collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Daily Dose of Doom Thread  (Read 168432 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Daily Dose of Doom Thread
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2023, 06:17:13 AM »
Were the lies he told about his college and law school “achievements” gaffes or made up self aggrandizing lies that he knew were lies?

You're trying to tell me politicians lie? 

What a revelation.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #901 on: August 11, 2023, 07:47:26 AM »
Were the lies he told about his college and law school “achievements” gaffes or made up self aggrandizing lies that he knew were lies?

You realize when anyone mentions politicians and lies about college, everyone is thinking of George Santos.

WTF does George Santos have to do with this conversation?!?!?!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #902 on: August 16, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »
Could someone explain to me why someone would lie about watching a  Pittsburgh bridge collapse in front of their eyes?  Or was that another "gaffe"?  What on earth would possess someone to do that?  These kind of lies tell me he's seriously pathological. Get rid of both of these people before the '24 election. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #903 on: August 16, 2023, 12:08:56 PM »
Could someone explain to me why someone would lie about watching a  Pittsburgh bridge collapse in front of their eyes?  Or was that another "gaffe"?  What on earth would possess someone to do that?  These kind of lies tell me he's seriously pathological. Get rid of both of these people before the '24 election.

Muggsy, you (and fox) added the "in front of his eyes". He said he watched it collapse. I'm sure he did  watch it when he watched the footage afterwards like the rest of us. After saying that, he then said "I got there and I saw it collapased" past tense. He said he watched it first, then got to pittsburgh, then saw the aftermath.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #904 on: August 16, 2023, 12:17:45 PM »
Carry water, get big shoulders.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #905 on: August 16, 2023, 12:21:07 PM »
Muggsy, you (and fox) added the "in front of his eyes". He said he watched it collapse. I'm sure he did  watch it when he watched the footage afterwards like the rest of us. After saying that, he then said "I got there and I saw it collapased" past tense. He said he watched it first, then got to pittsburgh, then saw the aftermath.

I couldn't care less about these gaffes at this point.  Its proving nothing that will convince anyone that doesn't already have their mind made up about Biden and his presidential fitness, either way.  It is what it is, but the exact quote was  "I watched that bridge collapse.  I got there and saw it collapse, with over 200 feet above ground going over a valley.  It collapsed"

The past tense wasn't there until after the present tense was used twice.  Now he very well could be saying he got there and saw video of it, but its confusing wording and tense at best.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #906 on: August 16, 2023, 12:56:07 PM »
I couldn't care less about these gaffes at this point.  Its proving nothing that will convince anyone that doesn't already have their mind made up about Biden and his presidential fitness, either way.  It is what it is, but the exact quote was  "I watched that bridge collapse.  I got there and saw it collapse, with over 200 feet above ground going over a valley.  It collapsed"

The past tense wasn't there until after the present tense was used twice.  Now he very well could be saying he got there and saw video of it, but its confusing wording and tense at best.

The quote is "I got there, I saw it collapsed."

Even if I'm mishearing. The quote still doesn't mean he is claiming to have to been there when it collapsed. Unless you think every politician who has talked about watching the towers fall on 9/11 is claiming that they were actually in New York when it happened.

If he had said what Muggsy claimed "the bridge collapsed in front of my eyes" I would call him out for lying. This is twisting nothing into something.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #907 on: August 16, 2023, 01:06:58 PM »
Definitely the most significant presidential scandal in the news this week.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #908 on: August 16, 2023, 01:28:08 PM »
Hey at least there’s a lot less civilian drone strikes while he stumbles over some words

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #909 on: August 16, 2023, 02:36:10 PM »
The quote is "I got there, I saw it collapsed."

Even if I'm mishearing. The quote still doesn't mean he is claiming to have to been there when it collapsed. Unless you think every politician who has talked about watching the towers fall on 9/11 is claiming that they were actually in New York when it happened.

If he had said what Muggsy claimed "the bridge collapsed in front of my eyes" I would call him out for lying. This is twisting nothing into something.

