[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where did you stand on the hire before and where do you stand now?

Didn't like it and still don't
24 (19.4%)
I've liked it the whole time
32 (25.8%)
Didn't like it but I've changed my mind
19 (15.3%)
Ambivalent
29 (23.4%)
Ambivalent at first but now sold
20 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: What's Your Post Presser Stance?  (Read 7384 times)

Norm

• All American
Re: What's Your Post Presser Stance?
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
Guys, Crean has said numerous times that he wished his leaving Marquette had been handled better, by which I assume he includes having his players find out about it on tv.

As for this press conference, I wish Williams luck, but have to admit I was not overwhelmed with the clips they had online. I guess I expected more energy from a guy who is supposed to be a tireless worker and relentless recruiter. Maybe its just the speaking style he has from growing up in the South, but I found him a little boring to listen to.

In addition, I think he went overboard trying to talk up the players. The half hugs through the players after he was announced almost seemed forced and awkward. If the players loved him so much wouldn't they have seemed more excited? Few smiles in that crowd when he walked through them.

Yes, he wants to protect the players and emphasize that the program is about them. Just seemed to go overboard on it. Is he a social worker or a coach?

I wish Buzz the best and hope he gets some media training before the season starts.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
Chicos you are dead wrong!! For a guy who claims to know everyone you obviously do not know Crean.  Crean has acknowledged it was unfortunate, but he would never admit anything more than that.  The guy is a complete A-hole, that treated everyone like absolute crap.  Big donor to small time employee both he and his wife were complete horses asses all the time.  Do you really think it is a coincidence that we sold out the post season banquet now that that jack ass is gone?  Crean did a nice job at MU, no doubt, but you do not have to be a complete ass to accomplish difficult endeavors.  He will get his come uppance.  

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »
Just waiting for the Chicos "just talking to Buzz" post....   :-\

Good luck Brent, you are going to need it.  He doesn't have to impress me - I just hope he does impress a solid group of players to come here over the years before we have to pull the plug on this experiment.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
Chicos you are dead wrong!! For a guy who claims to know everyone you obviously do not know Crean.  Crean has acknowledged it was unfortunate, but he would never admit anything more than that.  The guy is a complete A-hole, that treated everyone like absolute crap.  Big donor to small time employee both he and his wife were complete horses asses all the time.  Do you really think it is a coincidence that we sold out the post season banquet now that that jack ass is gone?  Crean did a nice job at MU, no doubt, but you do not have to be a complete ass to accomplish difficult endeavors.  He will get his come uppance.  

I think it's great that the banquet sold out, that is terrific.  I didn't know Joanie was a horses' ass, she never came across that way to me....let alone "all the time to everyone".  Your hyperbole is noted.  And yes as an employee I'm well aware of how he could be....so could Mike....so could Bobby....so could Matt....so could Roy for that matter.  Some more than others.

I think the banquet sold out because of MU fans are terrific and felt these poor players were being put into a position they shouldn't have been put into, and I applaud gratefully to MU fans for doing this.  Doesn't surprise me at all.  MU fans were going to step up and be there to support that team and why not.  I suspect they will do that again next year at the turnstyle as well, or at least I hope they do.  It's the lifeblood of the program and a slide would be hurtful in many ways.

As for him never admitting it, again a lot of hyperbole.  Never is a long time.  I suspect that he feels he did what was right for him from a career standpoint, but he wishes he did it a bit differently in hindsight.  He blew that one and I'd be quite surprised if he doesn't know it.

Only-A-Warrior...sorry, "no just talking to Buzz" posts.  Don't know him, never met him....I enjoyed the press conference today.  Made me feel a little better, but not a ton.  I believe MU could have gotten Buzz next week, let alone today and should have tried a bit harder with a few more candidates.  But that process is over, we have who we have and like many others, wish him nothing but the best.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
No one is going to work harder than Buzz towards Marquette's success - I feel he will surprise us on the positive side.  You really can't help but to like the guy personally - now let's get going fast and get things done.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
Crean knowing it and admitting it are obviously ywo different things, the difference between class and ass are knowing what's right and doing whats right.  You may be correct that people are attending the banquet be cause they feel sorry for the players, I know many who bought tickets because Creans tired insincere pompus ass wont be there.  And these were huge Mu supporters when he first started were treted like crap by him yet continued their support because it was Marqette yet hated the coach.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
Crean knowing it and admitting it are obviously ywo different things, the difference between class and ass are knowing what's right and doing whats right.  You may be correct that people are attending the banquet be cause they feel sorry for the players, I know many who bought tickets because Creans tired insincere pompus ass wont be there.  And these were huge Mu supporters when he first started were treted like crap by him yet continued their support because it was Marqette yet hated the coach.

Well, from all reports, Williams is a huge step up in the class department and likable by many.  Crean is gone....like many marriages people grate on others.  O'Neill couldn't wait to get out of MU fast enough because of the alums, Deane didn't care for many of them either (though many he did care for)....the Buzz era has begun.  Sorry Mrs. Crean treated you poorly every day, surprising to hear.

feedback