[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Charles Pierce, Boston Globe writer and MU grad, on the sexual assault issues  (Read 18248 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Guys, it was a photoshopped joke. I've never read or seen a Harry Potter but that was a pretty obvious photoshop, and I don't think it was malicious in any way.

reinko

• All American
Guys, it was a photoshopped joke. I've never read or seen a Harry Potter but that was a pretty obvious photoshop, and I don't think it was malicious in any way.

MS Paint sucka.  Photoshop is too fancy.

muwarrior69

• All American
First off, this hatchet job isn't even an article, it is a blog paragraph, and who found it? Hoopaloop? A guy with 48 posts? He sure seems to write and attack just like Chico did. My guess is that Hoopaloop is either Chico or Charles Pierce.

"Yep, I live in Boston, I read the Chicago Tribune attack, I read Michael Hunt's piece - I know exactly what happened." Unreal.

Chicos lives! Chicos Lives! Thank God Almighty Chicos Lives!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Thought it might be, but on the 2x3 inch iPhone screen, it looked pretty good. Can't wait 'til I can upgrade from 3G to 5G.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
First off, this hatchet job isn't even an article, it is a blog paragraph, and who found it? Hoopaloop? A guy with 48 posts? He sure seems to write and attack just like Chico did. My guess is that Hoopaloop is either Chico or Charles Pierce.

"Yep, I live in Boston, I read the Chicago Tribune attack, I read Michael Hunt's piece - I know exactly what happened." Unreal.

The only guy who would put forth the effort to discover Hoopaloop's true identity? Chicos, of course. Oh the irony.

If Chicos actually created Hoopaloop as his alter ego and fellow traveler in anticipation of a long "vacation" (ban) - well, that's pretty funny. Two guys who are the same guy congratulating themselves for being the only two good, loyal MU fans who don't have their heads in the sand - priceless.

4everwarriors

• All American
You flat out skippin' 4G?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
You flat out skippin' 4G?

I'd like to. My 3G contract is up in February, and last I heard the 5G was slated for late this year, by which time I should be able to upgrade. Figure why pay for two upgrades when this thing will suit me fine for another 4-7 months.

4everwarriors

• All American
The only guy who would put forth the effort to discover Hoopaloop's true identity? Chicos, of course. Oh the irony.

If Chicos actually created Hoopaloop as his alter ego and fellow traveler in anticipation of a long "vacation" (ban) - well, that's pretty funny. Two guys who are the same guy congratulating themselves for being the only two good, loyal MU fans who don't have their heads in the sand - priceless.

Maybe there are ghosts in the machine?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

g0lden3agle

• All American

I think it's even funnier that people find themselves so empty without a Chicos to bash on that they need to hypothesize whether poster X is actually Chicos from the dead.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
I cringe at that statement, ever since I read the letter to the editor from the sexual assault counselor who wrote "This policy change, directed by the Milwaukee County district attorney's office, strips victims on one campus of this autonomy (to decide not to report) and may have the unintended consequence of silencing rape victims."

If that's true, are you hard at work getting the State of Wisconsin to void the law so that no security force in the state has to follow the policy? They were violating the law. Hopefully now they are going to follow the law. You can argue on the merits of the law, but the school should at least consider itself below the law and follow the law.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
I think it's even funnier that people find themselves so empty without a Chicos to bash on that they need to hypothesize whether poster X is actually Chicos from the dead.

You're probably Chicos, too.

4everwarriors

• All American
Free the Indianapolis 500 and Chicos too.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
If that's true, are you hard at work getting the State of Wisconsin to void the law so that no security force in the state has to follow the policy? They were violating the law. Hopefully now they are going to follow the law. You can argue on the merits of the law, but the school should at least consider itself below the law and follow the law.

