[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NMD Roll Call  (Read 6017 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: NMD Roll Call
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2024, 10:57:35 AM »
The event level is where the VIP access is on the north or NE side of FiFo. As you pass through security, you can take an escalator up to the B&G (Jockey), walk to the BMO or take the elevators to the other club/suite areas (you can also enter via other random spots). You need passes and wristbands to enter any club.

Call the B&G for a wrist band. They offer a limited amount per game for a cost. I think it's like $15. You will get full access, starting 1.5 hours before.

https://www.fiservforum.com/premium-experiences/premium-spaces

So it sounds like this beer might only be available in the premium areas, not to us Great Unwashed that don't have wristbands? 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2024, 10:59:14 AM »
Well, I am sure there might be stipulations attached (donation levels).  😝

Ah, so they want to keep the rabble (me) out?

Makes sense.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2024, 11:01:11 AM »
So it sounds like this beer might only be available in the premium areas, not to us Great Unwashed that don't have wristbands?

Give me your credit card and I'll have one of my serfs bring a beer out.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2024, 11:03:45 AM »
Ha!  Guess I'm buying a round for you and the serfs.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

romey

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2024, 11:03:59 AM »
go to bandgbrewing.com and you can find local stores and bars that will carry it including Avenue Liquor Store on 6th and Wisconsin, Ray's in Tosa, Total Wine (check your location first) and Woodman's (again, check first).  Take some home!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2024, 11:05:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip...I live a few blocks from Ray's  :)

EDIT:  Sorry Dr. B, the serfs will have to buy their own BeerCans on Saturday.  I found a source!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2024, 11:08:18 AM »
Heading up from Chicago with a couple of friends, sitting in sec 118. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2024, 11:16:15 AM »
Rolling in from New Berlin.  Attending with three classmates from class of '82.

Great class!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2024, 11:16:48 AM »
Thanks for the tip...I live a few blocks from Ray's  :)

EDIT:  Sorry Dr. B, the serfs will have to buy their own BeerCans on Saturday.  I found a source!

And you can buy a 12-pack for the price of one FF beer.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2024, 01:02:18 PM »
Unfortunately sold my tickets due to a conflict (which now has been cancelled). Will be watching from Oshkosh!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2024, 02:55:52 PM »
8.5 point favorite to open for Marquette tomorrow.
VIOLENCE!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2024, 03:13:45 PM »
8.5 point favorite to open for Marquette tomorrow.
Won't cover
Goal is National Championship

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2024, 05:19:33 PM »
I heard Goolsbys will have BOTH MU beers tomorrow ! ! !  Be there, or be Square ! ! !  RING OUT AHOYA ! ! !   All four of us will be in GOLD Tomorrow at Goolsbys, the Game and Goolsbys AFTER !!!!  8-)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2024, 05:24:37 PM »
Last year the Las Vegas alumni club had their NMD gathering at Circa, arguably the best sports book in town. A young alum works there.

This year it's not available. Not sure why; not much going on in town this weekend.
Have some patience, FFS.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2024, 09:00:50 PM »
I'll meet my friend Barry from Oconomowoc at Katie's Diner. I like starting off the morning with a Bloody Mary. They don't have chicken fried steak anymore so I'll order pancakes. I don't see Katie’s on any of the lists for popular MNC hangouts but it's familiar to us so it's not a problem.  Al loved the place. I always have. We ride the bus to the game for free and we don’t have to worry about parking. Sometimes getting old has its benefits. Of course I miss the excitement going to the game with friends or with family. And there’s nothing better than walking into the arena and people you know say “Let’s follow him he know’s the way”.

What’s so good is not thinking about anything in your life for a few hours and just enjoying the game. The tension and belief that the players are up to any challenge is always paramount. That’s so nail biting some times. Tomorrow won’t be a cakewalk but MU will win.

It’s a trip. If you’re coming from across the country you’ve already made your plans.

So I hope  you all make the pilgrimage back to the past if you haven’t been there in a while.

