'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Can Ooze and Trevor play at the same time?  (Read 2302 times)

jzolt

• Walk-On
Can Ooze and Trevor play at the same time?
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »
Do you think these two could be on the court at the same time? It would be a different look and might be what we need against big, physical teams. Looking ahead, it might be something we can use next year as well with our new Big from Texas.

robmufan

• All American
Re: Can Ooze and Trevor play at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »
What is your proposed lineup then...cause if that happened i would see Dom, Jerel, Lazar, Mbakwe, Oose?

I think it would be worth a shot at the Johnies to see if it would work!

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »
That's the line-up and insert Wes for McNeal!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Dan in there for wes or jerel...stretch out the zone they would be playing!!

Im impressed with not only his rebouing (fitz) lately, but did u see his post moves?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »
Barro is playing well now, so the Trevor playing will not help much. Maybe he will be ready when Barro goes back into a funk.

MUteamball98

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »
I don't think it would be a standard lineup but I think it definitely would pose an interesting lineup as a change of pace.  Play ooze at 5, mbakwe at 4, lazar at a more true three (when resting matthews), dj, and mcneal.  The team that we have had the most issues with is not necessarily the biggest team but one of the teams with great length, LU.  Lazar had difficulty getting shots off on the longer 4's of LU eliminating our one source of consistent high percentage shooting.  This lineup would free up lazar and give the team more length inside. 

Again, not a lineup to live by (at this point) but possibly a great option.  never hurts to have options.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:51:38 PM »
Given the right circumstances and situation, yes.  As part of a lineup for several minutes, I doubt it.  More of a situational thing?

augoman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »
ya know, I believe a guys got to 'earn' his way into the line up at practice.  since TM has only practiced w/ the team since Thurs., maybe this is all premature.  frankly, I don't see any reason to jump TM over Blackledge, YET.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
ya know, I believe a guys got to 'earn' his way into the line up at practice.  since TM has only practiced w/ the team since Thurs., maybe this is all premature.  frankly, I don't see any reason to jump TM over Blackledge, YET.

Um...but TM WAS in the game before TB against Pitt.  Neither were really outstanding, but TM definitely banged down low and didn't let anyone push him around.

Like I said, this was Mbakwe's FIRST game ever in college basketball.  When TM get's comfortable and if Barro plays like that every night, those two in at the same time will be a very potent line up.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
I'd to see it sometime in the mix - would be interesting to see a front court of Mbakwe, Hayward and Barro.  Might be powerful

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 06:51:49 AM »
I proposed a similar lineup before the last Louisville game except had Trend at the 4 instead of Trevor since TM wasn't back yet.  A number of posters disagreed. But I still maintain that when we go against teams with strong frontcourts like Louisville, UCONN, ND, GT that maybe we should play at the 5: Barro & Burke 4: Trevor & Trend and 3: LH & Wes.  I also think a lineup of Barro, LH and Fitz in at the same time would work out.  I think the only way we lose from here out is if we don't get offensive rebounds and we let opposing team get second shots.  We need to be dominant on the glass.  We can't be a team of "One & done".