[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 442322 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #2400 on: January 19, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
Sherman interview was great. Harbaugh interview was fantastic.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2401 on: January 19, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »

You can't coach class.

Seahawks have a long, proud tradition of knuckleheads to wear the uniform. Sherman got the torch from Jeremy Stevens who got it from The Boz who got it from...

Death on call

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #2402 on: January 19, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »
Sherman=worlds biggest dumb a$$.  Makes Randy Moss look smart.

Sherman's a joke. He plays a "heel" character like he's a pro wrestler. Everything he does is an act.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2403 on: January 19, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
Watched the first half in a bar before the crowd noise got to me. Your feelings for Harbaugh are shared by most of Seattle. He's a Michigan guy so I give him a pass. In fact, I like Harbaugh better than Pete Carroll in many ways.

+1

Can't stand Carroll....cheater to the hilt.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2404 on: January 19, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »
+1

Can't stand Carroll....cheater to the hilt.

Yea. Say what you want about the Harbaughs but I would not question their integrity. But Pete Carroll?? He didn't leave USC because he wanted to live in Seattle. The hound dogs were closing in...

Death on call

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2405 on: January 19, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Audible my ass he says it every play right before the snap, he is changing the play way before then

Right.  It is any number of things.

"This time Omaha means, switch to play X"

"This time Omaha means nothing"

"This time Omaha means switch snap count to 4"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2406 on: January 19, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
Sherman interview was great. Harbaugh interview was fantastic.

Would like to see the Harbaugh interview.  Was in a gym all day.  Did see the Sherman interview.  What a moron.  Listening to the differences between the interviews from the Patriots/Broncos game and the Seahawks/49ers game, it's comical.  Night and day.  And it comes from the top down.  The culture of the organizations.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2407 on: January 19, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »
Would like to see the Harbaugh interview.  Was in a gym all day.  Did see the Sherman interview.  What a moron.  Listening to the differences between the interviews from the Patriots/Broncos game and the Seahawks/49ers game, it's comical.  Night and day.  And it comes from the top down.  The culture of the organizations.

I agree about Sherman. I find it interesting though that so many national sports personalities are defending him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2408 on: January 19, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »

Here's the interview

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1iLwjXTA0I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1iLwjXTA0I</a>

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2409 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:20 PM »
Yea. Say what you want about the Harbaughs but I would not question their integrity. But Pete Carroll?? He didn't leave USC because he wanted to live in Seattle. The hound dogs were closing in...

100% agree.  I know the Harbaughs take a ton of grief here, but I would give up my left nut right now to have him coach my team.  In a second.  Carroll, no thanks.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2410 on: January 19, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »
Carroll's dirty.

I hope their OC and DC leave as well as key players.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2411 on: January 20, 2014, 12:05:55 AM »
Carroll's dirty.

I hope their OC and DC leave as well as key players.

By the way, how did your Niners do today?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2412 on: January 20, 2014, 12:07:31 AM »
I would give up my left nut right now to have him coach my team. 

IU??

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2413 on: January 20, 2014, 12:11:03 AM »
IU??

LOL.  No, I have a Harbaugh-in-Law coaching them...but if he wants to coach IU football, I'd love it.

UCLA almost got Harbaugh before Stanford did, timing just wasn't right with the whole Dorrell situation. 

If he coached the Cowboys I would be elated, but not sure who in their right mind would coach for Jerry Jones.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2414 on: January 20, 2014, 12:35:27 AM »
LOL.  No, I have a Harbaugh-in-Law coaching them...but if he wants to coach IU football, I'd love it.

UCLA almost got Harbaugh before Stanford did, timing just wasn't right with the whole Dorrell situation. 

If he coached the Cowboys I would be elated, but not sure who in their right mind would coach for Jerry Jones.

A lot of us from Ann Arbor thought he was locked up to coach Blue. I like Hoke but Harbaugh would have been the get.

Harbaugh working for Jerry Jones would last a couple games. He stood up to Ditka. Routinely. No way Jim Harbaugh eats Jerry Jones' sh1t. Jones needs to look at his track record as a GM and figure out what's best for his franchise. Unfortunately, for the Cowboys, I do not think his ego will not allow that.

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2415 on: January 20, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
Here's the interview

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1iLwjXTA0I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1iLwjXTA0I</a>

I think Jim was referring to the @CoachTomCrean twiter handle.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2416 on: January 20, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
I agree about Sherman. I find it interesting though that so many national sports personalities are defending him.

