'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tony Bennet UVA salary  (Read 15117 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Tony Bennet UVA salary
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
There is zero chance he will leave UVA. Take a trip to Charlottesville and see the UVA campus and you will understand why. This is his final job unless a top tier NBA job came up.
He's not a student  for chrissakes. Who cares about the campus?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
There is zero chance he will leave UVA. Take a trip to Charlottesville and see the UVA campus and you will understand why. This is his final job unless a top tier NBA job came up.

I know lots of people that left UVA to go to cities some would consider worse and campuses all would consider uglier.  What is best for an individual, their career often has little to do with the city/campus.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
I know lots of people that left UVA to go to cities some would consider worse and campuses all would consider uglier.  What is best for an individual, their career often has little to do with the city/campus.
It is the whole package, great college town, and an ACC school with significant resources. He is not giving that up for Marquette no matter what the money is. No head coach one will make that trade. An assistant will for career advancement. 

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
Magic. 4% chance TB even talks to Cords.

#DONEDEAL
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

FloorSlapping

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »
Magic. 4% chance TB even talks to Cords.

You nailed the 4% chance. He might mistake the area code for a friend in the area.....oops.

Virginia is probably issuing him a new contract with a higher salary as a way to thank him for his success this season.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 05:26:22 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
You think Strong would care about his ROI...you look at the list of top-spending programs, and when you consider performance and even more so expectations, one of these things is not like the others.

Those numbers are nonsense.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »
Those numbers are nonsense.

JayBee - you been working on your 3 ball the past couple of weeks?  I'm in mid-season form... ;D
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
JayBee - you been working on your 3 ball the past couple of weeks?  I'm in mid-season form... ;D

Yeah, although in games I've been playing inside a lot more lately. I have the athleticism of an old man who never was athletic, but most of my game is trending upward... the exception being my 3. No problem, I'll still rip the cords against you.

You still haven't sent a PM. You owe me $20 and need to confirm you're in for a $20 bet re: NBA 3-point contest [exact format we can do whatever we mutually decide on]

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »
Yeah, although in games I've been playing inside a lot more lately. I have the athleticism of an old man who never was athletic, but most of my game is trending upward... the exception being my 3. No problem, I'll still rip the cords against you.

You still haven't sent a PM. You owe me $20 and need to confirm you're in for a $20 bet re: NBA 3-point contest [exact format we can do whatever we mutually decide on]

Didn't take you up on the PomEroy bet...but....if you feel a bet was agreed to on that....I'll give you $20 before we conduct the 3 point contest, and then you can just hand it back to me after that's done!!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Didn't take you up on the PomEroy bet...but....if you feel a bet was agreed to on that....I'll give you $20 before we conduct the 3 point contest, and then you can just hand it back to me after that's done!!

True, I said that in order for us to do the 3-point contest you had to agree to the Pomeroy bet. So, if you're giving me $20 for that, then great... but bring $40 just in case.

I'm running with some yung bois on Monday... about to eat this pregame meal. #precise

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Exactly - unless the NBA comes calling Donovan, he's going nowhere until he's an old man.
that's never happened before...

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
He's not a student  for chrissakes. Who cares about the campus?

Well, it never hurts to like where you go to work. It's certainly not the most important thing, but it's on the list. And it's a huge advantage for UVA over MU.

feedback