'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Danny Pudi on Olbermann  (Read 32735 times)

brandx

Re: Danny Pudi on Olbermann
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 04:21:10 PM »
Is every thread about anything on Olbermann's SPORTS related show going to turn into a political debate or a debate on him as a person?

Because if so I'm just going to go ahead and ignore them.

I saw the segment. It was very interesting, thanks to the OP for posting on it.

Apparently so. I'm just happy and surprised no one attacked Al or Bo for being open and liberal.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
cbs sports just had a show on top 10 unexpected ncaa tournament heroes who never played beyond college ball. it included jim boylan and his significance in the 1977 championship game.  north carolina must have overlooked him on the scouting report.  not only did he help shut down phil ford, but also scored 14 points, 7 more than his average.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 06:39:48 PM »
Apparently so. I'm just happy and surprised no one attacked Al or Bo for being open and liberal.

Right? If anybody watched untucked it mentioned how liberal a school like MU was back in the 70s. It has changed drastically since then. Now being very liberal, like myself, is in the minority at MU.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
cbs sports just had a show on top 10 unexpected ncaa tournament heroes who never played beyond college ball. it included jim boylan and his significance in the 1977 championship game.  north carolina must have overlooked him on the scouting report.  not only did he help shut down phil ford, but also scored 14 points, 7 more than his average.   

He was definitely an unheralded hero that night. He made several key free throws that allowed MU to dictate the tempo of the game in the 2nd half.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »
Right? If anybody watched untucked it mentioned how liberal a school like MU was back in the 70s. It has changed drastically since then. Now being very liberal, like myself, is in the minority at MU.

I think MU is pretty middle of the road, all things considered. And that's not a bad place to be.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 10:14:11 PM »

All relative. Liberal back then probably means something different today.

Don't forget that Al took over during the Civil Rights movement. MU was probably seen as liberal and radical because Al let his players, black and white, express themselves freely.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:54 AM »
Nothing political about it.....Olbermann is a terrible, horrible human being. 

Known throughout the industry what an epic douche.  Horrific.  I don't care what he pontificates about....he is known by everyone in television as the worst of the worst.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/business/media/24olbermann.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.mediaite.com/online/person-claiming-to-be-former-countdown-employee-slams-keith-olbermann-in-scathing-gawker-post/

http://rt.com/usa/olbermann-sheen-current-fired-466/

100's of others.  Fired everywhere he has been, despised by his colleagues, turnover rates approaching 80% on his shows. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »

Known throughout the industry what an epic douche.  Horrific.  I don't care what he pontificates about....he is known by everyone in television as the worst of the worst.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/business/media/24olbermann.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.mediaite.com/online/person-claiming-to-be-former-countdown-employee-slams-keith-olbermann-in-scathing-gawker-post/

100's of others.  Fired everywhere he has been, despised by his colleagues, turnover rates approaching 80% on his shows. 

thank you!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »
Olbermann is a douche and a horrid human being.

Of course you think that
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
There is a certain pot-kettle irony there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

We know how you feel.

This thread isn't about that. Its about Pudi's film being featured on Olbermann's show.

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »
didn't know we are being graded.  i usually don't give a care when i'm writing on these boards how my puncuation or spelling or capitals(or lack there of), or sentences, phrases or whatever you're worried about.  basically i'm just expressing myself.  if you want a dissertation, you've come to the wrong place.  apology accepted

Excuse me for expecting someone with a decent education to have the basic ability to write. I do not want a dissertation, especially one which was probably drafted in crayon. This thread and board are not here for your political opinions. This is a thread celebrating the excellent short film by an MU alum.

As for my "apology," your writing is sorry, I am not.

All things being considered, this film left me wanting much, much more. I could have gone another hour of watching clips of the 70's Warriors.
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
I watched over lunctime and enjoyed.  Bo Ellis asking a student where he got the jersey and why he wasn't wearing #31 instead.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »

+1000    My neighbor used to be a producer for Olbermann when he was on TV in LA. BAD HUMAN BEING

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
Don't know what happened to my comment.

Had a neighbor who was a producer for Olbermann when he was on TV in LA. He is a terrible human being. Few  lamented his moving on

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 01:12:47 PM »
Is every thread about anything on Olbermann's SPORTS related show going to turn into a political debate or a debate on him as a person?

Because if so I'm just going to go ahead and ignore them.

I saw the segment. It was very interesting, thanks to the OP for posting on it.

I blame FDR and his New Deal! Frankly, I think ESPN could use a Richard Nixon-hosted talk show

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »
I blame FDR and his New Deal! Frankly, I think ESPN could use a Richard Nixon-hosted talk show

Would that kind of lile be a Futurama thing with Nixon's head in a fish tank?

brandx

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

I always figured you were more of a Spiro kinda guy 8-)

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »

I'd rather watch a Dan Quayle-Joe Biden cohosted show

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
...Al let his players, black and white, express themselves freely.

Speaking of Al letting his players express themselves, I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this mystery. I'm putting together my own collection of pre-1983 Marquette basketball images and I came across a couple pics from the 1972-73 season that show Larry McNeil wearing a jersey with black lettering instead of the standard yellow lettering worn by all the other players. I was just wondering if anyone who was around at that time might know the story behind it. Was it a protest thing? Black power? Mourning? He was also wearing it in the team photo in 'Untucked'.

Below is a pic of what I'm talking about. Any info anyone?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:35:19 PM by The Love House »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
didn't know we are being graded.  i usually don't give a care when i'm writing on these boards how my puncuation or spelling or capitals(or lack there of), or sentences, phrases or whatever you're worried about.  basically i'm just expressing myself.  if you want a dissertation, you've come to the wrong place.  apology accepted

I don't think he was serious.  I think he was saying it in the spirit of the thread: Olbermann-douchiness

brandx

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 02:27:06 PM »
I'd rather watch a Dan Quayle-Joe Biden cohosted show

They wouldn't even need a bloopers reel with those two ;D

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
Speaking of Al letting his players express themselves, I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this mystery. I'm putting together my own collection of pre-1983 Marquette basketball images and I came across a couple pics from the 1972-73 season that show Larry McNeil wearing a jersey with black lettering instead of the standard yellow lettering worn by all the other players. I was just wondering if anyone who was around at that time might know the story behind it. Was it a protest thing? Black power? Mourning? He was also wearing it in the team photo in 'Untucked'.

I don't know the answer to your question but I noticed the black wordmark during the show as well. The only thing I can think of is how Jim Boyland said they would test different color combos during practice to see how it would look on TV.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »

Spider is still kickin', but sadly all others in the pic have moved on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"