[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2007 transfers so far UCLA, Washington State, Gonzaga, UCONN...  (Read 4033 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
2007 transfers so far  UCLA, Washington State, Gonzaga, UCONN, Louisville....notice anything so far?

Let's add Indiana, Arkansas, Iowa State, Seton Hall, Dayton, Arizona State, Purdue, Clemson, Florida State, Xavier, Washington, Wake Forest, Ole Miss, Michigan State, etc, etc

That is so far in 2007 with many teams having 2 or more players go

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: 2007 transfers so far UCLA, Washington State, Gonzaga, UCONN...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:40 PM »
I think agree with the point you are making (a lot of good programs have transfers, its part of being a top program)... but I also know where this thread is going...

3...2....1...cue PRN and 4everwarriors...

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:32:12 PM »
who transfered from Michigan St? I can not find that press release anywhere

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
I find it curious that both MU boards have now included posts addressing transfers when we haven't had any this year.

I have a feeling these unsolicited "informational" posts about transfers will soon make perfect sense.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »

I'm not sure if it's official yet, but it's been reported that Maurice Joseph will transfer.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:00:50 PM »
I find it curious that both MU boards have now included posts addressing transfers when we haven't had any this year.

I have a feeling these unsolicited "informational" posts about transfers will soon make perfect sense.

MU boards have had transfer posts every April for the last 5 years just like they've had posts about Crean needing an Xs and Os bench coach and unrealistic hope with regard to our latest spring signing reach. Nothing curious about it.

Besides, as you well know, "attrition" will happen. After all, it's what makes you happy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »

I know of no transfers PRN but we obviously have one too many scholarships right now so somewhere, something is going to happen.  Transfer, someone going pro, someone doing something else.  I just don't know.

How about that list above....some fairly amazing programs many with multiple players...including Bennett's kid...the annointed one...he's got two leaving and it's only his first year coaching.  So strange.....   ::)

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 06:18:31 PM »
Besides, as you well know, "attrition" will happen. After all, it's what makes you happy.

Goofball...I'd rather a player never see the court and stay four years then leave Marquette for any reason. You might want to run people off because they aren't what we thought, but I don't. So, you're wrong. Attrition among players and assistant coaches does not make me happy. Matter of fact, the yearly revolving door was my first indication that all was not what it seemed.

As far as your response about discussions of transfers in the past, those have generally taken place AFTER somebody has transferred. This pre-emptive posts are a first.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »

Goofball...I'd rather a player never see the court and stay four years then leave Marquette for any reason. You might want to run people off because they aren't what we thought, but I don't. So, you're wrong. Attrition among players and assistant coaches does not make me happy. Matter of fact, the yearly revolving door was my first indication that all was not what it seemed.

As far as your response about discussions of transfers in the past, those have generally taken place AFTER somebody has transferred. This pre-emptive posts are a first.

I didn't mean to imply that transfers in and of themselves make you happy. But when they do happen it allows you more ammo in your dislike of Crean. So, indirectly, they make you happy.

And, actually, the transfer posts aren't new. I've seen posts about "master" transfer lists on both the scout board and the old rivals board for the last 3 years. Before that, the discussion typically did include information about other schools' transfers after we had kids like Howard, Blankson, et al. leave. We all remember things differently. There's other crap I won't remember but about this I do recall since we've had transfers every year. I'm not being a donkey just to be a donkey.

Besides, I'm sure you realize that we won't have a transfer this spring. It's pretty clear what will happen.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »
cooby, have you had previous screen names?  Just curious, I like your style.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »

I'm not sure if it's official yet, but it's been reported that Maurice Joseph will transfer.

ABEL'S BROTHER?!?

SIGN HIM UP!!!   :P
SS Marquette

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 02:02:44 AM »
I think agree with the point you are making (a lot of good programs have transfers, its part of being a top program)... but I also know where this thread is going...

Wow, have I lost my touch.  No mention of DKCL in that post.  How's this:

"Tom Crean, famed recruiter - only recruiter in MU history to see his entire class leave".

Will that get me in PN and 4Ever territory?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »

Wow, have I lost my touch.  No mention of DKCL in that post.  How's this:

"Tom Crean, famed recruiter - only recruiter in MU history to see his entire class leave".

Will that get me in PN and 4Ever territory?

I'm just calling those guys out because Chicos and those 2 have had this same argument over and over and over (if I'm recalling correctly). It's kind of a tired argument from both sides. 

I agree that transfers have hurt MU, especially the Bell/christian/mason group. But, the coaching staff did a great job filling those holes and upgrading the talent. Losing an entire class is a problem, there is no doubt, but the program survived.

Transfers obviously aren't good, but they happen at a lot of good programs (as shown in the article), so if a player transfers, let's not assume the sky is falling.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »
As reported recently....

Roughly a third of all Division I men's basketball players transfer to another school during their college careers, according to statistics provided by the NCAA. Among those who entered college in 1998, the most recent year for which the NCAA has compiled data, 32 percent transferred at least once. The reasons range from homesickness to academics, from problems with the coach to injuries. Sometimes all of the above.

http://www.registercitizen.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15957263&BRD=1652&PAG=461&dept_id=464186&rfi=6

I bring it up each year because apparently some folks believe it happens only on 12th street between Wells St. and Wisconsin Ave and are unable to look at the much bigger picture that it not only happens across the country and it happens to high major programs.

And yes, we lost an entire class of recruits...and replaced them with better ones that weren't breaking the laws and other conduct unbecoming.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:19:59 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

feedback