that to you, then just move on to the free blogs.  We have a lot of great coverage for MU in our online community.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2023, 11:51:13 AM »
Oso naughty

Is that his OF username?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TipToe Incognito

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2023, 11:59:20 AM »
I had the pleasure of having Oso in one of my classes last year and man, everything in this article, that and more.

Had some group projects together and he was always the first (and sometimes only) to ask "how can I help?" Other group members weren't the stars of a highly ranked college team.

Last year I didn't think we would have finished ninth in the BE as predicted by the analysts, probably more middle of the pack. Still had my concerns about some elements of the team though. However, after working with Oso I said to myself, "if that is the team leader we are gonna be a-ok." Was surprised to win two conference championships, but not surprised who the leader was. 

Helluva dude, strong character and work ethic, still says hi to me when I see him around (which is less now that he's in grad school). Genuinely wish him the best this year and in the league.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »
Sorry to be "that guy" but things like this is what actually limits good reporting in the long run.  Fewer subscriptions, fewer eyes on the actual work, all leads to less coverage in the long run.   Find a holiday deal, pay the $9-20 for a year, and enjoy.  If it isn't worth that to you, then just move on to the free blogs.  We have a lot of great coverage for MU in our online community.

Yo ho yo ho a priate's life for me

I have a NYT subscription and NYT allows me 10 shares a month for free for times like this so my friends could read a link I'm passionate about. The Athletic doesn't have that functionality so I gave people insight into the level of reporting they're doing on our team.

One time, like this, is marketing. Repeated sharing of content to get around their paywall is piracy. That's my fast and loose moral take on it anyway.

Also, MU's online community is as bad as MU's marketing department

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »
FBI2Scoop
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2023, 12:58:32 PM »
Oso, Woj & chucker recruit, he should be hated by all.
Goal is National Championship

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2023, 01:38:40 PM »
Yo ho yo ho a priate's life for me

I have a NYT subscription and NYT allows me 10 shares a month for free for times like this so my friends could read a link I'm passionate about. The Athletic doesn't have that functionality so I gave people insight into the level of reporting they're doing on our team.

One time, like this, is marketing. Repeated sharing of content to get around their paywall is piracy. That's my fast and loose moral take on it anyway.

Also, MU's online community is as bad as MU's marketing department

I respect your moral gymnastics to justify this!   ;D

However, how dare you besmirch our dedicated MU blogging community!  They are infallible!   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2023, 07:07:13 PM »
oso has got to be a coach's dream to have.  he fills the role of tremendous college baller.  as goose said, the next level will be up to oso.  i really want to be wrong here, but i don't think at this moment, he has something an NBA team needs or could put to use.  could he develop something? 

i thought i read somewhere he was a guard in high school until he sprouted,  he's got to work on his shooting form and an outside jump shot.  he's got nice foot work, lateral speed and he can jump well
don't...don't don't don't don't