I'll absolutely defend Sherman.  First of all, the man graduated from Standford with a 4.0 in communications, was a salutatorian at his high school and has his own guest column in a major publication.  He is normally very well spoken and consummate professional.  He was interviewed after a very competitive and feisty game.  I don't have any issue with what he said, and would love for a Packer player to be that fired up and able to back it up with his play.  He was interviewed a number of times afterward and was just fine.

A very interesting study, especially with twitter, on how we judge a book based on 12 seconds of video.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #2417 on: January 20, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
I'll absolutely defend Sherman.  First of all, the man graduated from Standford with a 4.0 in communications, was a salutatorian at his high school and has his own guest column in a major publication.  He is normally very well spoken and consummate professional.  He was interviewed after a very competitive and feisty game.  I don't have any issue with what he said, and would love for a Packer player to be that fired up and able to back it up with his play.  He was interviewed a number of times afterward and was just fine.

A very interesting study, especially with twitter, on how we judge a book based on 12 seconds of video.

Sherman is no doubt a very intelligent man. He grew up in Compton and does a lot of work for and with the kids in his old neighborhood. He's not a bad guy by any means.

The way that he acts on the field is all for show. He's made himself into a wrestling heel and that's what motivates him and, more importantly for him, gets him attention.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2418 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
not sure if this is real, but...

JakeSnakeDDT‏@JakeSnakeDDT14h
I can help Sherman with his heel promos....

Collapse Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Twitta Tracka[/color]

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2419 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
Apparently, Max Scherzer tweeted last night that he won't shake off Alex Avila next season.  He'll just yell 'Omaha'.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2420 on: January 20, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Guess we just disagree. I've got no problems with him calling himself the greatest. It's when you start disparaging your competition, calling Crabtree a "sorry receiver." Just doesn't impress me to be a jackass after winning.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2421 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
By the way, how did your Niners do today?

Choked at the end.

Kaep has some mental baggage after two straight seasons of blowing passes to Crabtree.

Just have to remind myself that this is his FIRST full NFL season.
Problem is: this team is built for now.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2422 on: January 20, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »

Navy

I would not say Richard Sherman is unintelligent. And I have no issue with his schtick as displayed last night. He is a very bright, clever, and calculating person.

But there is more to him as a member of this community that is not attractive. When I am in a restaurant I don't need some guy screaming at the maître d' that he and his party of 10 want to be seated immediately at tables along the windows already occupied by diners. I don't need some guy and his crew of 12 interrupting a performance at Jazz Alley because the guy considers himself a larger personality than the renowned jazz artist trying to play on stage.

Sherman's performance last night was nothing compared to the aggressive, petulant, and entitled behavior seen here in Seattle. Last night was brand building which is benign compared with the raw arrogance he usually inflicts on people who don't care that he plays football for a living. Millions in your portfolio doesn't mean you necessarily possess personal dignity.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2423 on: January 20, 2014, 01:38:07 PM »
Sherman is no doubt a very intelligent man. He grew up in Compton and does a lot of work for and with the kids in his old neighborhood. He's not a bad guy by any means.

The way that he acts on the field is all for show. He's made himself into a wrestling heel and that's what motivates him and, more importantly for him, gets him attention.

His personal deportment in daily life Seattle would say otherwise. I am glad he gives back to his community. But what might be acceptable in Compton is not acceptable in Bellevue, Medina, and Belltown. The reality is crude, vulgar, and boorish transcends zip codes. 

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2424 on: January 20, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
Navy

I would not say Richard Sherman is unintelligent. And I have no issue with his schtick as displayed last night. He is a very bright, clever, and calculating person.

But there is more to him as a member of this community that is not attractive. When I am in a restaurant I don't need some guy screaming at the maître d' that he and his party of 10 want to be seated immediately at tables along the windows already occupied by diners. I don't need some guy and his crew of 12 interrupting a performance at Jazz Alley because the guy considers himself a larger personality than the renowned jazz artist trying to play on stage.

Sherman's performance last night was nothing compared to the aggressive, petulant, and entitled behavior seen here in Seattle. Last night was brand building which is benign compared with the raw arrogance he usually inflicts on people who don't care that he plays football for a living. Millions in your portfolio doesn't mean you necessarily possess personal dignity.

As usual I am unaware of the larger story.  Are you indicating that he behaves in this manner through out the Seattle area?  If so, that is clearly unacceptable to me and something that should be addressed.  That would seem to indicate it's not really a schtick.  This might be the time where I put on my sweat pants, mutter damn millinials and go yell at some kids to get off my lawn
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback