collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: McD AA Game  (Read 595 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
McD AA Game
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
I was honored again this year to be asked to speak to the McDonald's All American teams. Really good group of kids.

Having watched a lot of video to prep, Duke and Kentucky are going to be loaded next year. Talked to Jayson Tatum for a bit, well spoken individual. Didn't get to see Josh Jackson, but he's going to be a beast. Future of college hoops looks good.

Tatum posted some pictures of us on Twitter if anyone cares.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: McD AA Game
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:58:48 PM »
How's our favorite warrior doing?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:22:26 PM »
Really well, thanks for asking. He was there today and loved every second of it. Josh Langford (Mich St) asked Bradley for his autograph which was a cool moment.

13 months post stem cell transplant, going to kindergarten, being a regular 5 year old boy. Couldn't have gotten there without Warrior Nation, still beyond thankful to all of you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
Very cool.  Must be a really cool experience.  Are they now having the McDonald's AA game in Chicago every year?  I know it was in Milwaukee when I was at Marquette and has been at other locations in the past, but I think it was Chicago last year as well.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've shared the story about my sister going to a Xavier (she's an alum) mass before they played at DePaul a few years ago and talking to James Farr about Greg Von Rueden, who at the time was 15 years old and battling cancer (and a kid who I had coached in volleyball) because he had shared his story about losing a family member to cancer during the mass.  Farr asked my sister if she could send Greg a message and made a video message letting him know he had heard about his cause and was rooting for him and standing with him, etc.  Pretty cool of him...

My brother is now a freshman at Xavier and was wearing his "Yellow for Greg" t shirt around campus this past week.  Farr saw it and stopped him to ask how Greg was doing, and said he was really sorry to hear it when my brother told him he had passed away.  Cool that he remembered him after about 2 1/2 years had passed and cared enough to stop my brother and ask about him.

Moral of the story (and what I think is the moral of the thread) is that a lot of these guys are more than good basketball players, they're also really good people who deserve the success they have.  And that cancer sucks.  Glad to hear the little guy's kicking ass.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter