collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Daily Dose of Doom Thread  (Read 168417 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Daily Dose of Doom Thread
« Reply #1000 on: October 20, 2023, 05:00:58 PM »
That is shocking.  The man is a laughingstock.

I've got too many laughingstock congresspeople here in NC to keep track of. Can only follow so many laughingstocks who are gerrymandered into place.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1001 on: October 20, 2023, 05:36:24 PM »
I've got too many laughingstock congresspeople here in NC to keep track of. Can only follow so many laughingstocks who are gerrymandered into place.

https://asgoeswisconsin.com/glenn-grothmans-strange-st-patricks-day-interview/

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1002 on: November 08, 2023, 06:28:40 PM »
This is as good a place to put this ..

Someone in the neighborhood died, and I was looking for a story .. checked the newspaper, then Facebook.  Found a dozen hits for obit/stories, but when I read them, they all seemed odd and vague.   

Finally found the real obit and realized .. the dozen other hits for stories .. were certainly scraped from the real obit, then run through AI to get hits on their websites. 

What the actual fock, humans.  Can you imagine brainstorming ideas on how to get traffic to your shítty website and coming up with writing fake stories about a recently deceased kid?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: November 08, 2023, 06:30:02 PM »
Humans are no longer necessary.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1004 on: November 15, 2023, 03:39:39 PM »
Humans are no longer necessary.
Au contraire mon frère! 

The robot overlords need US - that's right...everyone here - to create more content so that they can learn!
https://futurism.com/ai-companies-training-data
As it stands, the most practical solution for this looming problem — save for the advent of mass human content farms, where we lowly carbon-based creatures click and clack away to feed the endless data thirst of our robot overlords

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: November 15, 2023, 04:06:56 PM »
This is as good a place to put this ..

Someone in the neighborhood died, and I was looking for a story .. checked the newspaper, then Facebook.  Found a dozen hits for obit/stories, but when I read them, they all seemed odd and vague.   

Finally found the real obit and realized .. the dozen other hits for stories .. were certainly scraped from the real obit, then run through AI to get hits on their websites. 

What the actual fock, humans.  Can you imagine brainstorming ideas on how to get traffic to your shítty website and coming up with writing fake stories about a recently deceased kid?
Just goes to show, any and everything can be abused.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1006 on: December 18, 2023, 09:15:10 AM »
Demographic doom.

Sure looks like people in their late 20s, 30s .. have plateaued at 1 in 3 married.

I'd imagine the next decade's kids will be 1 in 4 or worse.

Those numbers really pack a demographic punch.  Fewer marriages, fewer kids.  More wild sex parties, though?

Let us know, young Scoop nation.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: December 18, 2023, 09:35:42 AM »
Maybe something like how animals can sense an earthquake coming.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: December 18, 2023, 09:44:47 AM »
Demographic doom.

Sure looks like people in their late 20s, 30s .. have plateaued at 1 in 3 married.

Those numbers really pack a demographic punch.  Fewer marriages, fewer kids.  More wild sex parties, though?

The Washington Post gave a pretty good reason a few weeks back
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: December 18, 2023, 12:51:24 PM »
The Washington Post gave a pretty good reason a few weeks back
Drag queens?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: December 18, 2023, 12:55:06 PM »
Which subset of humanity refuses to marry what other subset of humanity.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1011 on: December 18, 2023, 07:50:48 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: December 20, 2023, 06:21:56 AM »
Demographic doom.

Millennials are also less likely to get divorced.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: December 27, 2023, 07:37:01 AM »
True doom

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: December 27, 2023, 03:38:58 PM »
I stand corrected! Looks like a new ice age a-comin'

Also, I appreciate the advisory not to go out in a small craft. Disaster averted!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: December 27, 2023, 09:26:16 PM »
you idiot! Explain this

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Milwaukee+WI?canonicalCityId=317bac1c5a109363e634cb3a35bc7ac00f6b8a92fe2113a4ec81ac40839fd007

A graph that begins in 1850 hardly can define a norm for a planet Billions of years old. It misses the Roman warming period and the Medieval warming period as well. Plus a gas that comprises .04% of the atmosphere and is the reason plants thrive is not a culprit for a “climate crisis”. Science you cannot question is not science that is propoganda

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1017 on: December 27, 2023, 09:35:45 PM »
A graph that begins in 1850 hardly can define a norm for a planet Billions of years old. It misses the Roman warming period and the Medieval warming period as well. Plus a gas that comprises .04% of the atmosphere and is the reason plants thrive is not a culprit for a “climate crisis”. Science you cannot question is not science that is propoganda

*propaganda

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: December 28, 2023, 08:48:38 AM »

You're an idiot.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: December 28, 2023, 09:41:07 AM »
I vote that the world does absolutely nothing about global warming/climate change.

Our great-grandkids will like learning about what used to be Florida before they go vacation on the expanded Georgia coast.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: December 28, 2023, 09:50:27 AM »
Plus a gas that comprises .04% of the atmosphere and is the reason plants thrive is not a culprit for a “climate crisis”.

This is science-based, unassailable logic. I've changed my mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1021 on: December 28, 2023, 10:56:42 AM »
Demographic doom.

My thoughts:

1. Co-habitation with an SO is pretty normal now. Even just after I graduated from MU in 1990, people usually didn't live together prior to marriage. Now it happens all of the time.

2. If living together outside of marriage is commonplace, then the primary reason to get married is to have children. And younger people just aren't doing that. The US is following western Europe, China, Japan, etc. and just not having children. They're expensive.

I could go on about what this would mean for our economic outlook and how it needs to mesh with our immigration policy, but that's a different topic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: December 28, 2023, 11:27:00 AM »

My thoughts:

1. Co-habitation with an SO is pretty normal now. Even just after I graduated from MU in 1990, people usually didn't live together prior to marriage. Now it happens all of the time.

2. If living together outside of marriage is commonplace, then the primary reason to get married is to have children. And younger people just aren't doing that. The US is following western Europe, China, Japan, etc. and just not having children. They're expensive.

I could go on about what this would mean for our economic outlook and how it needs to mesh with our immigration policy, but that's a different topic.

Sultan, you are spot on with your comment about birth rate/immigration and this is, in my opinion, perhaps the greatest problem we face that is getting almost no attention whatsoever.  It could lead to some very tough times ahead for us if we don't address it soon. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: December 28, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »

I think an addendum to that is, at least in my experience, having a long term partner, having kids, and getting married later is far more common in Europe than in the US.  I know of a number business associates and friends who have been with their wives for for 20+ years, have teenage kids, but have been married less than 10, and a few who still aren't legally.  Interestingly, they have kids much younger than Americans, but just don't get married.  And its planned, not some youthful indiscretions.