And despite so many people claiming MU was breaking the law, no one has actually found and cited this law they supposedly broke. If Marquette had broken a law, the University would be facing charges. Until either that happens or someone produces the statute they broke, all these claims from posters and uneducated journalists are baseless.

ringout

• Team Captain
And despite so many people claiming MU was breaking the law, no one has actually found and cited this law they supposedly broke. If Marquette had broken a law, the University would be facing charges. Until either that happens or someone produces the statute they broke, all these claims from posters and uneducated journalists are baseless.

Dollars to doughnuts, there is an email trail between DPS and MPD acknowledging that MPD was aware of what DPS was doing, and was OK with it.  MPD and the DA told MU to be quiet about that in exchange for no charges filed.

Gato78

• Team Captain
Dollars to doughnuts, there is an email trail between DPS and MPD acknowledging that MPD was aware of what DPS was doing, and was OK with it.  MPD and the DA told MU to be quiet about that in exchange for no charges filed.

So you are alleging a criminal conspiracy to cover up Marquette's actions by the cops, Marquette and the DA's office? I bet the US Attorney's Office would love this--why don't you report it?

GGGG

• All American
Brew. MU flat out admitted to not following the law. I don't know why a specific law needs to be referenced since all parties seem to acknowledge it. Also I thing alleged victims need to be counseled to go to student affairs to be counseled for rape if they want to do so anonymously. DPS is just like going to the police. DPS is not an anonymous service.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
If that's true, are you hard at work getting the State of Wisconsin to void the law so that no security force in the state has to follow the policy?

Nope, I'm not.  But perhaps the sexual assault responder community are doing so.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Brew. MU flat out admitted to not following the law. I don't know why a specific law needs to be referenced since all parties seem to acknowledge it. Also I thing alleged victims need to be counseled to go to student affairs to be counseled for rape if they want to do so anonymously. DPS is just like going to the police. DPS is not an anonymous service.

A non-lawyer saying Marquette broke the law, even if it's a Marquette representative, doesn't make it so. I simply don't believe Chisholm and other state authorities would turn a blind eye to ten years of law-breaking because MU said "sorry, we won't do it again". If this was true, the University would be in serious trouble. I honestly don't care if it came from Wilde himself. Was he just regurgitating Chisholm's rant? And if the DA was looking for a career-making case, plastering Marquette to the wall over this would be much bigger than just charging a few basketball players. Anyone who thinks Marquette has a ten-year history of legal violations that the DA and MPD are just willing to ignore is seriously delusional.

I do agree on the counseling, and I do worry that this policy could have some negative effects on victims in the future.

mugrad99

• Team Captain

Doesn't the law state that a private security firm that believes a crime has been committed must report it to the police? If they didn't believe a crime had been committed, there is no requirement to report.940.34(2)(b)

(b) Any person licensed as a private detective or granted a private security permit under s. 440.26 who has reasonable grounds to believe that a crime is being committed or has been committed shall notify promptly an appropriate law enforcement agency of the facts which form the basis for this belief

For a conviction, it must be proved that an accused believed a crime was being committed and that a victim was exposed to bodily harm.

Until I see a quote from MU officials, I would tend to believe they meant they were misapplying the standard of "belief".

4 in the last school year...http://www.campussafetymagazine.com/Channel/University-Security/News/2011/04/19/Univ-Reexamines-Sexual-Assault-Reporting-Policy.aspx
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:54:07 PM by indeelaw90 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
I'm Chicos.   8-)

Pakuni

• All American

reinko

• All American

Pakuni

• All American

There is a state statute that requires a licensed private security officer/operation to report to law enforcement when they "have reasonable grounds" to believe a crime has been or will be committed. That's the law.
However, the "reasonable grounds" phrase leaves some subjectivity in its application.

What some seem to be missing, however, is that this is a civil, not criminal, law. So, if MU were to be in violation, they wouldn't be charged. They could be sued for non-compliance, and there might be some financial punishment if a court agrees that's the case, but Father Wild isn't doing a perp walk over this.

lab_warrior

• All American
Whatever happened happened. I just can't wait for the season to get started so we could focus on something else.

AMEN TO THAT.  This crap is soooo tired. 

feedback