That’s fair.  I watched/listened again and the end of the word is a bit garbled, could be collapse or collapsed.  But either way, who cares.  I agree that the “in front of my eyes” is nonexistent

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #910 on: August 16, 2023, 03:12:41 PM »

So you can care less when he told the mother of a Marine who was bombed at Abbey Gate in Kabul that he knows how she feels because his son Beau was brought back in a coffin from Iraq?  The guy is a liar and a felon and Trump is as well. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #911 on: August 16, 2023, 03:18:14 PM »
So you can care less when he told the mother of a Marine who was bombed at Abbey Gate in Kabul that he knows how she feels because his son Beau was brought back in a coffin from Iraq?  The guy is a liar and a felon and Trump is as well.
Have a decaf, Muggsy. First time digging into how the sausage is made in DC?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #912 on: August 16, 2023, 03:21:30 PM »

Joe is a "felon?"
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #913 on: August 16, 2023, 03:33:06 PM »

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #914 on: August 16, 2023, 05:05:32 PM »
If you count war crimes, every modern president is a felon!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #915 on: August 16, 2023, 05:08:55 PM »
Run for office, Muggsy
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #916 on: August 16, 2023, 05:10:22 PM »

Joe is a "felon?"
He watches Fox, so...

They kind of skip over that part of the law where you need facts and evidence. Feelings are what matter in matters of the law!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #917 on: August 16, 2023, 05:13:20 PM »
He watches Fox, so...

They kind of skip over that part of the law where you need facts and evidence. Feelings are what matter in matters of the law!

🐷🐷

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #918 on: August 16, 2023, 05:40:15 PM »

Wow. I must not be a good judge of people because I didn't have Muggsy pegged for this. First the whataboutism without acknowledging his false post and then calling JRB a felon (spoiler alert: he isn't) which, I guess, makes Muggsy a liar. Which we know he detests.

My apologies to the mods. My next post on this thread will not be political in any way because I don't want to be responsible for getting this thread locked.

Thanks to TAMU for fact checking.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #919 on: August 16, 2023, 05:47:05 PM »
The guy is a ... felon and Trump is as well.

Actually, the previous president is a criminal defendant who faces a mere 91 felony charges. The current president hasn't been charged with any crimes, and the House committee's star witness actually said the exact opposite about what they wanted him to say about Biden's involvement in Hunter's situation.

Now sure, both could end up being felons. One is quite a bit further down that road than the other ... but hey, Muggs, a kid can dream, so go for it.

Definitely the most significant presidential scandal in the news this week.

Next thing you know, Obama will be wearing his beige suit again! Talk about a dose of doom!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #920 on: August 16, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »
Wow. I must not be a good judge of people because I didn't have Muggsy pegged for this. First the whataboutism without acknowledging his false post and then calling JRB a felon (spoiler alert: he isn't) which, I guess, makes Muggsy a liar. Which we know he detests.

My apologies to the mods. My next post on this thread will not be political in any way because I don't want to be responsible for getting this thread locked.

Thanks to TAMU for fact checking.
Not only did Fox/Muggsy tack on "in front of my eyes" to the first story, they/he tacked on "from Iraq" in the second instance.

Lies, for when the truth just doesn't stir enough outrage.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #921 on: August 16, 2023, 05:53:14 PM »
There is a 0.0% chance Joe didn't know about Hunter's "business" dealings.  He was Hunter's "business".  There is at least a 20m money trail, probably much more.  Those of you that are excusing this behavior and don't think it was illegal are living in la-la-land.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #922 on: August 16, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »
1) Are you going to acknowledge that both of your attributed statements were false?

2) Again, if only there were any evidence of your claims...seems like that might be important*

*ED: I am not a lawyer, so maybe I don't understand how this law thingy works
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:03:19 PM by TSmith34, Inc. »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #923 on: August 16, 2023, 06:16:57 PM »
There is a 0.0% chance Joe didn't know about Hunter's "business" dealings.  He was Hunter's "business".  There is at least a 20m money trail, probably much more.  Those of you that are excusing this behavior and don't think it was illegal are living in la-la-land.

This is your brain on Fox News.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #924 on: August 16, 2023, 06:22:31 PM »
This is your brain on Fox News.

First of all I don't get my news from Fox News.  I read the Wall Street Journal.  Secondly, everything on Fox News isn't inaccurate just as everything on CNN isn't inaccurate.  Was the initial NYPost article about Hunter's l-top, that was banned from YTube , Twitter, and Facebook, inaccurate?

feedback