Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton  (Read 14839 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Creighton
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »
Big time win tonight.  Didn't get to watch, will have to wait until tomorrow night or Friday to watch it and maybe contribute to the Xavier discussion.

Having said that, biggest game of the year coming up on Saturday.  How do we strap up our dancing shoes and lock up our spot in the Tournament?

Make Foster take a lot of shots to get his points.  They're coming.  Just don't let them come efficiently.

Get Patton into foul trouble and keep him out of the lane.  I think the key for this is to get Fischer going.  Fischer got him into foul trouble at their place.

Don't let Huff or Hegner get hot.  Patton and Foster probably get theirs.  You can't let the role guys get theirs.

Play hard and as a team for 40 minutes.

Let's get one for the seniors and ensure they taste the NCAA Tournament.  Fight on, Warriors.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Creighton
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:26 PM »
Saturday biggest game of the Year, a"i"naaaa??
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »

Yes.  As stated in the original post.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:33:41 PM »
Very good chance this game will be played into the 90s. Should be fun to watch. Creighton had no answer for Reinhardt last time. He caused them all sorts of match-up issues. Similar to what he did tonight.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:20 PM »
Anyone have an idea of how many tickets are still left for Saturday?

Got mine a few weeks ago, but curious to see what the demand is like right now.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:37:18 PM »
Anyone have an idea of how many tickets are still left for Saturday?

Got mine a few weeks ago, but curious to see what the demand is like right now.

Stubhub has atleast 200 left.

I saw a bunch on marquette tickets. I bought 5.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »
Predicted Patton would go 30 and 15 last time and the opposite happened.

Honestly, I have no idea. Should be a high scoring affair if anything (so obviously it will be 66-63). Will be screaming my lungs out from the upper deck. Looking for JJJ and Luke to finish strong!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:35 PM »
Predicted Patton would go 30 and 15 last time and the opposite happened.

Honestly, I have no idea. Should be a high scoring affair if anything (so obviously it will be 66-63). Will be screaming my lungs out from the upper deck. Looking for JJJ and Luke to finish strong!

He went for 15 and 30!?!?

;)

Jk but seriously let's do this!

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 11:48:04 PM »
He went for 15 and 30!?!?

;)

Jk but seriously let's do this!

Trying to think what a game like that would look like. Maybe if we shot 20% and he missed all of the putbacks on the offensive end.

Just hope Luke comes to play like he did last time we ruffled their Jay feathers.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
Im hoping JJJ has turned a corner and doesn't trying to play hero ball on senior night.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
Senior day!
This win would be icing and keep us from Dayton.

Question:
Do the seniors start? (JJJ and Luke? As we know Katin has been a beast off the bench).
My belief is no. Don't mess with a good thing for the team.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »
Senior day!

Question:
Do the seniors start? (JJJ and Luke? As we know Katin has been a beast off the bench).

I'm pretty sure in the past, Wojo has not started the seniors if they weren't normally starters.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
Senior day!

Question:

No.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
Win Saturday, solidify bid, 10 wins, 3rd place in BE .. and .. would Wojo be the BE Coach of the Year?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 10:54:48 AM »
Win Saturday, solidify bid, 10 wins, 3rd place in BE .. and .. would Wojo be the BE Coach of the Year?

Crazy with the variability on the season but I think he would be in the conversation.

I am looking forward to a packed and rowdy BC to send off the seniors.  Senior day/night has typically been a letdown game for us in the old BE and its been irrelevant in the new BE -- time to turn that around.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »
Amazing what can happen in one game.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
Senior day!

Question:

No reason to start the seniors, but it's a nice gesture to announce them at the opening intros. I believe Frozena even got that treatment his senior year (albeit under Buzz).

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
I think you should start the seniors.  Its not like we are at a big disadvantage with Luke, Katin and JJJ on the floor.  Would still start either Markus or Rowsey and Sam or you could start both PGs and have Sam come in later.  While the current starting line up has improved things its not undefeated.  Then at the first media time out you sub in Sam/the other PG and Heldt for Fish and whoever is not hot and you're back to your normal rotation.  Its not like these Seniors are bench players they just needed a wake up call a few weeks back on defensive intensity.
Let them hear their names called one last time during the starting intros.  It might make them come out even more focused.   

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 11:30:28 AM »

...and everyone was saying last nights game was the biggest. I guess every game from here on out is the biggest.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
...and everyone was saying last nights game was the biggest. I guess every game from here on out is the biggest.

Someone should have thought of this before

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »
Absolutely no reason to start the seniors despite senior day.  The team is 3-1 under the new starting lineup, and the seniors were pretty big reasons why MU didn't close out the Providence game.  You don't reward the seniors with a start.  You reward the seniors by giving them the best opportunity to end their college careers in the NCAA tourney.

With that said, I'm hoping for a big finish for Luke.  He had a monster game the last time they played, going for 18 and 8 with six blocks and getting Patton in foul trouble.  I'm not expecting those numbers, but if there is a game for him to bounce back, this is it.   

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »
Per ESPN, this will be the 3rd most exciting game this Saturday - yet we're relegated to FS2.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/view/predictions/group/50/date/20170304

Interesting to look at last night's games.  2nd behind the Northwestern game. 
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/view/predictions/group/50/date/20170301
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

Wojo's done well, but it has to be Chris Holtmann. Picked 6th preseason and finished a comfortable 2nd. I think Jay Wright will get consideration too, but it should be Holtmann, and he deserves consideration for the National honor too.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »
Agreed on Holtman and Wright top 2 for COY. Not sure how the voting works, but Wojo getting some 3rd-place votes certainly a possibility if they win Saturday. Lots of guys worthy of consideration this year IMHO. Cooley, Willard, McDermott, Mullin even a little bit come to mind. Mack fine. Anybody but Thompson and Leitao.
GO WARRIORS!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »
1. Holtmann
2. Cooley
3. Wright

feedback