[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Proposed 2nd round of stimulus  (Read 13739 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Proposed 2nd round of stimulus
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »
What the hell, Ziggy? You told me I'm the smartest person around. 
I'm starting to suspect your compliments are less than sincere.

I must have been drunk.  I think you're a no talent ass-clown.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2020, 10:10:18 PM »
I must have been drunk.  I think you're a no talent ass-clown.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2020, 10:30:02 PM »
A horse by a different name.  Congrats, you call them something that they aren't.  I suggest you continue to show up once a month to congratulate yourself.  Consider yourself the very small minority of small businesses that can afford to pay people months on end.  And a lot of people would call you an idiot for not investing that money in your employees or your business.  We haven't been paying ourselves either, but I don't need to announce that.  Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

Is it just ingrained in yo to attack all the time? 

Mr Goose, what you are doing is brave and my sincerest hope that you and your family (work and nuclear) are rewarded in the end.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »
Well, this seems to have gone well.

Hards & Goose both get credit for running businesses and trying to keep their peeps afloat.

The both get zero points for arguing with each other.

Everyone jumping to one or the others defense gets demerits.

I thank you all for posting and keeping our part of the world financially solvent.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2020, 10:32:21 PM »
Is it just ingrained in yo to attack all the time? 

Mr Goose, what you are doing is brave and my sincerest hope that you and your family (work and nuclear) are rewarded in the end.

Just playing defense here, Jamie.

Knew you wouldn't be able to stay away either.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2020, 10:32:37 PM »
This crew hasn’t answered questions from the beginning. Why would they do that now?

Passive aggressiveness and generational wealth is all they’ve got.

Do we know the life stories of these people to illicit such a comment? 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2020, 05:28:39 AM »
Hards

Zero attempt to show you up.

Bull.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2020, 05:32:34 AM »
This crew hasn’t answered questions from the beginning. Why would they do that now?

Yep.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2020, 06:01:58 AM »
Uh huh, we all suffer from white guilt and are privileged white boys, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2020, 06:30:57 AM »
Archie

Please explain how I was showing up Hards in my post. Am I not allowed to share my experience on scoop? If my sharing how I have handled this crisis is showing someone up, then this world is more Fxxked up than I thought it was.
Is Warriorchick showing me up by mentioning her recent retirement and how she is navigating things? Of course she is not. She is sharing her fxxkin experience and I appreciate hearing from others.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2020, 07:30:36 AM »
A lot of stress.   A lot of frustration.   A lot of anxiety.   All boiling over here.   In different times, I am sure Hards and Goose  could sit down over a pint and solve a lot of problems. 

As I mentioned elsewhere, scoop is ahead of the curve with a lot of these inevitable discussions and arguments. 

The thing is, we all want the same thing.   We all want a treatment, a vaccine, an accelerated timetable so we can get back to the work that we love.  (Not me.   They won't let me stop.  Oy.).  To the lives that we had made that are now f'd up beyond imagination.   

Thoughts and prayers to all.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2020, 07:58:34 AM »
Archie

Please explain how I was showing up Hards in my post. Am I not allowed to share my experience on scoop? If my sharing how I have handled this crisis is showing someone up, then this world is more Fxxked up than I thought it was.
Is Warriorchick showing me up by mentioning her recent retirement and how she is navigating things? Of course she is not. She is sharing her fxxkin experience and I appreciate hearing from others.

Seems like I'm not the only one who thought you were doing it. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »
Tower

Life is crazy right now and so much uncertainty in the world. While I do not think I could offer Hards any advice because I have no idea what he does, I am pulling for him and every other small business out there. Sadly, like Hards mentioned, I very possibly am making idiotic decisions currently. I have no idea what today is going to look like business wise and definitely have zero idea how it might look in the weeks and months ahead.

To be honest, I probably am bit scared and definitely frustrated. I started living the COVID life starting the day Wuhan was shutdown because of my chosen line of work. It has been a hard two plus months and sadly there really is no one to talk to because this is filled with unknowns. I try not to worry my family, I try to help my staff and I try not to cry some days.

All I know, is I am going to try and figure things out and hope and plan for the best. Who knows, maybe Hards comment on my idiotic decisions may end up being great advice.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2020, 08:29:47 AM »
Born on third....
No sh!t. Really thinks he hit a triple.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2020, 08:31:34 AM »
A lot of stress.   A lot of frustration.   A lot of anxiety.   All boiling over here.   In different times, I am sure Hards and Goose  could sit down over a pint and solve a lot of problems. 

As I mentioned elsewhere, scoop is ahead of the curve with a lot of these inevitable discussions and arguments. 

The thing is, we all want the same thing.   We all want a treatment, a vaccine, an accelerated timetable so we can get back to the work that we love.  (Not me.   They won't let me stop.  Oy.).  To the lives that we had made that are now f'd up beyond imagination.   

Thoughts and prayers to all.

I posted the article a few weeks ago.

The term is "moral fatique" when every decision you make feels like it is a life or death decision. 
If I go grocery shopping am I going to get cornoavirus?  If I go to the office am I going to get coronavirus?  Am I going to get cornoavirus off this package I just received?  It's mentally and physically draining and makes us all edgier.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
Goose, you are a good guy.   Hards is a good guy.  Most of the people here are mostly good most of the time.   We are all frustrated and scared and anxious and burning out rapidly.   Hang in there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »
Tower

Thank you. It would be nice to be recapping the Masters over this mess, but such is life. I am going to head up to Kohler on the next nice weekend day and walk the grounds at Blackwolf and Whistling. Thinking of heading to Erin Hills and walking there after work.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2020, 03:30:58 PM »
I have employees that want to stay on unemployment because they get that and then $600 more... amounts to $22/hr.  Can someone explain this?  Why would my employees want to take the PPP money we applied for to keep them employed?  Makes no financial sense for them.

I hope I did the math wrong, but I'm not sure I did.

Wow - if that’s really how it’s working, that is really messed up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
Goose, I reserve the right to call you an idiot about something basketball related next season.    ;D    Should be a beautiful walk.   

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2020, 03:40:28 PM »
Goose, you are a good guy.   Hards is a good guy.  Most of the people here are mostly good most of the time.   We are all frustrated and scared and anxious and burning out rapidly.   Hang in there.

+1

Goose

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »
Tower

You can join the long list of folks that think I am in idiot on MU ball. Actually looking forward to it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »

Thanks for writing this. Worth remembering.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »

I discuss this with my students quite regularly. Remind them that it is ok to be frustrated/scared/anxious and to be burned out, and that it is normal, and if they need someone to chat with to let me know.

I also remind them that their friends, parents, and family members are thinking/feeling the same way, so if they have a little blow up, or get angry, to give them some space, and some leeway.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »

Born on third....

You know what, y'all are right. 

I apologize specifically to Goose, rocket, etc. for these two statements.  They were wrong and uncalled for.  Born out of stress induced frustration, which isn't an excuse by any means.  I should know better.

Outside of walking the dog, I have not been anywhere besides my house for almost two weeks.  My wife needs a prescription picket up and I enthusiastically offered to do it for her just so I can go for a drive.  I'm going to do that now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
And now, to really run this point into the ground...

We all want the same thing.  An effective treatment, a vaccine, testing.   We all want our lives back.    The disagreements are along the safety vs economy graph,  when to reopen the economy, and whether the federal government's response has been adequate and timely.

But... We all want to get to the same place.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:04:10 PM by tower912 »