[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Juan Anderson  (Read 57182 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Juan Anderson
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:26 AM »
The only way he would have been 'very valuable' is if our team sucked.  It's like when a punter is very valuable. 

JA got plenty of time and didn't get better.  As a sophomore Blue scored double digits 7 out of his last 10 big east games.  Anderson did it 0 times all season and averaged about 1.3 ppg over the last 15 games of the season(0 ppg in NCAA). 

I'm shocked that anyone was shocked that Vander improved year.  To throw Blue out there as evidence that Anderson would have improved is outrageous. 

Can someone run Juan's per 48 min stats this year?  He logged more minutes, grabbed more rebounds but his foul rate seemed rather high and he wasn't shooting the ball all too well either.
SS Marquette

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
This is college, so it would be 40 minutes stat.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:17:16 PM by T-Bone »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
Congrats on post 1000!

I'd like to thank my teachers for not kicking me out of Business Administration. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
"Damn biz ad'ers!" - CJ Crandall
CJ Crandall

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »
I'd be surprised if Juan makes a splash wherever he lands. I think he's approaching his ceiling.

I really can't believe all the negative comments about a kid who has given his all to our team, the team we are supposed to be fans of.  I think Juan is ready for a breakout year, just like JWilson had this past season.  I will be cheering him on this next season, as I suspect we all will be.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »
I really can't believe all the negative comments about a kid who has given his all to our team, the team we are supposed to be fans of.  I think Juan is ready for a breakout year, just like JWilson had this past season.  I will be cheering him on this next season, as I suspect we all will be.

How long have you been reading this board?  It's been this way from the start.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »
"Damn biz ad'ers!" - CJ Crandall
CJ Crandall

The Ramblin' Mandarin.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »
How long have you been reading this board?  It's been this way from the start.

Almost 6 years and I still don't understand why people on this board attack kids (17-21 year olds) who work their asses off to do the best they can for MU.  Juan is going to have a good year and we should all be happy for him and the rest of our team.

brandx

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »
Almost 6 years and I still don't understand why people on this board attack kids (17-21 year olds) who work their asses off to do the best they can for MU.  Juan is going to have a good year and we should all be happy for him and the rest of our team.

+1000

And these wouldn't be the same people who post and post any time there is a thread with a new rumor, would it?

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »

Yepppp.  I was very glad to have him represent the university, as he seemed like a great young man.  I loved watching him freshman year; even when he was on the bench, he had so much energy and passion.  Wish him well.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:28 PM »

+1kabillion! 

They are kids. Just like yours and mine. 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2013, 03:33:05 AM »
It is better for Juan, if he wants more playing time. It is also better for Juan, because he has a redshirt year to work on his game. However, I do not agree it is better for MU. Juan was an important part of last year's team and improve significantly over his freshmen year. Players usually continue to improve. Remember in the Wisconsin game when UW was making a run and Dekker went in for a dunk that was blocked by Anderson. It was one of the best plays of the year. Juan was always giving maximum effort and he will be missed.
Agreed Juan should return and is very valuable. It would be a mistake for him to go...

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2013, 03:38:10 AM »
Juan might be a really nice guy, but after 2 below average seasons on the court, he should be happy anyone would want him.  At UCLA, Oregon they will probably recruit a better small
forward who can score.  It was probably best he left MU, his playing time would even become less next year.  Having Otule, Derrick Wilson and Juan on the court at the same time, would
be an offensive disaster.  Hos overall hustle was excellent, but he rarely could hit an outside shot and had trouble finishing around the basket.  He really needs to play the 2 to go to the
next level.  The year off will really help him, I wish him the best.
You dont know what is going on here Juan can score but the system and role does not call for him to.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:43 AM »
You dont know what is going on here Juan can score but the system and role does not call for him to.

+1

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
Agreed Juan should return and is very valuable. It would be a mistake for him to go...

+10 kabillion if he returns it puts MU back in the pre-season top 10!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2013, 08:53:22 AM »
Nice kid and team member/player, but lets's not confuse him with the second comin' of Carmelo Anthony.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Nice kid and team member/player, but lets's not confuse him with the second comin' of Carmelo Anthony.

He can be a double digit rebounder and scorer next year.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »

I am sure Juan would get better, he can not get any worse.  His stats would show he barely could shot the ball from distance much less finish near the basket.  In college, the point guard
and three are key positions and last year MU did not get much from either position.  Look at the Badgers, Sam Decker at the three, who would you want, Decker or Juan?  Juan can be replaced by Jamil, proven scorer which enables McKay to play the 4.  Where does Juan fit, he would play his 5 to 7 minutes again next year.  Rather give those minutes to Burton or Johnson.  Secondly, Juan was a great kid for the program, I would rather have seen him stay. Maybe he wants to be closer to his family, more importantly the off year will help Juan mature
as a player.  I am a fan of his, hope he has a great future.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
He can be a double digit rebounder and scorer next year.

No doubt, at UW-Stout.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
DenverMU

Was that meant to be in teal?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »
I am sure Juan would get better, he can not get any worse. 
I am a fan of his.

::)

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »

::)

Talking out of both sides of my mouth.  Yes, it sounds that way, but I do see some talent there, just has not consistently showed it.  Does not mean I do not like to see him
improve, it just will be at a different school, which I hope he does great at.  Still a great kid, maybe not on the basketball court yet.

feedback