collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 02:26:40 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 21717 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Georgia
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 07:18:11 AM »
have to think pictures/videos like these should speed up implementation of mail-in ballots

Then your vote is made public and not cast privately. I prefer a private/secret ballot which would be impossible with mail-in ballots. Do you want Trump or anyone else collecting your voting history. I don't.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/08/11/voting-public-or-private-act-your-ballot-not-secret-you-think

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 07:46:29 AM »
We need paper back-ups.  How else can you do a recount? 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »
How many Americans have the internet?  How discriminitory,  thought the characters in this string were more woke than that.

Those that don't have smart phones, Rhoda that don't can go to the library, those that don't have a library or smart phone can vote mail in, those that don't can stand in line. Yeah that too discriminatory.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2020, 08:55:22 AM »
Two years ago a hacker at the big Las Vegas Tech Convention as a demonstration hacked into a voter database somewhere in like 10 minutes.

Was that voter database using the same kind of security system that keeps Vanguard, Fidelity and Schwab, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, etc, from getting hacked into?

Those and other brokerage houses and major banks hold trillions of dollars in assets. I don't know about you, but I have all of my investments and savings in them. Somehow, the hackers aren't able to get in there -- and I doubt it's because they haven't tried.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »
Then your vote is made public and not cast privately. I prefer a private/secret ballot which would be impossible with mail-in ballots. Do you want Trump or anyone else collecting your voting history. I don't.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/08/11/voting-public-or-private-act-your-ballot-not-secret-you-think

Such utter nonsense. Your vote is not made public.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
Was that voter database using the same kind of security system that keeps Vanguard, Fidelity and Schwab, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, etc, from getting hacked into?

Those and other brokerage houses and major banks hold trillions of dollars in assets. I don't know about you, but I have all of my investments and savings in them. Somehow, the hackers aren't able to get in there -- and I doubt it's because they haven't tried.

I think the point of his hack was to show the system needed to be upgraded as you indicated here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2020, 10:19:56 AM »

This is wrong. And Trump just voted by mail.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »

How is voting with a paper ballot by mail, which has been done for years by the way, any different then doing it by paper ballot in person?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
Speaking of Georgia, it's about to send a QAnon believer to Congress.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marjorie-green-a-georgia-republican-is-poised-to-become-congress-first-qanon-believing-member?ref=home
I'm sure Chicos will tell you its both sides. Both sides.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2020, 01:25:14 PM »

How is voting with a paper ballot by mail, which has been done for years by the way, any different then doing it by paper ballot in person?

I never voted with a paper ballot. Do you sign the ballot or do you sign the registration book and then cast an anonymous paper ballot? Here in New Jersey or at least at my precinct we sign the registration book and then secretly cast the vote electronically in a voting booth that produces a printed copy which you place in a sealed box. That way they can validate the votes cast with votes printed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 01:40:29 PM by muwarrior69 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
I never voted with a paper ballot. Do you sign the ballot or do you sign the registration book and then cast an anonymous paper ballot? Here in New Jersey or at least at my precinct we sign the registration book and then secretly cast the vote electronically in a voting booth that produces a printed copy which you place in a sealed box. That way they can validate the votes cast with votes printed.

When you vote by mail, you sign your envelope and your ballot is inside.  It's the same basic process as voting in person.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »
When you vote by mail, you sign your envelope and your ballot is inside.  It's the same basic process as voting in person.

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2020, 02:44:32 PM »

So when they open the envelope they know how you voted, no?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »

As much as the person who is standing at the machine when I feed my ballot in person.  Except they're putting it in the machine.  I'm failing to see your point.

Is your entire method of arguing simply trying to poke holes that can be easily filled?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »

I'm just curious as to what you think they do.

With thousands or even tens of thousands of votes to count, do you think they have time to stop and record whose name was on the envelope for each and every vote? Remember that there are reps from both parties in the room when the ballots are counted.