I understand this game is sold out. That’s commonplace now. And it will stay this way.

This team will not bend or falter. Get revenge against Butler on the road and walk into Uconn on the 17th with a confidence that this team can score more points than any other team.

And then keep the run going. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2024, 09:28:52 PM »
I'll be watching from home as a favor to all MU.  Given the only game I've attended in a couple years was the Butler game last month and it was obviously my fault we lost.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2024, 11:16:51 PM »
I'll meet my friend Barry from Oconomowoc at Katie's Diner. I like starting off the morning with a Bloody Mary. They don't have chicken fried steak anymore so I'll order pancakes. I don't see Katie’s on any of the lists for popular MNC hangouts but it's familiar to us so it's not a problem.  Al loved the place. I always have. We ride the bus to the game for free and we don’t have to worry about parking. Sometimes getting old has its benefits. Of course I miss the excitement going to the game with friends or with family. And there’s nothing better than walking into the arena and people you know say “Let’s follow him he know’s the way”.

What’s so good is not thinking about anything in your life for a few hours and just enjoying the game. The tension and belief that the players are up to any challenge is always paramount. That’s so nail biting some times. Tomorrow won’t be a cakewalk but MU will win.

It’s a trip. If you’re coming from across the country you’ve already made your plans.

So I hope  you all make the pilgrimage back to the past if you haven’t been there in a while.

I understand this game is sold out. That’s commonplace now. And it will stay this way.

This team will not bend or falter. Get revenge against Butler on the road and walk into Uconn on the 17th with a confidence that this team can score more points than any other team.

This is great.

Makes me want to show up at Katies to buy you guys a drink to be honest.

Thanks for your perspective, and thanks for continuing to support for all these years, and that goes for all the elder statesmen.

Do what makes you happy. If miss Katie’s is it, then live that to its fullest.

You paint an amazing picture, and the only thing that would make that better is having to March down Wisconsin Avenue from Katie’s after a Natty.

Get ready Oilcan!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2024, 01:01:59 AM »
Driving up from Chicago for the game!  Go Marquette!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2024, 03:38:31 AM »
Doctor

Oilcan is always ready and always delivers on his posts. Hopefully all of MU nation is ready because a very big two months of basketball is coming up.

I realized last week that it is time to get fired up and enjoy the final push from this group of guys. Every game is a big one moving forward.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 05:31:55 AM by Goose »

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2024, 05:29:11 AM »
Does anyone know where within the FF any of these (the BMO Club, the Jockey Club, and the Founders Room) beer outlets are located?

Last year on NMD the special beer was available at some of the stands that sell beer. They were being snapped up as fast as they could be brought in but we were able to get one without access to any special areas

We’re planning to enter shortly after the gates open to get something to eat anyway so we’ll see if the same place has some.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2024, 06:27:23 AM »

Poetry

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:22:06 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2024, 07:05:10 AM »
Doctor

Oilcan is always ready and always delivers on his posts. Hopefully all of MU nation is ready because a very big two months of basketball is coming up.

I realized last week that it is time to get fired up and enjoy the final push from this group of guys. Every game is a big one moving forward.

Goose,  you said after the pre conference that it seemed like the team had played a gauntlet of teams and it felt like an entire season already.  The team then hit a little lull.  They probably felt the same way.  It now feels like the beginning of a second season and our Warriors look fresh and ready to go.  My excitement for one of the stronger finishes we’ve seen in MU history is still sky high. 

LFG today and the the rest of the season!  Two months to go fellas! Let’s do this!

Also, oil can. I love it. Hope I run into you today.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2024, 07:27:14 AM »
I'm rolling in from WFB.  The village provides a Presidential Motorcade for whenever 'Topper leaves his residence, hoping to draft off of that.

Taking the chopper today.  Sorry, BayForce1 is full.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2024, 07:48:46 AM »
Taking the chopper today.  Sorry, BayForce1 is full.
Arby's to go?
Goal is National Championship

feedback