[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Live at the Al!  (Read 8313 times)

LongtimeMUFan

• Walk-On
Re: Live at the Al!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
Press conference streaming live right now on wisn.com

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
Best way to have a good relationship with students and alums is to win.  Bring it Brent (sorry, no Buzz for a 35 year old man - I've known a few Buzzes in my life dating back to MU and there was something not right with each of them)   :'(

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
You can tell he's nervous, but exactly what I thought he'd be, driven and very down to earth.

I've said it before, we got a good one. People are going to like him a lot, just gotta give it time.

Schoonts

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
I don't know what he looks like but he reminds me of Brett Bielema...  I'm not a vadger fan, but that guy is classy.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 02:41:37 PM »
Is Homer there?
Ludum habemus.

MUinCO

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »
I too have registered my displeasure (B&M-ing as our moderator would put it) at this hire today…ad nauseum.  But you all are right, he's our guy now and we have a shared love interest. 

I know most of our criticism is with the hire not the man so it's time to root for Buzz and wish him the best for now.  There will be plenty of time to critique his on-the-job performance in the coming months.

State

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
"I'm not concerned of my reputation--I'm concerned about my character"

That was in response to 'how does your communication style differ than the previous coach'.

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Norm

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

What does that even mean? That he doesn't mind swearing at players as long as it builds character? I don't quite get it.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
I am going to say this over and over for the next 7 months or so.  

Everyone says that Buzz is the reason we have the recruiting class we do and the four star coming in 2009.  Crean really did suck as a recruiter and I guess it is no coincidence that our best recruiting class since Wade's Final Four run came in Buzz's first year.  I think we are going to get a great look at Buzz's coaching style this year if the team stays in place.  If he is solid at X's and O's and can bring in one or two more four stars in 2009, I will continue to keep my lip zipped.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

murocky01

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
I was very impressed with Buzz, sounds like a very likable guy, which probably goes a long way in explaining why he is such a good recruiter.  I think he will be very successful at MU as head coach.  

I also liked the indirect dig against Crean when he said the first thing he did was inform the players that he was their coach (insinuating that Crean put himself before the players).

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »

That was in response to 'how does your communication style differ than the previous coach'.

Absolutely beautiful!!!

i loved that line as well.   not the most eloquent speaker, but he got his point across... he is going to make sure his team becomes men and that they work to the max of their ability on and off the court.  he is definitely passionate and very polite.  
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
I think his passion started to show near the end.  He is also so excited and emotional that he will work his tail off.  He wants to prove himself.  This may actually be the "best" move.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
I was there -

About what I expected.  My favorite part was his quote about recruiting to Milwaukee though:

"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here."

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
You can definitely see why recruits like this guy.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 05:02:57 PM »
I was there -

About what I expected.  My favorite part was his quote about recruiting to Milwaukee though:

"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here."

Wow. That's a beaut.
SS Marquette

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
He was killing me during the Q&A:

Reporter:  Joe Blow ESPN 1250
Buzz:  Niiiice too meeeet you
Reporter:  Coach wh....(interrupted)
Buzz:  Haw yu doin?
Reporter:  Good coach, thanks.

I think this pattern was repeated about 10 times....with the occasional pause to say....Coach Raymonds....my 15th mistake was not thanking my wife.. bill cords....shannon....troy...freeway...on and on......

I have to say I was amused...but I hope he turns down the awwwshuxx Texas thing a little bit this year!   :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:31:40 PM by MURFC »

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »
He certainly was likable.  However, I think MU may want to spend a little of the money they saved on some media training for ol Buzz.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »
tower912 -- do you think this press conference has a celebratory feel to it? It sounds like a wake!

I want people to be excited!

PRN, Buzz is not the ideal guy, but he is here. give him a chance. We get it, you don't like the hire. I am not reading your posts for awhile. You are to depressing.

Dont read his posts (let alone comment) You are such a homer. I still rememebr how you thought CUSA was a great conference for MU as well. Get off this board and go to the other one--surprised you are still here.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »
tower912 -- do you think this press conference has a celebratory feel to it? It sounds like a wake!

I want people to be excited!

PRN, Buzz is not the ideal guy, but he is here. give him a chance. We get it, you don't like the hire. I am not reading your posts for awhile. You are to depressing.

Dont read his posts (let alone comment) You are such a homer. I still rememebr how you thought CUSA was a great conference for MU as well. Get off this board and go to the other one--surprised you are still here.

I really hate to jump into a fight.

But, while the big east is certainly an upgrade for MU, CUSA wasn't a terrible conference when MU was in it.

Look at how well the CUSA programs have done in the Big East... and look at Memphis.

Not too shabby.

anyways, back to bitching and griping.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 06:18:24 PM »
I don't recall a discussion about CUSA, but I didn't mind it at all. Now its lousy, but at the time it was somewhat loaded. The Big East has about 5 teams that just suck...West Virginia was considered a bubble team before the
BE tourny with 11 wins because they hadn't beaten anybody!

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »
He was killing me during the Q&A:

Reporter:  Joe Blow ESPN 1250
Buzz:  Niiiice too meeeet you
Reporter:  Coach wh....(interrupted)
Buzz:  Haw yu doin?
Reporter:  Good coach, thanks.

I think this pattern was repeated about 10 times....with the occasional pause to say....Coach Raymonds....my 15th mistake was not thanking my wife.. bill cords....shannon....troy...freeway...on and on......

I have to say I was amused...but I hope he turns down the awwwshuxx Texas thing a little bit this year!   :D

I loved it though! . . . & especially when he was like, "i don't think i answered your question all the way"--so conscientious!! 

Seriously, also agree on getting some speech Skillz.  Mad props for making a "man is only as strong as his wife" reference, buuuut he needs to work on the delivery . . . but he was nervous i'll cut him some slack.

And finally, can't resist asking if the Monday Radio Show next season will be held at BW3s????  ;D  i'm sorry, i couldn't help it!  Fire up Marquette!

mviale

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »
meat and potatoes guy - PRN should be happy - feels like when Bill left.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback