collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dominic James  (Read 12025 times)

creanh8r

• Walk-On
Dominic James
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
I saw DJ at Mayfair mall yesterday sporting some MU shorts getting into his new Camaro. Is he still playing in Turkey?

leever

• All American
Re: Dominic James
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »
I saw DJ at Mayfair mall yesterday sporting some MU shorts getting into his new Camaro. Is he still playing in Turkey?

Yes, he commutes from the Mayfair Mall on game days.  He prefers to get his meals at the mall food court.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
No, he actually works at the mall.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
Yes, he commutes from the Mayfair Mall on game days.  He prefers to get his meals at the mall food court.

+10
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »

Obvi, who doesn't love

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
Obvi, who doesn't love

"I always make time to stop at my favorite New York pizza joint"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »
To answer the original question, DJ played in Bulgaria this past year.  His season ended in April.  Averaged 13.9/2.5/3.9.  Was amongst the top players on a team that finished undefeated and won the Bulgarian championship.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
but the Bulgarian championship sure ain't what it used to be

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
No, he actually works at the mall.

Is he working at the mall?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
Is he working at the mall?

He's doing work.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:25 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
but the Bulgarian championship sure ain't what it used to be

Apparently this team has won it nine years in a row.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »
So I guess it's exactly what it used to be.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
That can't be right about them winning it in Bulgaria. He is a loser. Crean is a loser. Period.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 01:14:23 PM »
That can't be right about them winning it in Bulgaria. He is a loser. Crean is a loser. Period.

So....you signed up in April 2008 and *that's* your first post???

Wow...

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Wow, sorry internet nerd. I'll try to log more time on scoop and respond to people's nonsense.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »

What year did you graduate Bucky?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

reinko

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

What year did you graduate Bucky?

I am guessing class of 2008 @ UW-Stout.  Go Blue Devils!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »
Wow, sorry internet nerd. I'll try to log more time on scoop and respond to people's nonsense.

I, for one, look forward to that.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
December of 2009 from MU. The "big" 3 had talent, but didn't win $hit. They were choke artists.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »
December of 2009 from MU. The "big" 3 had talent, but didn't win $hit. They were choke artists.

At the least, they made MU a legitimate top five squad in the Big East............until last season. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »
A troll, really? Sorry boss, but you have no idea what you're talking about. I, like many, have spent more of my own money on tuition than I would like to think about. Also, I have held season tickets since 04' and have been steadily going to games since 2000. I apologize that I want my team to win. I don't think that with the amount of money the school spends on the program, the practice facilities, and the money the coaches were paid that MU should have been that bad. Also, I was harping on previous years. I love how things are now, but with "the big 3," MU was a joke. Being a top 5 team in the big east and not doing anything is like being the prettiest girl in fat camp... it doesn't count. So why don't you stop questioning me and question how those guys did. Blind faith in a team is reserved for Cubs fans... and I don't want to start on them.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »
A troll, really? Sorry boss, but you have no idea what you're talking about. I, like many, have spent more of my own money on tuition than I would like to think about. Also, I have held season tickets since 04' and have been steadily going to games since 2000. I apologize that I want my team to win. I don't think that with the amount of money the school spends on the program, the practice facilities, and the money the coaches were paid that MU should have been that bad. Also, I was harping on previous years. I love how things are now, but with "the big 3," MU was a joke. Being a top 5 team in the big east and not doing anything is like being the prettiest girl in fat camp... it doesn't count. So why don't you stop questioning me and question how those guys did. Blind faith in a team is reserved for Cubs fans... and I don't want to start on them.

That isn't bad. See the 80s or even the Deane years. Good Lord you have a false sense of entitlement.
But I like to throw handfuls...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »

You can have your opinion just like everyone else and it's a shame you feel that way about the players.  James, McNeal and Matthews, along with Hayward tried their hardest as student-athletes and represented MU in an exceptional manner.  Two of them made the NBA and McNeal was called up from the NBDL and might have a chance next year.  Subsequent to Crean leaving, DJ was the leader and spoke like a true leader to hold the team together.  

Yes, they were a talented team, but did not have a bigman to help them out.  It was a team in transition. There were some awesome games and there were bad games, but again, they were just games.  There is no way they should be classified as choke-artists.  

feedback