[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 21719 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Georgia
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »
Read the entire Georgia voting thread today:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1270312105128988684?s=19

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
Read the entire Georgia voting thread today:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1270312105128988684?s=19

if you think it's bad now, just wait until November.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:31:14 PM »
Both Georgia and Florida will be intentional clusterunnatural carnal knowledges come November.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:32:25 PM »
have to think pictures/videos like these should speed up implementation of mail-in ballots

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:32:52 PM »
Both Georgia and Florida will be intentional clusterunnatural carnal knowledges come November.

Texas too. I would imagine Wisconsin will be bad as well. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 03:38:08 PM »
Georgia can do this because they suppressed enough votes in 2018 to elect Kemp as governor.

In April, the state’s Republican House leader, David Ralston, publicly denounced the Republican secretary of state for sending absentee ballots to registered voters ahead of Tuesday’s primary, which was postponed from its original May 19 date due to the pandemic. Ralston claimed mail-in voting is ”devastating to Republicans.

Expect to see tons more of this in the fall. We know which party commits voter fraud  every election.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 03:46:36 PM »
This is what voter suppression looks like.  I live in affluent northern burbs (majority white) and guess what?  There have been short waits, but nothing like they've seen in areas with predominantly African American populations.  This in not accidental. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
Presidential election day should be a federal/national holiday.

States can decide what they want to do for state/local/primary election days, though I subscribe to the thought that everyone should be given time to vote during the work day as part of state policy.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
Presidential election day should be a federal/national holiday.

States can decide what they want to do for state/local/primary election days, though I subscribe to the thought that everyone should be given time to vote during the work day as part of state policy.

When I lived in NYC, working in academia I always got election day off.

There's a huge movement to ban required activity for student-athletes on election day this year with a lot of schools already committing to do so.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 04:20:11 PM »
This is what voter suppression looks like.  I live in affluent northern burbs (majority white) and guess what?  There have been short waits, but nothing like they've seen in areas with predominantly African American populations.  This in not accidental.

As Ozzie Guillen (and others) used to say: "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »
IBTL.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 04:52:35 PM »
have to think pictures/videos like these should speed up implementation of mail-in ballots

One party will never allow that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »
One party will never allow that.
One party will resist it, but I think it is coming, slowly but surely. Society will demand it. When you can log in to Amazon and have a refrigerator delivered to you in 2 hours, it makes no sense to have to spend the time that you do for in-person voting.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 08:09:31 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1270463218377506816?s=19

Make no mistake about it. This will be the trump/republican playbook in November.

Steal the election through voter suppression.  This was not an unexpected outcome today. It is what Republicans have fought for. A continuation of their racist policies when it comes to voting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 09:53:55 PM »
They'd bring back the poll tax if they thought they could get away with it.

shoothoops

• All American
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:30:41 AM by shoothoops »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:11 AM »
All the talk of voting improprieties ... all the talk of potential fraud ... all the evils that mail-in voting supposedly will bring ...

And yet Georgia cheats right out in the open, brazenly. They did it in 2018, and they're doing it again this year. I'd admire their chutzpah, if it weren't un-American, immoral and unethical.

But yeah ... mail-in voting, which 5 states do without any problems and which the Hypocrite In Chief himself does ... that guarantees fraud will occur.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 08:57:36 AM »
One party will resist it, but I think it is coming, slowly but surely. Society will demand it. When you can log in to Amazon and have a refrigerator delivered to you in 2 hours, it makes no sense to have to spend the time that you do for in-person voting.

Except that it verifys that it us you, that ur breathing, and not hacked or coerced. Smh
What a blind liberal lovefest, not here to say current systems dont have their issues, but to simply say make this change and everything will be great is par for the course.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:59:52 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 09:06:07 AM »
When you can log in to Amazon and have a refrigerator delivered to you in 2 hours, it makes no sense to have to spend the time that you do for in-person voting.

I get what you're saying about the fridge, but let's take it one step further and perhaps even more relevantly regarding the issue at hand ...

Many of us have online brokerage accounts with significant assets in them.

And yet, somehow, we are able to move those assets and do transactions worth thousands ... tens of thousands ... hundreds of thousands of dollars ... quickly, safely, securely and effectively.

Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, etc, "know it is us" doing the transactions, and I am not aware of a single episode of one of these major brokerage houses being hacked or defrauded. Maybe there has been one, but I don't know of one.

Do what they do to secure the safety, security and efficiency of the voting process. I'm not a techie, but it has to be possible ... because they do it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 09:20:56 AM »
I get what you're saying about the fridge, but let's take it one step further and perhaps even more relevantly regarding the issue at hand ...

And yet, somehow, we are able to move those assets and do transactions worth thousands ... tens of thousands ... hundreds of thousands of dollars ... quickly, safely, securely and effectively.

Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, etc, "know it is us" doing the transactions, and I am not aware of a single episode of one of these major brokerage houses being hacked or defrauded. Maybe there has been one, but I don't know of one.

Do what they do to secure the safety, security and efficiency of the voting process. I'm not a techie, but it has to be possible ... because they do it.
Yup, your comparison certainly goes to the security aspect of it. Good point. I was primarily pointing out the convenience and efficiency of mail-in voting.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 09:40:27 AM »

Good points.  I've been filing my taxes for years via an online portal with my SSN all over the place.  Why the hell can't we have an online voting portal giving access to nearly everyone with a smart device?  Oh wait, fear propaganda saying "but what if your vote gets hacked?"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »
Good points.  I've been filing my taxes for years via an online portal with my SSN all over the place.  Why the hell can't we have an online voting portal giving access to nearly everyone with a smart device?  Oh wait, fear propaganda saying "but what if your vote gets hacked?"

I know it is a rhetorical question but I will answer it anyway. It is solely because one corrupt political party will not allow it. They revel in the fact that it is harder to vote in the USA than any other industrialized country in the world.

It is simply massive republican voter fraud.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2020, 09:57:57 AM »
This is easily solved.  Multi-factor authentication.  My company does it so I can log in to Outlook...I think the Federal Govt. can figure it out to allow people to vote. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 09:59:22 AM »
This is easily solved.  Multi-factor authentication.  My company does it so I can log in to Outlook...I think the Federal Govt. can figure it out to allow people to vote.

Seems like a no-brainer. You can't make all voting online because there still are a lot of Americans who do not have online access, but it certainly should be doable.