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2020, 03:15:59 PM »
Yes.  In that one brief instance of time, some county clerk will know how I voted.  On the spectrum of things I am worried about privacy wise, that ranks pretty far down the list.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
Yes.  In that one brief instance of time, some county clerk will know how I voted.  On the spectrum of things I am worried about privacy wise, that ranks pretty far down the list.

We give our privacy info out ALL THE TIME over the internet and mail.

TONS of sensitive business and government programs are done on the internet and by mail.

Why is voting through one or both of those so taboo?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2020, 03:44:39 PM »
We give our privacy info out ALL THE TIME over the internet and mail.

TONS of sensitive business and government programs are done on the internet and by mail.

Why is voting through one or both of those so taboo?

Because its about voter repression under the guise of the fear of voter fraud.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
Data mining companies have thousands- even tens of thousands of pieces of data on the majority of people in this country.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

Yep, just as they knew how President Pandemic voted when he voted by mail in Florida’s primary.

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2020, 04:32:45 PM »
Yep, just as they knew how President Pandemic voted when he voted by mail in Florida’s primary.

After he commited voter fraud while registering.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2020, 07:42:28 AM »

After he commited voter fraud while registering.

That's right.  He put his New York address on the form.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2020, 05:44:25 AM »
There are a lot of people in this room with short memories. After the last election, do you seriously think we should have online voting? Seriously?

Whoever loses will challenge over and over again, claiming everything from voter suppression to foreign hacking. And if it is ever proven that someone hacked into the election systems, God-forbid the implication on our country.

My hang-up with mail-in ballots, online voting etc., goes to the sacredness of voting in our country. C'mon, you're saying this country is too damn lazy to get up on a Tuesday morning in November, walk, ride a bus or drive to a polling place, wait their turn in line, cast a ballot and maybe see someone from the neighborhood and chat for a few minutes and go home? That's what voting is about. It's the most important thing as Americans we do.

If any political party can't get people to do this simple act once or twice a year, shame on them. Maybe they should start looking at candidates who really will make a difference in people's lives.

As a final thought, perhaps I've lived in Illinois too long but if Old Man Daley could steal an election for John F. Kennedy with paper ballots, think of what he could do with a computer. Or, unlimited mail-in ballots. Gosh, in Texas, Lyndon Johnson might have received a million votes from Jim Wells County back in 1948!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2020, 06:17:24 AM »
Two suggestions before this gets locked:
1.  If I can pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes through a secure IRS website, why can't I vote through a secure web site?
2.  let's tie the two together... everyone gets one vote for every dollar of taxes they pay.

if someone wants to hack into my "secure irs website" to pay my taxes, hack away eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2020, 08:27:00 AM »
There are a lot of people in this room with short memories. After the last election, do you seriously think we should have online voting? Seriously?

Whoever loses will challenge over and over again, claiming everything from voter suppression to foreign hacking. And if it is ever proven that someone hacked into the election systems, God-forbid the implication on our country.

My hang-up with mail-in ballots, online voting etc., goes to the sacredness of voting in our country. C'mon, you're saying this country is too damn lazy to get up on a Tuesday morning in November, walk, ride a bus or drive to a polling place, wait their turn in line, cast a ballot and maybe see someone from the neighborhood and chat for a few minutes and go home? That's what voting is about. It's the most important thing as Americans we do.

If any political party can't get people to do this simple act once or twice a year, shame on them. Maybe they should start looking at candidates who really will make a difference in people's lives.

As a final thought, perhaps I've lived in Illinois too long but if Old Man Daley could steal an election for John F. Kennedy with paper ballots, think of what he could do with a computer. Or, unlimited mail-in ballots. Gosh, in Texas, Lyndon Johnson might have received a million votes from Jim Wells County back in 1948!

Just regarding your Daley/Kennedy assertion. Some fact checking is due.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/08/heres-a-voter-fraud-myth-richard-daley-stole-illinois-for-john-kennedy-in-the-1960-election/%3foutputType=amp
Maigh Eo for Sam